Forums

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Posts 601 to 620 of 669

Ralizah

Windy wrote:

I beat Pluto last night. QUESTION? Does anyone know how much longer the game is? My save file is at 90 hours. Man this game is long but absolutely has been one of my favorites of all time! I haven't even bought any of the addons yet LOL

Next up is EOIV. I haven't even opened that one yet Also I'm loving Pokemon after the initial let down of the lack of 3D. It's very good for my first time ever playing pokemon.

What route are you on?

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

One-Winged-Pit

I would say 20% of the game is left. But the route is important, neutral will make it even longer. OH right after you fight the boss of Infernal Tokyo, save. I did not and had to fight him again, he is a very annoying boss.

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

Windy

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

I would say 20% of the game is left. But the route is important, neutral will make it even longer. OH right after you fight the boss of Infernal Tokyo, save. I did not and had to fight him again, he is a very annoying boss.

I beat the Game yesterday it was about another 4 hours from Pluto with some new quests added at each bar what a great game! I guess I will go again to see about a different ending since I killed **it's a secret** don't want to give any spoilers. How many possible endings?

Edited on by Windy

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391 | Nintendo Network ID: Windy3DS

Spoony_Tech

@Windy Wait WHAT?!?! You killed who? Crap I seen that in my email!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MonocledMetroid

There are four endings, one for each of those little lights on your file.

MonocledMetroid

Windy

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Windy Wait WHAT?!?! You killed who? Crap I seen that in my email!

Noooooo. Man I'm sorry When I realized I put in who I had killed I changed it not to put in spoiler. I didn't think it would hit anyone's email

Still playing 3DS but will have Switch soon for multiplayer with friends. I miss you guys! Adam, Joni, Gavin and the rest of the Blue Rogues from the Phantasy Star Zero Days.

Spoony_Tech

@Windy Its my fault for taking too long to beat the game. Besides I'm not sure we were on the same path anyways and I don't intend to play through it again for a long time. By then I might have forgot about it!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Windy

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Windy Its my fault for taking too long to beat the game. Besides I'm not sure we were on the same path anyways and I don't intend to play through it again for a long time. By then I might have forgot about it!

It's still a great story to play. Hope you enjoy it! Now it's time to Unshrinkwrap EOIV

Spoony_Tech

I still need help with Beelzebub. It's quite ridiculous really. Whenever i get close or land a good blow he rips out an almighty attack followed by deaths door then with eveyone at 1 hit point another almighty attack! Does he have any weeknesses?

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

@CanisWolfred Thanks for doing that research for me. If that doesn't help I'm a lost cause! Now to find salvation as I don't have it yet!

MERG said:

andreoni79

Downloading the game right now.
Is there any good advice for a noob (only played Etrian Odissey)? You know, that kind of info that would save me to start a new game only because I wasted/missed an important object/ability... (Something like "you should invest in satellites and engineers since the very beginning" for XCOM). Thanks in advance!

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

CanisWolfred

Yeah: Don't do the early side quests right away. When you first get the opportunity to talk to demons (as in, the very first time you're given the opportunity in the game), grind a little and get a full party if you can. You'll need it. The first area's surprisingly tough.

Also, don't give Jiraes money. Ever.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

andreoni79

Ok, thanks. Last question: do the game come with a useful manual or should I check some guide before starting? I blindly finished Dark Souls games so I shouldn't have too many problems, but that huge numbers of stats I've seen about SMT demons confused me a little.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

CanisWolfred

Huge number of stats? What stats? Last I checked, there were only 5 stats, and they don't seem to actually matter. Elemental weaknesses and resistances are more important, and they're usually spelt out for you. If it says it's weak to lightning, it's weak to lightning. If it says it repels fire, it repels fire. That sort of stuff.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MsJubilee

andreoni79 wrote:

Ok, thanks. Last question: do the game come with a useful manual or should I check some guide before starting? I blindly finished Dark Souls games so I shouldn't have too many problems, but that huge numbers of stats I've seen about SMT demons confused me a little.

Don't worry about the stats of the demons except when you fuse them,just worry about your own characters stats.Like Magic and agility cause for some reason the gun stat is useless! Just worry about the magic,cause your going to be using that alot and like what wolfy said elemental weaknesses and resistances are important for your demons.Cause if the guy your facing has your demons weaknesses,you're going to have a bad time.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Ralizah

There's no point in worrying about what stats a demon in SMT has. As others have said, the more important thing is to worry about elemental affinity/skills that the creature has, as that will affect both how many extra turns you receive as well as how many times your enemy can hit you . Just think of it as a super dark version of Pokemon.

Best general advice: don't get too attached to your demons. You'll need to fuse them constantly to create stronger allies and be able to execute strategies to take out new bosses.

Also: don't lower the difficulty. The game will give you that option after you die a few times, I believe. Like Dark Souls or Etrian Odyssey, the difficulty is an integral part of the game experience.

Finally: don't give that underworld prick any money or play coins when you die. You'll die a lot, and it's just not worth it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

MonocledMetroid

Well, you might want to pay to be revived if you encountered a fiend, as that's the only way to get them to stick around.

MonocledMetroid

MsJubilee

Ralizah wrote:

Finally: don't give that underworld prick any money or play coins when you die. You'll die a lot, and it's just not worth it.

Except when you die unexpectedly and you made a ton of progress and you haven't saved for a while.That's the only time you should pay the money hungry guy money or play coins.Which is nonsense he asks for way too much when you pick the money option.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Philip_J_Reed

andreoni79 wrote:

Downloading the game right now.
Is there any good advice for a noob (only played Etrian Odissey)? You know, that kind of info that would save me to start a new game only because I wasted/missed an important object/ability... (Something like "you should invest in satellites and engineers since the very beginning" for XCOM). Thanks in advance!

Take your time. My big problem my first time through the game was wanting to rush and find out what the next plot point would be. You'll really want to take it easy, though. Do sidequests. Talk to everyone. Explore every nook and cranny of every area. If you're having trouble with enemies, stay there and grind them until you don't have trouble anymore.

You can run away and luck your way through a few boss battles...but you really shouldn't do that, because luck won't last forever and then you'll be stuck somewhere with a really crappy team.

And as someone said above, don't get attached to the demons. It's...oddly difficult not to, but if you get attached, you're in trouble. You have a limited number of slots, and fusing them is the only way to stay ahead of the game's difficulty.

Oh, and crank the volume. The soundtrack is killer.

Edited on by Philip_J_Reed

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic