3DS Forum

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Showing 461 to 480 of 611

AuthorMessage

Windy

461. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Zaphod_Beeblebrox Just wait till you get a little further and a good set of demons. Once you figure out the formula of how to do combat it does become much easier. However any battle can be dangerous no matter what level you are if careless!

I do find that Just when you think your group is all that, You get your Butt knocked in the dirt. I had some real trouble with the Boss who was spreading the poison gas. Took me at least 15 times to defeat. There is some toughness to the game. But a little level grinding never hurts :)

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage

Blast

462. Posted:

THIS GAME IS TOUGH!!!!!! I would side with Jonathon but his views get too weird sometimes. I'm sticking to Walter. Some of the Boss fights in this game are not fair and SOOOO overpowered. I really hate how the strategy guide abruptly ends and leaves the gamer to fight all these over powered bosses. I luv this game but it gets fustrating. I'm stuck at a Boss where he keeps using spells to regenerate HP whenever he comes close to dying!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!!! XD

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Rapido

463. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

THIS GAME IS TOUGH!!!!!! I would side with Jonathon but his views get too weird sometimes. I'm sticking to Walter. Some of the Boss fights in this game are not fair and SOOOO overpowered. I really hate how the strategy guide abruptly ends and leaves the gamer to fight all these over powered bosses. I luv this game but it gets fustrating. I'm stuck at a Boss where he keeps using spells to regenerate HP whenever he comes close to dying!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!!! XD

Wait till you get the salvation skill. But you won't get it until mid to near-end game. I never had problems with status effects bosses. One thing you can try early on, or until you get salvation, is to fuse "Alice" which negates all status ailment and have some nice stats and basic skill set.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

AuthorMessage

Blast

464. Posted:

Rapido wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Wait till you get the salvation skill. But you won't get it until mid to near-end game. I never had problems with status effects bosses. One thing you can try early on, or until you get salvation, is to fuse "Alice" which negates all status ailment and have some nice stats and basic skill set.

THANKS!! I don't wanna grind but if I gotta.. I gotta. XD

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

465. Posted:

I've never had to grind outside of just wanting to. Just want my demons to level so I could get those skills then I fused them. I think even some of the most powered demons are easy once you figure out their secret to death!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Rapido

466. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I've never had to grind outside of just wanting to. Just want my demons to level so I could get those skills then I fused them. I think even some of the most powered demons are easy once you figure out their secret to death!

Right. Starting with elemental skills is a good strategy, especially for early bosses where you have an array of attack spells to bombard their weaknesses. Choose to fuse specials fusions with little to no weakness, alice is a good example. Or Demonee-ho (for the Desperate Hit Skill) or Huang Long or Shiva etc. I rarely used items in battle, so stacking up that Energy Drain skill is also a good strategy.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

MERG

467. Posted:

I'm 1/2 done with the monochrome forest. All I can say is that, looking back, the game was easy until you hit this section. This area is a b!tch.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

468. Posted:

MERG wrote:

I'm 1/2 done with the monochrome forest. All I can say is that, looking back, the game was easy until you hit this section. This area is a b!tch.

I guess I concede to you beating me this go around. I just found out about the Red

Did you dl the Untold demo yet? I really think you're going to like it. Before you start the game check out the awesome options. Its really going to make the game go by faster but in a good way!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

MERG

469. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Did you dl the Untold demo yet? I really think you're going to like it. Before you start the game check out the awesome options. Its really going to make the game go by faster but in a good way!

I didn't DL the demo yet. I am trying to focus on SMT IV. I was originally gonna hold off on EO but the more I see the more I want it. My issue is there are about 4 WiiU games coming up and 3 3DS games...ain't no WAY I can afford all of them.

AuthorMessage

Aedr

470. Posted:

Grinding took a toll on me since I went to the neutral path on my first playthrough.
I was stuck on the leader board since I haven't finished the 4th photography quest (I had to search what I was missing from the net).
But yeah, I went 99 immediately. Haven't played it since then, I have to finish my other games.
And finally, after that, I might go back and finish the remaining 2 endings.

As for the Untold demo, it's amazing. Way too amazing. I played the demo for a whole day and I fell in love with it. But nope, Pokemon and Ace Attorney comes out this October so I can't get it next month.

I play Shin Megami Tensei IV and Mario Kart 7. Add me up! Be sure to PM me when you do so I can add you back :D

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8387-4100 | Nintendo Network ID: Aedr

AuthorMessage

ferthepoet

471. Posted:

Rapido wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Right. Starting with elemental skills is a good strategy, especially for early bosses where you have an array of attack spells to bombard their weaknesses. Choose to fuse specials fusions with little to no weakness, alice is a good example. Or Demonee-ho (for the Desperate Hit Skill) or Huang Long or Shiva etc. I rarely used items in battle, so stacking up that Energy Drain skill is also a good strategy.

The game was tough until I got Tetrakarm and Makarakarm put both on a demon with lot of MP and no boss ever gave me trouble again except those that only used allmighty attacks, I'm not finished yet though so game may get harder again

ferthepoet

AuthorMessage

Rapido

472. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

Rapido wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

The game was tough until I got Tetrakarm and Makarakarm put both on a demon with lot of MP and no boss ever gave me trouble again except those that only used allmighty attacks, I'm not finished yet though so game may get harder again

most of the later game bosses only use almighty attacks coupled with ailments. You may want to abolish Tetrakarn and Makarakarn for later stage demons because of their innate elemental/physical/gun repels and just concentrate on damage and buff skills. But yeah, that's a good technique. :)

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

MERG

473. Posted:

Rapido wrote:

most of the later game bosses only use almighty attacks coupled with ailments. You may want to abolish Tetrakarn and Makarakarn for later stage demons because of their innate elemental/physical/gun repels and just concentrate on damage and buff skills. But yeah, that's a good technique. :)

I am having a HECK of a time with Isabeau. With both tetrakarn and makarakarn she is blowing me away.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

474. Posted:

MERG wrote:

Rapido wrote:

I am having a HECK of a time with Isabeau. With both tetrakarn and makarakarn she is blowing me away.

Spoiler tags please! o_O

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

MERG

475. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Spoiler tags please! o_O

Ooops...sorry.

AuthorMessage

Rapido

476. Posted:

Poll: What is you're favorite Demon? :)

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

477. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

MERG wrote:

Rapido wrote:

Spoiler tags please! o_O

Have you still not finished the game?

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

478. Posted:

Lol would I have posted spoiler tags if I had. Nope I'm around level 53 and just found out about the source of Reds!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

MERG

479. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Lol would I have posted spoiler tags if I had. Nope I'm around level 53 and just found out about the source of Reds!

You are sloooooooow. I'm at level 67.

AuthorMessage

castlehominid99

480. Posted:

I've never played a shin megami game but am thinking of picking this up to get the 30$ promotional credit. Is this a good place to start in the series?

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango