3DS Forum

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Showing 441 to 460 of 611

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

441. Posted:

Ernest_The_Crab wrote:

That and some of the maps were pretty tedious to navigate especially that last dungeon with both teleporters and one way doors for Strange Journey.

The difficulty in Strange Journey I felt was more "artificial" in nature due to the tedious nature of some of the map elements and the restricted saving. Especially, when dealing with ambushes.

That being said you could deal with the ambushes in Strange Journey with Hyakutaro (lowers chance of ambush) and Surpriser (increase chance of preemptive strikes).

resistances/repels/nulls/drains when fusing demons especially for covering any weaknesses they have (I did this to my elementals so it would be easy to transfer skills to other demons). That way the only way an enemy demon can get additional press turns is through critical hits (well that and targetting your main character).

Fair enough, I think Atlus is trying to make the games now difficult with save anywhere used which is hard to do because saving anywhere really removes the difficulty of any RPG. I thought you were given way too many demons in the stock. It made fusions a ton easier but you rarely had to worry about it. But the thing with bosses in Strange Journey is they did not need extra turns to destroy your team.

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

442. Posted:

@One-Winged-Pit Thanks that helps a bit but I'm not sure which path I'm on. I originally thought I would be siding with Jonathan but he is a blinded and nieve drone! It seems I've been siding with Walter 80% of the time. Anyways I've got to the point where I now have to go back and see what's in Tayama's facility beneath his building!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

443. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@One-Winged-Pit Thanks that helps a bit but I'm not sure which path I'm on. I originally thought I would be siding with Jonathan but he is a blinded and nieve drone! It seems I've been siding with Walter 80% of the time. Anyways I've got to the point where I now have to go back and see what's in Tayama's facility beneath his building!

Told you Jonathon was like that. XD You will probably be like me though and side with Walter but are considered Law. Oh you are only there? A bit misleading so you have like an extra four hours then. And for future note save RIGHT after you fight name of boss spoiler Kenji.

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

444. Posted:

@One-Winged-Pit Once again thanks! I've been spliting time between this AC and M&L DT and its been difficult to get some good time going on this. I will sometimes go days without playing but then get hooked for a good 5 or so hours! I've been hooked though for the last couple of days cus the story is really getting interesting. I've got a bunch of side questing I want to do first though before I go any further!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Rapido

445. Posted:

Anyone knows what the large stone monument in the center of Ginza crossing is for? I know all other stones are the National Defense Divinities and has each of their own mediums. But I can't get the stone monument in Ginza to work.

It's either i'm missing out something or I need to finish the game first (which I already did, but didn't save). I would like to get all possible secrets on my first playthrough before actually finishing the game (lucifer, merkabah).

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

3DS Friend Code: 4210-4394-5877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tuklaw

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

446. Posted:

Rapido wrote:

Anyone knows what the large stone monument in the center of Ginza crossing is for? I know all other stones are the National Defense Divinities and has each of their own mediums. But I can't get the stone monument in Ginza to work.

It's either i'm missing out something or I need to finish the game first (which I already did, but didn't save). I would like to get all possible secrets on my first playthrough before actually finishing the game (lucifer, merkabah).

If you do the neutral playthrough that stone should turn into Masakado.

AuthorMessage

Rapido

447. Posted:

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

Rapido wrote:

Got yah! Here's hoping I got the the time to experiment with the different endings/paths and each of their quest. Only on my first playthrough. One last question buddy, is there a more powerful extra boss than belzeebub? No spoilers pls. just a yes or a no. Belzeebub did not post much challenge, contrary to other SMT games.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

448. Posted:

Rapido wrote:

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

Rapido wrote:

Got yah! Here's hoping I got the the time to experiment with the different endings/paths and each of their quest. Only on my first playthrough. One last question buddy, is there a more powerful extra boss than belzeebub? No spoilers pls. just a yes or a no. Belzeebub did not post much challenge, contrary to other SMT games.

Extra boss? Other than DLC no.

AuthorMessage

Rapido

449. Posted:

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

Rapido wrote:

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

Rapido wrote:

Extra boss? Other than DLC no.

No Stronger Boss? Oh well, It seems they trimmed down the difficulty for this game. Time to download those DLCs

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

450. Posted:

Rapido wrote:

No Stronger Boss? Oh well, It seems they trimmed down the difficulty for this game. Time to download those DLCs

Like I said before, being able to save anywhere, a stock of 24 demons, not losing when the MC dies, and the MC using magic are all nice additions but make the game easier. They probably should have made it harder to level up.

AuthorMessage

MERG

451. Posted:

So i left Shinjuku and am headed to Ikebukuro (sp?) where some demon is kicking my @$$ but I'm starting to think I didn't do all of Shinjuku. I was in the underground terminal area and the national park area. Is there more?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

452. Posted:

MERG wrote:

So i left Shinjuku and am headed to Ikebukuro (sp?) where some demon is kicking my @$$ but I'm starting to think I didn't do all of Shinjuku. I was in the underground terminal area and the national park area. Is there more?

Really depends on where in the game you're at. Shinjuku is rather a big area and there is a couple of blocked off areas in the terminal you need to do a side quest to access one and not sure but I think a side quest for the other as well. As far as getting beat by a demon I didn't have to much trouble with any if I used all my skills to find a weekness. Even demons you think are out of your league are beatable if not to far above your level.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

453. Posted:

Yeah...I'm not sure where I am. I know I tired going up stairs near the terminal and a dude told me I needed to accept a quest before he would let me pass.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Rapido

454. Posted:

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

Rapido wrote:

Like I said before, being able to save anywhere, a stock of 24 demons, not losing when the MC dies, and the MC using magic are all nice additions but make the game easier. They probably should have made it harder to level up.

Either make it hard to level up or eliminate those insane skills like salvation, invitation, etc.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

455. Posted:

Rapido wrote:

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

Rapido wrote:

Either make it hard to level up or eliminate those insane skills like salvation, invitation, etc.

They are NEEDED for the DLC bosses.

AuthorMessage

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

456. Posted:

It's funny reading these posts about how "easy" this game is. I just started playing it (bought it when it launched but have been playing too much New Leaf) and the game is giving me a Clorox enema so far. I'm on the third training quest where I'm supposed to go find some relic on the 2nd level. Bwah, ha, ha, ha. My hunch is I need to do some grinding on the first level first in order to have a hope of coping with the hoards of demons on the 2nd level.

I had absolutely no problem with Xenoblade on the Wii or Fire Emblem Awakening on the 3DS. But I guess those would be classified "extremely easy" games compared to SMT IV. :D

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

457. Posted:

@Zaphod_Beeblebrox Just wait till you get a little further and a good set of demons. Once you figure out the formula of how to do combat it does become much easier. However any battle can be dangerous no matter what level you are if careless!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

458. Posted:

Thanks for the words of encouragement, @Spoony_Tech. In FE:A I always knew what I'd done wrong when one of my party members purchased the farm. I hope that will eventually be the case for me in SMT IV. :)

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

AuthorMessage

Rapido

459. Posted:

It would be wise to start off with elemental attacks rather than strengthening your PHY attacks. Early game bosses and enemies are hard, and going for their elemental weakness should get you to the setup you want later on.

JRPG!! Nuff' Said

AuthorMessage

SphericalCrusher

460. Posted:

I need to get back on this game. I took a small break on this, due to games like Final Fantasy XIV, Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, Disney Infinity, etc... now I need to pick it back up again. I'm pretty far into the game, around level 50ish from grinding. Love it. May play it tonight!

Twitch.tv/SphericalCrusher

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0223-8931 | Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter: th3crush3r