3DS Forum

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Showing 361 to 380 of 611

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

361. Posted:

Yeah I'm not as far you any of you guys but I really want to see where the story goes. Also really love the side quests as they're not just filler quests but are really worth doing. A lot of games tend to be fetch quests like Xenoblade seem to be!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

362. Posted:

Yeah I'm not as far you any of you guys but I really want to see where the story goes. Also really love the side quests as they're not just filler quests but are really worth doing. A lot of games tend to be fetch quests like Xenoblade seem to be!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

swordx

363. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Talking bad about Xenoblade? BLASPHEMYYYYYY!!!!!

lol I'm glad to hear the sidequests are great. While Xenoblade did have some amazing quests, the fetch quests were terrible.

I'm getting this in a few days...I hope it's fun!

swordx

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

364. Posted:

Wow, Tayama's secret was a little creepy. I need to fuse stronger demons, as random battles have been getting harder these last few hours. I'm level 43 now.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

Windy

365. Posted:

I'm picking this up this week. Cant wait looks great!

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

366. Posted:

@Windy You won't regret it. Its a wonderful game and I can't stop thinking about it or playing it!

Level24 now and just side questing for the moment! Don't want this game to ever end!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

MERG

367. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I'm not as far as anybody! In FE:A I am at the final battle but got my @$$ handed to me on a plate. So I'm back to leveling up and relationship building.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Windy

368. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Windy You won't regret it. Its a wonderful game and I can't stop thinking about it or playing it!

Level24 now and just side questing for the moment! Don't want this game to ever end!

Thanks Tech! I'm sure it will be great i'm even thinking of dropping all backlogged games (back too DS) and just playing this. I haven't even opened my copy of Etrian odyssey yet. I have really bogged myself down with games. I bought the Adventures of Tintin this week because I couldnt resist the 4.99 price on Amazon :) In fact I had just opened my Copy of Avalon Code on DS and started playing that this week but will drop that once I start Shin Megami Tensei

Edited on by Windy

wish list: Bravely Default, Mario Golf, Fantasy Life, Dragon Quest VII, Etrian Odyssey Untold, Monster Hunter 4, Star Wars Pinball.
On the Bubble (Might Buy) - RuneFactory 4, Pokemon X and Y
Dream Title- NHL Hockey with online Play

3DS Friend Code: 0877-0511-8391

AuthorMessage

SphericalCrusher

369. Posted:

Can't wait to get off work and hop on this. Got a Vita yesterday and Persona 4 today (finally), so those two are going to clash for me.

SphericalCrusher

Twitter: th3crush3r

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

370. Posted:

@Windy I just couldn't get into Avalon Code. I even gave it a good 10 hours or so. Let me know what you think of it.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

371. Posted:

The Archangel DLC is finally out! I am so going to get that but I will wait until the endgame to resist the urge of fighting them. I will get the Demon Asmodeus armour though. Gives you some nice stat bonuses and looks so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on by One-Winged-Pit

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

372. Posted:

I made the mistake of doing some of the experience quest and fought 4 sets of demons and went up 2 levels. I'm going to stay away from most of the dlc till the end game. I don't want an easy ride to the finish line!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

MERG

373. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I made the mistake of doing some of the experience quest and fought 4 sets of demons and went up 2 levels. I'm going to stay away from most of the dlc till the end game. I don't want an easy ride to the finish line!

@Old-man tech...who are you spoonin'? Why the name change...you're age getting to ya? I finally beat FE:A last night but I don't think I'm ready to stop making my team stronger. But soon I'll be jumping into SMT!!!!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

374. Posted:

@MERG If you don't get the reference in my name I'm not telling you! Its a classic rpg one you should know :-P besides it was never my intension to keep the other name long anyways. I like this one better!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

MERG

375. Posted:

DOH!! Spoony Bard.

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

376. Posted:

I sorta just beat it. I did not think it would be the final boss and I did not save after beating it and I have some unfinished business so I have to beat it yet again and apparently last win was a fluke because he is beating the crap out of me with his cheap moves.
Edit: Beat him again but at the complete waste of a magic mirror, those are rare but whatever I won.

Edited on by One-Winged-Pit

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

377. Posted:

LOL At level 44, I've finally beaten the Hunter Preliminaries quest. God, that was rough. Primarily because every enemy gets a pre-emptive turn against you, and you can't heal in-between battles.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

378. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

LOL At level 44, I've finally beaten the Hunter Preliminaries quest. God, that was rough. Primarily because every enemy gets a pre-emptive turn against you, and you can't heal in-between battles.

I'm lvl 33 and i got to the last round pretty easily, only to be whipped out by his megaton press -_-

Ralizah wrote:

thatguyEZ wrote:

Yea they are, Xi Wangmu is whipping me though -_- I need to either level my demons so I can get some buff skills or do some fusing. Maybe do some side quest for the xp? idkkk any tips?

What level are you at?

You want all of your guys to be equipped with some sort of force spell so you can do decent damage and rack up those press turns.

You know how she takes almost no damage the first turn before the Ring of Gaea pull their kamikaze stunt? Use that turn to sneak in a few buffs as well. Raising your attack and defense are the most important ones to focus on.

Every turn should ideally go like this. First, you smack her with Zan or some other force spell four times in a row from your different demons to get your extra press turns. After that, focus on buffs and/or healing your guys. If it comes to it, defense buffs are more important.

I guess getting a null electric demon will make the fight a lot easier as well, but I had nothing like that. Still, it would probably really gut her offensive strategy if she lost her press turns every time she cast Maziodyne.

ahh that's pretty much been my strategy so far, it's usually her physical attacks that get me. I went and bought some new armor that's resistant to armor and am working on fusing a few of my demons trying to get some more buff skills. I haven't tried fighting her again since my first two attempts, so I could probably take her on at this point. But I guess I'll get in a few more challenge quests first.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage

ferthepoet

379. Posted:

what is this 4 hunter trial, I'm a lvl 52 and don't remember going through that, I'm in the part after you find out what's in Tayama's basement....maybe the game has divergent paths?

ferthepoet

AuthorMessage

MERG

380. Posted:

It sure doesn't take long to die in this game...does it.