3DS Forum

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Showing 341 to 360 of 611

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

341. Posted:

Lol. After about an hour after my last post I said I was going to side with Jonathan and he asked me my first question where I went 100% against him. It was the Hugo question.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

342. Posted:

Did anyone else know that Burroughs and Palutena were voiced by the same person?

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

343. Posted:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Did anyone else know that Burroughs and Palutena were voiced by the same person?

Didn't notice, but I guess it makes sense considering the absolutely high level of the voice work in both games. I want to hear her in more of my games.

I tend to follow Walter more. Jonathan is nice, but a bit naive for my tastes. Way too forgiving, as well. I suppose I'll end up siding with him when I do my law playthrough of the game, though.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

344. Posted:

Kyloctopus wrote:

I think that's awesome but really couldn't tell. One voice is full of human emotion while the other is a computer AI!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

345. Posted:

You apparently get 40 app points when you streetpass someone who plays both this and EOIV!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

346. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

You apparently get 40 app points when you streetpass someone who plays both this and EOIV!

I got one EO IV once. Would love for some more app points! Need streetpass!!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

347. Posted:

I just thought of something. Should I be saving my incense for the third/final playthrough?

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

AuthorMessage

Flynn

348. Posted:

There is a update for SMT4 on the eshop. IDK why, if you want it, its there.

"Hi. I'm not a demon."
—Stephen

Top 5 RPGs I've played:
1.)SMT 4
2.)FE:A
3.)Persona 2
4.)Devil survivor 2
5.)Chrono trigger

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2091-7769 | Nintendo Network ID: Linkmaster1994

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

349. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

woah that's nuts.

I can't for the life of me find Ikebukuro, it's so hard to find anything on the Tokyo over world map when you need too --

downloaded Project X Zone the other day and that and me finally making progress in EOIV has really been sucking away my time lol. and then when I do play this I'm just wondering around the over world looking for a needle in a haystack >.>

nvm i found it

[div.userquote]ferthepoet wrote:

The Golden Gai is in the outside the Sjinjuku station is the area that looks kinda red...... @thatguyez yah Manga o.k. I get it

lolll good I'm glad

@oldman-tech mannn i wish i could message you directly :/

Edited on by thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

350. Posted:

God, that Tayama guy was right in front of me. I wish I could have just summoned my demons and killed him, along with the other scummy crooks that are blackmailing me. -_-

Most of the normal boss fights in this game have been fairly tame. The mission where you're competing against other hunters is still kicking my butt, though. Four battles in a row hurts.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

351. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

God, that Tayama guy was right in front of me. I wish I could have just summoned my demons and killed him, along with the other scummy crooks that are blackmailing me. -_-

Most of the normal boss fights in this game have been fairly tame. The mission where you're competing against other hunters is still kicking my butt, though. Four battles in a row hurts.

Yea they are, Xi Wangmu is whipping me though -_- I need to either level my demons so I can get some buff skills or do some fusing. Maybe do some side quest for the xp? idkkk any tips?

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

352. Posted:

@Ralizah I now see what you mean by the map being hugh. That's an understatment! I feel like I'm going all over the place with no direction. I need to go back to the earlier parts and pick up some quest as I believe I'm too far out of my league. These demons are getting stronger but I'm getting some really nice experience! I'm at level 22 now and counting.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

353. Posted:

thatguyEZ wrote:

Yea they are, Xi Wangmu is whipping me though -_- I need to either level my demons so I can get some buff skills or do some fusing. Maybe do some side quest for the xp? idkkk any tips?

What level are you at?

You want all of your guys to be equipped with some sort of force spell so you can do decent damage and rack up those press turns.

You know how she takes almost no damage the first turn before the Ring of Gaea pull their kamikaze stunt? Use that turn to sneak in a few buffs as well. Raising your attack and defense are the most important ones to focus on.

Every turn should ideally go like this. First, you smack her with Zan or some other force spell four times in a row from your different demons to get your extra press turns. After that, focus on buffs and/or healing your guys. If it comes to it, defense buffs are more important.

I guess getting a null electric demon will make the fight a lot easier as well, but I had nothing like that. Still, it would probably really gut her offensive strategy if she lost her press turns every time she cast Maziodyne.

OldMan-Tech wrote:

@Ralizah I now see what you mean by the map being hugh. That's an understatment! I feel like I'm going all over the place with no direction. I need to go back to the earlier parts and pick up some quest as I believe I'm too far out of my league. These demons are getting stronger but I'm getting some really nice experience! I'm at level 22 now and counting.

The map just keeps getting bigger, too! I'm still discovering enormous new regions. It's a little overwhelming, especially since it isn't a terribly user-friendly map. Of course, finding a new region's terminal makes navigation a million times easier.

I'm around level 35 or so now.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

354. Posted:

Tetrakama and Makarama are your friends, attack in the first turn with your main character so you can get a press turn then cast a barrier in its second turn, have another demon cast the other barrier,

DualWielding

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

355. Posted:

God, I have to pay 50,000 macca to this guy just to be able to continue one of the required main plot quests. 50,000! After having to pay 10,000 macca! This part of the game is going to drive me into poverty!

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

356. Posted:

To who? Charon? Cannot think of any other time I had to pay that much for anything.

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

357. Posted:

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

To who? Charon? Cannot think of any other time I had to pay that much for anything.

No, I refuse to pay Charon. When you're hired to kill the leader of the Ring of Gaea, there's this bizarre ritual you have to undergo. Well, anyhow, to get through part of the ritual, I have to pay 50,000 to one of the doormen.

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

358. Posted:

...I just walked up to him, I paid nothing. I think you got swindled.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

359. Posted:

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

...I just walked up to him, I paid nothing. I think you got swindled.

I'm not talking about the one in Tokyo Station. I mean once you get to their headquarters, and go through this whole long ordeal there.

Although I've given up on that for now and am doing something that involves dragging a candle through a mansion.

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

360. Posted:

So have not finished it yet but I call bollocks that this game has a "weak story" any of the critics that said that I doubt played past the first hour after they failed at getting anywhere.