Forums

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Posts 301 to 320 of 669

MERG

oninowon wrote:

MERG wrote:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

WOW!1. I just had a demon ask me to kill another on my team?!?! That's the first time I've seen that. I'm going to guess he won't join unless she is not there?!?!

Anyways making good progress finally. I'm in the Kiccigiorgi forest at level 12 I believe.

I'm getting jealous. By the time I start you will all be well into it or done.

Well, at least unlike (I suspect) many of us here, you are willing to actually finish a game before starting up a new one. I was all over EO IV (I managed to explore the big dungeon on the 3rd land) before I went all ga-ga over Project X Zone. Not sure how many stages I've completed that one (I've heard there is over 40 stages!) but I put in a good amount of time before SMT IV hit. So, basically, if I don't finish SMT IV before the EO I remake comes along, I'm not sure I'll ever finish. There is also that Pokemon game coming the same month...sigh

With big games like this I won't let myself start a new one without completing the current one (I'm weird like that).

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

oninowon

MERG wrote:

With big games like this I won't let myself start a new one without completing the current one (I'm weird like that).

Well, with an attitude like that, you'll never finish with the constant stream of DLCs, lol!

oninowon

Spoony_Tech

Took me about 6-7 tries to get past the Minotaur. Had to fuse some demons with ice attacks to get anywhere at all on that one. Having fun still and taking my time!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Noboty

So far, every boss battle after Minotaur has been a complete joke. I struggle more (and get more EXP) from NORMAL battlers than I have been in the next 3 or so boss battles I've been in since beating Minotaur.

Noboty

3DS Friend Code: 2793-1469-2823

One-Winged-Pit

SMT4Protag wrote:

I did all the side quest to. Near the end of the game expect a VERY hard quest, It's quite ridiculous. Neutral is very hard to get. I'm playing new game plus now on hard mode. If you run into a wall during your playthrough I'll happily help. Anyone who needs it as well. (Oops well failed quote there )

My biggest question is what should be bought? Should I buy those rounds at the black market or is there a higher level store in the game than the second one/some can be found? Oh and does the armour get better or is all basically just a spectrum of weakness and resistances?

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

Ralizah

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Took me about 6-7 tries to get past the Minotaur. Had to fuse some demons with ice attacks to get anywhere at all on that one. Having fun still and taking my time!

He's the hardest thing in the game so far. I've been surprised by how easy most of the bosses have been so far.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Flynn

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

SMT4Protag wrote:

I did all the side quest to. Near the end of the game expect a VERY hard quest, It's quite ridiculous. Neutral is very hard to get. I'm playing new game plus now on hard mode. If you run into a wall during your playthrough I'll happily help. Anyone who needs it as well. (Oops well failed quote there )

My biggest question is what should be bought? Should I buy those rounds at the black market or is there a higher level store in the game than the second one/some can be found? Oh and does the armour get better or is all basically just a spectrum of weakness and resistances?

The armor gets better in terms of Hp, and amount of resistance (how many things you resist). Also yes there are better stores, but I say buy what you can, sell old stuff. Also look for things everywhere. There is a special place in the game where you get a plasma sword and plasma gun(you need the key cards from shibuya, takada's building). The best armor is in Ginza, but it takes multiple side quest to reach. Also last thing, earrings do many things (accessories) like revive you once in battle, and pants increase Ag.

Edited on by Flynn

"Hi. I'm not a demon."
—Stephen

Top 5 RPGs I've played:
1.)SMT 4
2.)FE:A
3.)Persona 2
4.)Devil survivor 2
5.)Chrono trigger

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2091-7769 | Nintendo Network ID: Linkmaster1994

DualWielding

Confirmed! Isabeaus Manga is Rose of Versailles, so cool to find a reference to my favorite anime in this game

PSN: Fertheseeker

thatguyEZ

ferthepoet wrote:

Confirmed! Isabeaus Manga is Rose of Versailles, so cool to find a reference to my favorite anime in this game

Well it would be referencing the manga not the anime

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

Finally got to Tokyo last night and man its seems hugh. Plus the first shop I hit I didn't have enough money to buy anything. I'm guessing there is a shop that sells stuff for a little bit less then 4000-6500? Either that or I needs more money! The game definitly gets interesting in Tokyo.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Finally got to Tokyo last night and man its seems hugh. Plus the first shop I hit I didn't have enough money to buy anything. I'm guessing there is a shop that sells stuff for a little bit less then 4000-6500? Either that or I needs more money! The game definitly gets interesting in Tokyo.

@Tech...enjoying it? I still haven't gotten into it yet (on Chapter 20 in FE:A). I streetpassed another person playing SMT!

Spoony_Tech

@MERG of course I am. Definitly a different battle system then I'm use to but I think I've finally got the hang of it. Medusa was much easier due to figuring out what to do. No level grinding needed just good stratagy. Also just unlocked streetpass about a good 14 hours in! Ii doubt you want to play that long just to unlock it then put it down to finish FE.

MERG said:

MERG

OldMan-Tech wrote:

@MERG of course I am. Definitly a different battle system then I'm use to but I think I've finally got the hang of it. Medusa was much easier due to figuring out what to do. No level grinding needed just good stratagy. Also just unlocked streetpass about a good 14 hours in! Ii doubt you want to play that long just to unlock it then put it down to finish FE.

14 hours in to unlock streetpass? That seems excessively long. Yeah...I'm not going to play it until I'm through FE. Do you know how long SMT is supposed to be?

Spoony_Tech

One person said he beat it here but I don't think he gave a time. I've heard 40-50 hours but the way I play ie take my time and explore everything it will probably take me closer to 60 hours. I don't want it to end anytime soon!

MERG said:

moomoo

MERG wrote:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

14 hours in to unlock streetpass? That seems excessively long. Yeah...I'm not going to play it until I'm through FE. Do you know how long SMT is supposed to be?

It didn't take me nearly as long to unlock streetpass in the game. I'd think about half the time, maybe a bit less.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Spoony_Tech

@Moomoo Yep. I take my time!

MERG said:

SheldonRandoms

I'm enjoying the game, though Animal Crossing is definitely taking time out of this game for me (I need more bells)

Also, did anyone get there Amazon DLC costume code yet, because I didn't get my code yet

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Spoony_Tech

@SheldonRandoms Animal Crossing is taking a back seat to this for me but I still feel the need to play for half an hour to pull weeds and collet stuff. Its getting in the wat a bit for sure.

I got mine at GameStop. I used that armor for like ever thinking it was the best because it had more hp then the rest. I was checking its weaknesses though of which it had 4 O.o. now I use it only if I need it for a certain boss!

MERG said:

Flynn

OldMan-Tech wrote:

One person said he beat it here but I don't think he gave a time. I've heard 40-50 hours but the way I play ie take my time and explore everything it will probably take me closer to 60 hours. I don't want it to end anytime soon!

Took me 65 hours.

"Hi. I'm not a demon."
—Stephen

Top 5 RPGs I've played:
1.)SMT 4
2.)FE:A
3.)Persona 2
4.)Devil survivor 2
5.)Chrono trigger

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2091-7769 | Nintendo Network ID: Linkmaster1994

SheldonRandoms

I contacted Amazon and they resent the code, such a nice customer service they got there at amazon.

..........and since I have the game in my 3DS right now, i'm gonna continue playing.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic