Forums

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Posts 281 to 300 of 669

Ralizah

OldMan-Tech wrote:

WOW!1. I just had a demon ask me to kill another on my team?!?! That's the first time I've seen that. I'm going to guess he won't join unless she is not there?!?!

Anyways making good progress finally. I'm in the Kiccigiorgi forest at level 12 I believe.

I had a demon ask me that. It was like: yeah, no.

About level 19 now, and have moved on from Ueno to Kasumigaseki.

I like when I do such a thorough job of slaughtering its comrades in a fight that a demon begs me to spare its life. It's a nice change of pace from having to bribe the stupid things to join my team.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

@MERG Sorry man. I didn't mean to get you into that crappy Fire Emblem game! Dude sell it annd get your money back and start playing this!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MERG

I'll jump right on that...as it is a piece of crap!

I'm through Chapter 14 now. I'm just hoping to have this done in the next 2 weeks so I can dive into SMT IV on vacation.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

thatguyEZ

this game has totally sucked the play coins right out of me lol, i used to normally never drop below 290 and by the next day i'd be back up to 300. But now I'm down to 170. ahh time to do some walking. D;

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

Flynn

Hey has any beat the game yet? What ending did you get? Did you like the ending? Pls avoid spoilers for people who didn't beat the game yet. I got the Neutral ending and I loved it.

"Hi. I'm not a demon."
—Stephen

Top 5 RPGs I've played:
1.)SMT 4
2.)FE:A
3.)Persona 2
4.)Devil survivor 2
5.)Chrono trigger

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2091-7769 | Nintendo Network ID: Linkmaster1994

Spoony_Tech

thatguyEZ wrote:

this game has totally sucked the play coins right out of me lol, i used to normally never drop below 290 and by the next day i'd be back up to 300. But now I'm down to 170. ahh time to do some walking. D;

I rather start over or pay then use play coins. I got the plaza games and use them for that!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

thatguyEZ

OldMan-Tech wrote:

thatguyEZ wrote:

I rather start over or pay then use play coins. I got the plaza games and use them for that!

lol yea I feel you on that! have you bought the new ones yet? I'm glad ACNL only takes a max of 4 play coins a day or I'd be in real trouble lol.

Oh and P.S. only 69 more days until Millennium Girl comes out! day one purchase for sure! I really hope they have a limited edition because I'll def be picking that up. IV still occupies the #1 play time spot on my 3DS. I haven't played it in a good while though, I really need to though because I still haven't beaten it yet. ;D

SMT4Protag wrote:

Hey has any beat the game yet? What ending did you get? Did you like the ending? Pls avoid spoilers for people who didn't beat the game yet. I got the Neutral ending and I loved it.

nah i haven't beaten it yet, New Leaf is occuping a lot of my time so my time is split between that and SMT. Plus I'm really taking my time with it and doing all the side quest, collecting demons and getting Macca. But I'm glad you liked it! I'll probably be going for the 'good' or neutral ending this run through.

Edited on by thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ

Ralizah

I'm gunning for the chaos route. How do you get the neutral ending?

Flynn

SMT4Protag wrote:

[/quote=thatguyEZ]nah i haven't beaten it yet, New Leaf is occuping a lot of my time so my time is split between that and SMT. Plus I'm really taking my time with it and doing all the side quest, collecting demons and getting Macca. But I'm glad you liked it! I'll probably be going for the 'good' or neutral ending this run through.

[/quote]

I did all the side quest to. Near the end of the game expect a VERY hard quest, It's quite ridiculous. Neutral is very hard to get. I'm playing new game plus now on hard mode. If you run into a wall during your playthrough I'll happily help. Anyone who needs it as well. (Oops well failed quote there )

Edited on by Flynn

"Hi. I'm not a demon."
—Stephen

Top 5 RPGs I've played:
1.)SMT 4
3.)Persona 2
4.)Devil survivor 2
5.)Chrono trigger

Flynn

Ralizah wrote:

I'm gunning for the chaos route. How do you get the neutral ending?

When you speak to the white for a third time, choose the opposite of what you chose at the first split (to go meet black samurai or kill her) if you choose to go with Johnathan then switch to Walter's. Also I believe you have to be neutral going into the first desicion. To check your alignment talk to the guy (cynical man) in the corner of the hunter association. You know you are neutral for sure if after meeting with the white for a 3rd time you meet Steven.(again)

Edited on by Flynn

"Hi. I'm not a demon."
—Stephen

Top 5 RPGs I've played:
1.)SMT 4
3.)Persona 2
4.)Devil survivor 2
5.)Chrono trigger

Spoony_Tech

@thatguyEZ yeah I bought them and I don't even spend anymore on AC.

Only 69 days?! Crap that's short. I'm also getting Mario and Luigi. There's a game a month for me till the end of the year! Yeah I think AC is just about done.

MERG said:

thatguyEZ

SMT4Protag wrote:

SMT4Protag wrote:

[/quote=thatguyEZ]nah i haven't beaten it yet, New Leaf is occuping a lot of my time so my time is split between that and SMT. Plus I'm really taking my time with it and doing all the side quest, collecting demons and getting Macca. But I'm glad you liked it! I'll probably be going for the 'good' or neutral ending this run through.

I did all the side quest to. Near the end of the game expect a VERY hard quest, It's quite ridiculous. Neutral is very hard to get. I'm playing new game plus now on hard mode. If you run into a wall during your playthrough I'll happily help. Anyone who needs it as well. (Oops well failed quote there )

[/quote]

Ohh i guess I'm just a slow poke then ;D but I'll more than likely be taking you up on that offer. I think I'll more than likely be gunning for the Law ending.

@OldMan-Tech yea i feel you, I'm working on a Super Mario exhibit in the museum so I go to Nook's store daily trying to get Mario items (along with Zelda and Starfox). But yesss I'm so excited for Millennium Girl, I really need to get back on IV though lol. And yea I might get Mario and Luigi, but seeing as Code of Princess just went on sale I think I'm gonna have to get that since I've been meaning to for a while now. And yea it's a busy year to be a 3DS owner and it has destroyed my wallet xD but that's a good thing ;D

thatguyEZ

Spoony_Tech

@thatguyEZ Well I just picked up Code of Princess today as well lol! Now I once again own all Atlus made games on the 3ds!

Would you like to add each other on the 3ds?

MERG said:

thatguyEZ

@OldMan-Tech Yeah I'm 99% sure I have all of them besides Code of Princess lol I absolutely love Atlus and EO IV is what made me really fall in love with them :3 and 20 bucks for a game that I hear is great? sounds like an obvious choice to me

and yea I'd love to, i just added you so just add me and the deed will be done ;D

thatguyEZ

One-Winged-Pit

I think Strange Journey and then Etrian Odyssey IV made me love Atlus. I would get Code of Princess or Unchained Blades but I would rather get the physical game and save the eShop money for SMT IV DLC.

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

Ralizah

I've loved the EO series for years, but never really connected it to Atlus in my mind. Seeing the caliber of their other series as well has definitely made me a fan of Atlus.

@SMT4Protag Thanks. I'm enjoying this so much that I just might replay it a few times to see what other endings I get.

Edited on by Ralizah

DualWielding

anyone has any tips on how to defeat Chernabog, the guys does not seem to have any weakness, I'm level 31, do I need to grind a lot more to be able to defeat him?

PSN: Fertheseeker

Flynn

ferthepoet wrote:

anyone has any tips on how to defeat Chernabog, the guys does not seem to have any weakness, I'm level 31, do I need to grind a lot more to be able to defeat him?

I just forgot his weakness, I would say grind a bit to at least 36 or 40. Also to be safe, have a demon always on heal duty.

"Hi. I'm not a demon."
—Stephen

Top 5 RPGs I've played:
1.)SMT 4
3.)Persona 2
4.)Devil survivor 2
5.)Chrono trigger

oninowon

MERG wrote:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

WOW!1. I just had a demon ask me to kill another on my team?!?! That's the first time I've seen that. I'm going to guess he won't join unless she is not there?!?!

Anyways making good progress finally. I'm in the Kiccigiorgi forest at level 12 I believe.

I'm getting jealous. By the time I start you will all be well into it or done.

Well, at least unlike (I suspect) many of us here, you are willing to actually finish a game before starting up a new one. I was all over EO IV (I managed to explore the big dungeon on the 3rd land) before I went all ga-ga over Project X Zone. Not sure how many stages I've completed that one (I've heard there is over 40 stages!) but I put in a good amount of time before SMT IV hit. So, basically, if I don't finish SMT IV before the EO I remake comes along, I'm not sure I'll ever finish. There is also that Pokemon game coming the same month...sigh

oninowon

oninowon

I wonder if most of the people asking questions about how to defeat a certain boss has the digital download version. If you bought the physical copy, you should have the 1st edition box set which comes with the strategy guide. It gives you their weakness(es) and a few pointers over how to overcome them.

oninowon

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic