3DS Forum

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Showing 241 to 260 of 611

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

241. Posted:

Anybody get to the part where Isabeau is reading the manga? My vote is that the manga is almost definitely Versailles no Bara.

ferthepoet wrote:

for people that are saying you can see weaknesses with y, I have the demon analyze type but it only tells me the level of the demon, not its weakness, can you eventually upgrade it so it shows weaknesses?

After learning the game on easy I became confident enough to change back to normal I still can handle regular demons quite well but some of the challenge bosses give me trouble

Well, you have to defeat that type of demon first. After you defeat one instance of that type of demon, it should tell you what the demon is weak and resistant to.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Marks

242. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

A couple of questions for those further then me which is about everyone.

First is when does streetpass open up and is it an app? Second, is there a way to warp back to town at some point? This climbing back up is getting brutal at times when you take it a bit to far as in lose a couple of demons and have to hurry back to rest.

After taking the quest for searching in the depths of Naraku, at some point you will find Steven and he will give you the Streetpass app. And yes like moomoo said there will be a terminal. (And you can name the Terminal, too! Ha ha. Just saying.)

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thatguyEZ

243. Posted:

lol I named my terminal 'Aquila' soooo original i know. ;D

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DualWielding

244. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Anybody get to the part where Isabeau is reading the manga? My vote is that the manga is almost definitely Versailles no Bara.

That's exactly what I thought, I geeked out because berubara is my favorite anime ever

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

245. Posted:

Thanks for all the responses everybody.

This game is starting to take off for me. I just beat a very familiar boss from Overclocked. Cool thing was I knew right away what his weakness was and it went fairly quickly. Starting to get much stronger as well. Still have a lot of trouble getting money in this game. I hope it gets better!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thatguyEZ

246. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Thanks for all the responses everybody.

This game is starting to take off for me. I just beat a very familiar boss from Overclocked. Cool thing was I knew right away what his weakness was and it went fairly quickly. Starting to get much stronger as well. Still have a lot of trouble getting money in this game. I hope it gets better!

Have you gotten the fundraiser+ app? whenever I'm tight on money I either go relic hunting or just go around fundraising off demons lol

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

247. Posted:

@thatguyEZ Yes I did get that app however I have yet to use it. At least I'm geting back one life potion or something back from these demons! They seem to be taking less from me though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

thatguyEZ

248. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

@thatguyEZ Yes I did get that app however I have yet to use it. At least I'm geting back one life potion or something back from these demons! They seem to be taking less from me though.

Ahh, well the app activates every time you use fundraiser, snagging you a bit more Macca. It's really nifty I don't usually have financial issues anymore thanks in part to it lol. But yeah those demons are brutal! Thank god I have a good supply of life stones. also if you use cheat the third or fourth time it usually works, at least for me cheating will very rarely fail if i time it right. negotiating with demons is almost like a game in itself lol. <33

I actually haven't played it today or yesterday, I downloaded Resident Evil Revelations with that promotion money and it's an awesome game! Even though it came out last year it looks beautiful and the 3D effect works extremely well for it. But today I've been mostly playing animal crossing so i should probably jump on SMT here in a little bit and make some progress!

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

249. Posted:

Dang that's a big file to dl! Even I wouldn't go there lol. It really is a good game though! I remember it was going to be the first 50$ game and then backed off that price. Now SMT IV is the first how ironic!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

One-Winged-Pit

250. Posted:

Curse those Luxorers! Of course they want things to stay the same! They are on top! Casualries of the world, unite!

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

251. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Anybody get to the part where Isabeau is reading the manga? My vote is that the manga is almost definitely Versailles no Bara.

That's exactly what I thought, I geeked out because berubara is my favorite anime ever

One of my favorites too. <3 I'm glad Rightstuf was able to distribute it in the U.S., considering we never got the show.

I'm learning Japanese. I'd love to be able to read the manga, considering I can't find any online translations!

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

252. Posted:

@Ralizah Seeing an old anime in an avatar always makes me smile! <3 I really should get around to watching Rose of Versailles, it looks really interesting. I'm just worried it'll turn out as crazy as Utena...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

253. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Ralizah Seeing an old anime in an avatar always makes me smile! <3 I really should get around to watching Rose of Versailles, it looks really interesting. I'm just worried it'll turn out as crazy as Utena...

Nah, the gender-confused main character, sword-fighting, constant flower symbolism, and lesbian subcurrents are about all Utena took from Versailles no Bara. Also, the sword-fighting etc. makes sense in the context of this show, as opposed to the weird high school setting of Utena. It's a powerful shoujo classic that everyone interested in anime should see.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

254. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Ralizah Seeing an old anime in an avatar always makes me smile! <3 I really should get around to watching Rose of Versailles, it looks really interesting. I'm just worried it'll turn out as crazy as Utena...

Nah, the gender-confused main character, sword-fighting, constant flower symbolism, and lesbian subcurrents are about all Utena took from Versailles no Bara. Also, the sword-fighting etc. makes sense in the context of this show, as opposed to the weird high school setting of Utena. It's a powerful shoujo classic that everyone interested in anime should see.

Glad to hear it. Maybe I';ll get around to it when I'm done with Hunter X Hunter and whatever Mecha I decide to watch.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

255. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Ralizah Seeing an old anime in an avatar always makes me smile! <3 I really should get around to watching Rose of Versailles, it looks really interesting. I'm just worried it'll turn out as crazy as Utena...

Nah, the gender-confused main character, sword-fighting, constant flower symbolism, and lesbian subcurrents are about all Utena took from Versailles no Bara. Also, the sword-fighting etc. makes sense in the context of this show, as opposed to the weird high school setting of Utena. It's a powerful shoujo classic that everyone interested in anime should see.

Glad to hear it. Maybe I';ll get around to it when I'm done with Hunter X Hunter and whatever Mecha I decide to watch.

Have you seen Pacific Rim? That movie is pretty cool. It's like Getter Robo meets Godzilla movies with a whiff of Evangelion thrown in for good measure.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jax

256. Posted:

Well this is my first ever Shin Migami Tensei game ever. I'm about 10 hours into it (12 hours actual play time, took me a while to really figure it out very well) and I have to say, I'm pretty much in love. I've been playing it exclusively for the last few days and, thought I don't get much time to play, I find myself thinking about it a lot. I have a fairly difficult time recruiting the demons but it's not too much of a problem. I just made it past the street pass activation, so I'm pretty stoked for how the game expanded after that. :)

I did not pre-order, I went to Best Buy and just bought it and I'm glad I did, the first run edition is pretty sweet and the mini guide has been quite helpful, thought I only look it up when I really need to. :) Only two bosses so far have given me a problem, one being the Minotaur.

Anyway, so far I'm impressed, like really impressed. I was thinking of getting EOIV but nabbed this instead and I couldn't be happier. The $30 credit only makes it better. :)

Happy gaming friends!

I have no idea what I'm doing.

3DS Friend Code: 1805 3460 4466

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

257. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Ralizah Seeing an old anime in an avatar always makes me smile! <3 I really should get around to watching Rose of Versailles, it looks really interesting. I'm just worried it'll turn out as crazy as Utena...

Nah, the gender-confused main character, sword-fighting, constant flower symbolism, and lesbian subcurrents are about all Utena took from Versailles no Bara. Also, the sword-fighting etc. makes sense in the context of this show, as opposed to the weird high school setting of Utena. It's a powerful shoujo classic that everyone interested in anime should see.

Glad to hear it. Maybe I';ll get around to it when I'm done with Hunter X Hunter and whatever Mecha I decide to watch.

Have you seen Pacific Rim? That movie is pretty cool. It's like Getter Robo meets Godzilla movies with a whiff of Evangelion thrown in for good measure.

I was thinking that movie looked a bit like Eva to me. Was it really that good because it looks like an anime gone live action!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DualWielding

258. Posted:

anyone who likes rose of versailles should try oniisama e as well... back to topic, now I'm trying to play again on normal and the game gets considerably more difficult, trying to do the corpses quest, I take corpses with ease but when a regular demon catch me from the back and attack first I die

PSN: Fertheseeker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

259. Posted:

Does anyone know if this game has more downloadable content on the horizon? I don't want to buy that game-breaking experience point pack, but some extra content packs might be nice.

OldMan-Tech wrote:

I was thinking that movie looked a bit like Eva to me. Was it really that good because it looks like an anime gone live action!

Anything Eva-related is mostly window-dressing. The most uniquely Eva-ish aspect of the whole movie is how the pilots interface with the robots. There seems to be a direct nervous system link, as in Eva, with two pilots, one controlling each hemisphere. Thus, when a jaeger's arm gets ripped off, the pilot controlling that part of the robot's body will scream and clutch at his own arm. Also, there's a definite element of psychodrama because the two pilots have to open their minds to one-another. There's an interesting scene where one of the pilots in unable to cope with one of the memories awakened by this process and almost accidentally causes the robot to destroy her own people.

But this is a summer action movie, first and foremost, so don't expect any of the deep character development, obscure religious references/symbolism, or complex plot associated with that anime. It is, basically, a live-action super robot anime. I loved it, and geeked out through the whole movie, but it's definitely not up there with the director's more richly complex work like Pan's Labyrinth.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Marks

260. Posted:

One-Winged-Pit wrote:

Curse those Luxorers! Of course they want things to stay the same! They are on top! Casualries of the world, unite!

"The Casualries have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. Casualries of all countries, unite!"
Sometimes the symbolism in this game is too obvious but it's still fun.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196