3DS Forum

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Showing 221 to 240 of 611

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

221. Posted:

So I got this game yesterday loving it and am chasing the Black Samurai down (Strange Journey person btw??) and does it get harder? I have not died since the beginning when I did not have three demons in my party and then I restarted to save my trip to Styx. I get that I am a very experienced player but I should be killed occasionally.

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"
3DS Friend Code: 4296-2987-2154

AuthorMessage

moomoo

222. Posted:

@One-Winged-Pit How is that possible?! 0_0 You can't be playing on easy, since you have to die twice to get there... Dang...

You're just really, really, really good at this game. That, or you're really, really, really lucky. The latter is likelier.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

223. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Life is good. 8)

All the time!!

I also want to know how that AotFM is!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

224. Posted:

@moomoo I hadn't died since the beginning either till I hit those two level 10 demons at the beginning of the 3rd level. I'm being very careful.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

225. Posted:

Less than an hour in. Not a big fan of the town navigation with the fuzzy NPC sprites, but the dungeon crawling is excellent. Having a lot of fun with this game so far. Just acquired my third demon and have already obtained a few skills from one of my demons. The conversations make a lot more sense in this than they did in Soul Hackers, and I can generally get a sense of what a demon's personality is like based on his first response to me.

How am I supposed to remember which demons is weak to what? I can't find anything when I target enemies telling me what they're weak to...

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

226. Posted:

@Ralizah Can't say I've had a hard time with their weaknesses. It pretty much sticks in my head right away! I do agree with the npc's though but that's suppose to get better further in the game.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

moomoo

227. Posted:

I actually thought the map system got worse further in the game. That's just me though. It doesn't keep me from loving it, though!

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

228. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

@One-Winged-Pit How is that possible?! 0_0 You can't be playing on easy, since you have to die twice to get there... Dang...

You're just really, really, really good at this game. That, or you're really, really, really lucky. The latter is likelier.

To be fair I do restart sometimes but besides David after the Calamity Hordes it is only when I get swindled by a demon taking so much money and stones but not being recruited.

"You've GOT to be joking! ALL YOU GODS AND ALL YOUR STUPID WARS ARE THE ONES THROWING EVERYTHING OFF BALANCE!!"

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

229. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

Less than an hour in. Not a big fan of the town navigation with the fuzzy NPC sprites, but the dungeon crawling is excellent. Having a lot of fun with this game so far. Just acquired my third demon and have already obtained a few skills from one of my demons. The conversations make a lot more sense in this than they did in Soul Hackers, and I can generally get a sense of what a demon's personality is like based on his first response to me.

How am I supposed to remember which demons is weak to what? I can't find anything when I target enemies telling me what they're weak to...

if you hit y during battle, as long as it isn't the enemies turn, you'll analyze the demons your fighting with it and it show what they're weakness, strength, repel, and null to. glad you're having fun with it! :3

Edited on by thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

230. Posted:

I went to wal-mart today an found the collector's edition for $50 but I didn't get it.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

231. Posted:

thatguyEZ wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

if you hit y during battle, as long as it isn't the enemies turn, you'll analyze the demons your fighting with it and it show what they're weakness, strength, repel, and null to. glad you're having fun with it! :3

Isn't that an app though?

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

232. Posted:

I have that app now, but there's an easier way. If you're going to hit a weakness, the cursor will turn into an exclamation point. If it's going to be blocked/absorbed, there'll be a very clear cursor symbol telling you so. And if the enemy has no reaction to that type of elemental attack, well, it just looks like a cursor.

I just got through the opening quests, and was on my way to rescue Navarre, when I ran into a group of level 10 demons. Looks like I'll be doing some grinding and fusing for a while...

Burroughs is a cool A.I. partner, I have to say. She's very peppy.

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

233. Posted:

@Ralizah That's exactly where I'm at. Almost ready to take them on. I just wish they didn't get the first attack.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

Marks

234. Posted:

Right now I'm searching in the depths of Naraku. My gang and I looked at the city "illuminated like stars".
I guess I'm the only one who actually likes the menu-based towns? I find it so convenient.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

One-Winged-Pit

235. Posted:

Marks wrote:

Right now I'm searching in the depths of Naraku. My gang and I looked at the city "illuminated like stars".
I guess I'm the only one who actually likes the menu-based towns? I find it so convenient.

About where I am. Yes I think menu-based towns are very quick to use compared to looking around houses. They just take some time to get used to for a game and when you do get used to it you have to use it often to make it worth it.

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

236. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

thatguyEZ wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

Isn't that an app though?

ohh yup you're right. i totally forgot that is was a an lol. D;

I'm so deep in Naraku I was really starting to get worried about how I was even gonna get back. then I stumbled on the first Terminal Room and thank goddd for that! xD

Edited on by thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

237. Posted:

A couple of questions for those further then me which is about everyone.

First is when does streetpass open up and is it an app? Second, is there a way to warp back to town at some point? This climbing back up is getting brutal at times when you take it a bit to far as in lose a couple of demons and have to hurry back to rest.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Network ID SpoonyTech

AuthorMessage

moomoo

238. Posted:

@OldMan-Tech I got streetpass at around level 14-15. I can't remember where that was story-wise, sorry. Yes, it is an app. And yes, as soon as you access the first terminal, you'll be able to warp back to town.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

239. Posted:

Well, just rescued Navarre's unworthy behind. The boss demon was strong, but I beat her in one go. Really liking this game so far!

EDIT: Just got over 100 experience points for eating breakfast. Talk about an easy quest!

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

240. Posted:

for people that are saying you can see weaknesses with y, I have the demon analyze type but it only tells me the level of the demon, not its weakness, can you eventually upgrade it so it shows weaknesses?

After learning the game on easy I became confident enough to change back to normal I still can handle regular demons quite well but some of the challenge bosses give me trouble

DualWielding