3DS Forum

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Showing 201 to 220 of 611

AuthorMessage

Kyloctopus

201. Posted:

I really like the game. I guess I'm going to buy Devil Survivor after I'm done this.

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage

DualWielding

202. Posted:

O.k I'm new to this series, after dying too many times on normal I gave up and switched to easy and now I can take regular demons with ease and defeat bosses while barely escaping with my life.... now I would like to ask some advice from people who know how this series work....

Do demons evolve? One of my demons, a gremling, said he was close to transform but I forgot and fused it, so I dunno if that was mistake. I been fusing demons as soon as they cannot learn any new skills. Is there any benefit on keeping Demons after they cannot pass any more skills to the main character or am i doing the right thing by fusing them once they cannot learn any more skills?

DualWielding

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

203. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

O.k I'm new to this series, after dying too many times on normal I gave up and switched to easy and now I can take regular demons with ease and defeat bosses while barely escaping with my life.... now I would like to ask some advice from people who know how this series work....

Do demons evolve? One of my demons, a gremling, said he was close to transform but I forgot and fused it, so I dunno if that was mistake. I been fusing demons as soon as they cannot learn any new skills. Is there any benefit on keeping Demons after they cannot pass any more skills to the main character or am i doing the right thing by fusing them once they cannot learn any more skills?

Certain demons can evolve in this game so yes your gremlin would have evolved. But i wouldn't really think of it as a mistake, i haven't had any of my demons evolve thus far and I'm pretty far playing on normal so it's not like it's going to hold you back or anything. i'll usually keep my demons around even after they can't learn new skill because they're either important members of my party or i want to hold onto them to fuse later, but it all just depends on the specific demon. But it's really not about doing the 'right' or 'wrong' thing it all just depends on your play style, so as long as you're having fun i'd say it's all good. ;3

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage

MERG

204. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

I'm going to be the better man and end this @MERG you probably should at least play till you open streetpass then go back to FE. That's what I did with Soul Hackers and I actually did get a pass for that! Can't yet tell you when streetpass is unlocked yet though.

Sorry if I offended you Tech.

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

205. Posted:

@MERG Lol. You can't say anything to offen me! Take my advise though and play till streetpass opens up. You might miss another pass and never get another again!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

206. Posted:

Phew...i was a little nervous there.

I think I'll do that (if I'm not mistaken my copy should be delivered today). How far in before streetpass is unlocked?

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

207. Posted:

Like I said in my above comment I haven't unlocked it yet. Your eyesight must be going! ;-)

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

208. Posted:

Well, I do wear progressive (bi-focal) glasses and have a constant floater in the middle of my left eye. Some aspects of aging suck!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

209. Posted:

@MERG Don't worry I got you beat. I wear hearing aids since I was a child. Also had a reaccuring scratch on my right eye and somethings going on with my left eye atm. My vision has taken a 25-40% hit. I'm still enjoying life though!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

210. Posted:

@Tech...wow, I don't feel so bad now.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

211. Posted:

Hah, guess I don't mind that lazy eye of mine too much now!

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

slidecage

212. Posted:

ferthepoet wrote:

i fuse them as soon as i level up to get new demons ... if you play on normal your going to have one hell of a hard time at the start of this game... your going to have to GRIND GRIND GRIND.... going down into the 3rd level right now and i cant even get close to killing it (im at level 8 i think demon is level 10) so need to grind 2 more levels

slidecage

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

213. Posted:

Oh meant to say left eye up above. So that covers both eyes.

Glad I could make some people here feel better about themselves! :-P

@Ralizah My wife has a lazy eye and she can't see 3d. How about you?

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

214. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Oh meant to say left eye up above. So that covers both eyes.

Glad I could make some people here feel better about themselves! :-P

@Ralizah My wife has a lazy eye and she can't see 3d. How about you?

Doesn't seem to affect my ability to see 3D. The annoying thing, of course, is constantly having people asking me why my eyes are looking in two entirely different directions. It'll kind of slide over to the side of my head without my even realizing it.

Also, I'm darn near blind without my glasses. Been that way since I was fairly young, too.

AuthorMessage

MERG

215. Posted:

@Tech @Ralizah...gamers with eye issues...that makes sense!!

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

216. Posted:

MERG wrote:

@Tech @Ralizah...gamers with eye issues...that makes sense!!

Have also done a TON of reading in my short life. And other heavy readers I've met tend to wear glasses as well.

Only thing I don't like about glasses is that losing them, even for a short period of time, feels like you've misplaced a limb or something. It's really disabling.

Oh well, I didn't want to be a jet pilot anyway! :p

Edited on by Ralizah

AuthorMessage

oninowon

217. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Does anyone have a clue why there is an update in the eshop for this?!

It was probably for allowing the game to work properly when the 3DS received anti-piracy update.

oninowon

AuthorMessage

oninowon

218. Posted:

Kyloctopus wrote:

I really like the game. I guess I'm going to buy Devil Survivor after I'm done this.

Just be aware that Devil Survivor is somewhat of an oddball since it foregoes the usual 1st person perspective in favor of grid based combat stages and static location images. I'm not saying it was bad, just different. The story was pretty awesome!

oninowon

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

219. Posted:

oninowon wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

Just be aware that Devil Survivor is somewhat of an oddball since it foregoes the usual 1st person perspective in favor of grid based combat stages and static location images. I'm not saying it was bad, just different. The story was pretty awesome!

I wouldn't call it an odd ball. Its one of my favorite games ever. Excellent story and really good voice acting on the 3ds version!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

220. Posted:

Heck yeah, just got the game in the mail today! Already took care of my $30 credit and got Attack of the Friday Monsters. Life is good. 8)