3DS Forum

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Showing 181 to 200 of 611

AuthorMessage

MERG

181. Posted:

@Old-geezer Tech...have you started yet? What are your thoughts? What mode are you playing on?

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

182. Posted:

@Older_Geezer I'm enjoying it but only about 2+ hours in. I'm just past the 3rd training misson. I've died about 4 times but its a bit easier now with a full team. This game expects you to die and die often so be prepared. Can wait till it opens up and allows me free movement around town!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

183. Posted:

@not-that-much-younger-than-me-geezer...cool, I haven't gotten it yet and am still playing FE:A but I am soooo looking forward to it. And, yeas, I am prepared to die...often.

Are there different modes...casual, normal, hard?

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

184. Posted:

@You_Still_Are_Closer_To_One_Foot_In_The_Grave_Then_Me Yeah after you die twice it then allows you to switch to easy mode but I refuse to ever do that! Not happening man!! This game is going to be good fun but stick to Fire Embelm as its also good fun!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

185. Posted:

@crawling_to_the_grave_close_behind I will definitely stick with it and hopefully be done before vacation so I can focus on SMT. And I'm not given into and easier mode either.

AuthorMessage

oninowon

186. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

Ugh, I give up. RPGs are already unfamiliar ground to me, but this just throws what little I know straight out the window. Hopefully I'll be able to sell it and at least get my money back. It isn't a bad game don't get me wrong, it's just not for me.

I commend you for giving it a good try. When you are up to it, try more simpler rpgs. SMT is a difficult rpg especially for those who are new to rpgs. I forgot to mention in my last post about striking the demons before they move close towards you and force an encounter. This would have given you a leg up, allowing you to strike first and reducing their starting life points before the battle starts.

Were the strategy guide not helpful? I did not look too deeply into the book because of spoilers. I just used it to look up demon stats I've encountered.

Someone suggested Etrian Oddyssey. I would seriously hold off on that series and go for something simpler like Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest VII is coming out for the 3DS so take a look! It is a remake of the PS2 title. If you don't mind picking up DS games, I recommend Dragon Quest V which I think is the best of the series.

oninowon

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

187. Posted:

woah this thread has blown up since my last post. But yeah i think i died like 5 times during the training missions and trying to scout my first few demons was awful lol. but once you get the ball rolling with a full team and get your first few fusions in and can actually take losing some stuff to the demons when you're trying to scout them it def is a lot easier. It just takes a minute to break it in I think.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

188. Posted:

oninowon wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Ugh, I give up. RPGs are already unfamiliar ground to me, but this just throws what little I know straight out the window. Hopefully I'll be able to sell it and at least get my money back. It isn't a bad game don't get me wrong, it's just not for me.

I commend you for giving it a good try. When you are up to it, try more simpler rpgs. SMT is a difficult rpg especially for those who are new to rpgs. I forgot to mention in my last post about striking the demons before they move close towards you and force an encounter. This would have given you a leg up, allowing you to strike first and reducing their starting life points before the battle starts.

Were the strategy guide not helpful? I did not look too deeply into the book because of spoilers. I just used it to look up demon stats I've encountered.

Someone suggested Etrian Oddyssey. I would seriously hold off on that series and go for something simpler like Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest VII is coming out for the 3DS so take a look! It is a remake of the PS2 title. If you don't mind picking up DS games, I recommend Dragon Quest V which I think is the best of the series.

I have managed to get an extra strike before battles, but it still didn't really help at all.

In any case I'm pretty much covered on the RPG front for now. I've got Fire Emblem: Awakening and Xenoblade (Lord only knows when I'll finish that!), and I do well playing them, so it's all good.

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

189. Posted:

p.s. saving periodically is you're best friend~

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

190. Posted:

I just encountered some really hard demons both level 10. Looks like its time to fuse some demons!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Marks

191. Posted:

So I've played a few hours of the game. I've got to say I love it, despite some groan-inducing moments (the fluttering eyelids, Navarre, etc.)
I found the game to be quite easy if you have four demons. Less, and it's easy to get killed.
But I have a question, is it possible to recruit more of the same demon? I can't seem to. They always leave...

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

192. Posted:

Does anyone have a clue why there is an update in the eshop for this?!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

MERG

193. Posted:

@old-fart-tech...I actually streetpassed someone playing this!

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

194. Posted:

I'm going to be the better man and end this @MERG you probably should at least play till you open streetpass then go back to FE. That's what I did with Soul Hackers and I actually did get a pass for that! Can't yet tell you when streetpass is unlocked yet though.

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

195. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

Does anyone have a clue why there is an update in the eshop for this?!

no idea, maybe to fix some launch day bugs possibly? i've only run into one that i've noticed so far. it happened when i had encountered a Chagrin and was trying to scout it and i got a error message saying something along the lines of the game had encountered an error and had to restart and my 3DS automatically restarted. this had happened during the quest when you're trying to find Navarre. but that was the only time it had happened and it hasn't happened since. so maybe but once again i dont really know lol.

About to go up against the boss demon on the 5th level of Naraku. Wish me luck! ;D

thatguyEZ

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

196. Posted:

My amazon copy of the game is supposed to arrive around Monday, and when it arrives in the mail, this will be me.
Untitled

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

197. Posted:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

My amazon copy of the game is supposed to arrive around Monday, and when it arrives in the mail, this will be me.
Untitled

That was my projected delivery date as well, but according to the package tracker it is already in my town so I can't imagine why it wouldn't arrive tomorrow.

Can't wait! I already have Shantae and hopefully by tomorrow night will also own SMTIV and Attack of the Friday Monsters. Eehehehehehehehehe.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

198. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

That was my projected delivery date as well, but according to the package tracker it is already in my town so I can't imagine why it wouldn't arrive tomorrow.

Can't wait! I already have Shantae and hopefully by tomorrow night will also own SMTIV and Attack of the Friday Monsters. Eehehehehehehehehe.

lol that feeling where you know you could just drive to go pick it up cuz it's so close at this point but at the same time you can't D;

well that battle did not go the way i would have liked it to. looks like it's demon fusion and grind time! he was weak against ice attacks so i thought i would have schooled him and my Fortuna knows Tarukaja to boost my attack strength. but oh no, he wasn't having any of that ._.

Edited on by thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ

AuthorMessage

moomoo

199. Posted:

The coolest thing happened! I was talking to a demon, and he asked me for stuff (they always want my stuff). I decided to refuse his every request, and guess what? He joined me! He said I was the master at saying no.

I love this game.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

200. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

The coolest thing happened! I was talking to a demon, and he asked me for stuff (they always want my stuff). I decided to refuse his every request, and guess what? He joined me! He said I was the master at saying no.

I love this game.

lol i never would have thought that'd happen! i'll usually just try and cheat them as a last ditch effort unless they want something that i really can't spare then i'll say no. ahh i love it too it just keeps surprising you!

Just fused to get Jack Frost, stringing together fusions and ending up with an awesome demon is one of the most rewarding feelings ever! <33

Edited on by thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ