3DS Forum

Topic: Shin Megami Tensei IV

Showing 121 to 140 of 611

AuthorMessage

Flynn

121. Posted:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/shin-megami-tensei-iv

Here are the reviews so far if anyone wants to know...

"Hi. I'm not a demon."
—Stephen

Top 5 RPGs I've played:
1.)SMT 4
2.)FE:A
3.)Persona 2
4.)Devil survivor 2
5.)Chrono trigger

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2091-7769 | Nintendo Network ID: Linkmaster1994

AuthorMessage

Chris720

122. Posted:

From every explanation of the game I've read so far, I think I might just buy this. It's nice to know there's an RPG out there that isn't an utter grind fest. And I'm guessing as you play you get the hang of it and know what to use, when and how as you go along?

I'll have to just keep an eye on this game since I've never played SMT before...

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

123. Posted:

So, when I heard about the promotion Nintendo is doing when you register Fire Emblem and SMT4 and get 30$ eShop credit for free, I decided to do some research on the game (since I already had Fire Emblem, it would be stupid not to see if I might be interested in SMT4 since I'm basically getting it for over 50% off the retail price). The reviews looked great, and from videos and articles about it, I determined that it would be a game that I would probably enjoy. I noticed that it was listed at a price of 50$, which shocked me a bit, and then I saw something about getting a strategy guide and CD or something, which I suppose would make up for it.

This is where I became confused, and if somebody could clear things up, it'd be greatly, greatly appreciated.

I read something about the first print having this. And I'm going on vacation, so pre-ordering is not a possibility. If I stopped by any random Gamestop on the 16th (on the road, since I'll be driving to Florida with my family), would I be able to buy the game, and would it come with the strategy guide and all of the other bonus stuff? Can I only get it with the bonus stuff at stores like Gamestop, or would I be able to pick it up at a Walmart or something? And how many games will have the bonus stuff? Only for the first day, or will all of them have it? Or do you HAVE to pre-order it to get the strategy guide and CD and stuff? I'm sorry for all of the questions, I'm just really confused and I'm not sure what to do... And if I can't get the game at a random Gamestop with no pre-order, is there any way of getting it with the strategy guide and other stuff? Perhaps through Amazon? I've never used Amazon before, if I'm on vacation for two weeks, will I still get my package or whatever when I come back (I've never ordered any package online, to be honest, I'm not sure how the postal service works other than the basics, which is embarrassing but... I'll figure it out eventually)?

I should say, though, that I'd REALLY like a new game to pass the time DURING my trip, and SMT4 seems like the best bet. To be honest, I'm not sure I can spend multiple 8+ hour car rides playing only Animal Crossing (not that I won't have books and the like) since I've played upwards of 60 hours already and continually grinding for bells doesn't hold the same allure that it used to hold. I've got the two Oracle Zelda games, but I have a feeling that I'll be finished at least one within the first two days or so, and once again, I'm not sure that they'll hold my attention the same way that a huge JRPG like SMT4 would. So, evidently, it would be more than preferable to be able to buy SMT4 on the first day it is released instead of waiting to get it when I get home.

Any information to answer my queries are more than appreciated. Thank you for reading my mess of a post.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

124. Posted:

@Captain_Balko all the first prints come with everything no matter where you buy it. As for where I'm not sure but it shouldn't be too hard to find a copy on launch day! Good luck on finding it and I hope you get a copy! Maybe you should try to call ahead to a gamestop in the area you are going and that might also help!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

125. Posted:

OldMan-Tech wrote:

@Captain_Balko all the first prints come with everything no matter where you buy it. As for where I'm not sure but it shouldn't be too hard to find a copy on launch day! Good luck on finding it and I hope you get a copy! Maybe you should try to call ahead to a gamestop in the area you are going and that might also help!

Thank you for clearing that up! Unfortunately, I'm not sure what route we're taking or how far we'll be by the 16th, so I can't call ahead, but I'll hopefully be able to find a store that sells them.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

scrubbyscum999

126. Posted:

I basically paid for the game already. Mainly getting it to play later plus it's a popular series. It's a JRPG and comes with collectible goodies I missed with Project X Zone. I'm just basically diving in randomly in this game since I wanted to get Devil Survivor Overclocked eventually anyway. I have to admit the hairstyles for the characters look, funny.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445
Steam:scrubbyscum999

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5661-0445 | Twitter: @scrubbyscum999

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

127. Posted:

I have never used this phrase in my life. I think its time......My body is soooooo ready!!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

128. Posted:

I noticed that Soul Hackers is on sale on the eShop for 30$. I think that you can buy it for the same price retail, but still, that's pretty good. Now I'll be needing some advice...

Should I wait for SMT4 to come out in literally 3 days, or should I buy Soul Hackers to whet my appetite? I mean, I'm sure that SMT4 will keep my occupied for a month at the very least. Would it be wise to buy Soul Hackers now and potentially have 2 JRPGs that I would have to complete? I WOULD have it for a long day of driving on vacation, specifically the day before SMT4 comes out which will likely be a solid 8-9 hours in the car. On the other hand, I figure it will be overshadowed by SMT4 immediately, plus it burns the 30$ that registering SMT4 and Fire Emblem would have made me (back to square one, in a sense, I suppose). Also, I've never played a SMT game before, and although my research strongly suggests I will greatly enjoy them (since I love JRPGs and the idea of collecting a team of demons, and especially fusing them together) I could possibly be wrong, and, for some reason that I have overlooked, dislike them (I doubt it, but I suppose stranger things have happened). Then I've just wasted 30$ for no reason, as apposed to the 20$ I'd pay for SMT4 (since I'm getting 30$ back for registering it with Fire Emblem which I already own). Also, I literally just put money on my 3DS for Streetpass DLC maybe an hour ago, my parents will be annoyed to say the least if I tell them I'm putting even more money on my 3DS through my dad's credit card. Not sure how they'll react, but will probably get upset at me.

Advice on the matter? It's only on sale until tomorrow, so I should probably make my decision quickly.

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

Marks

129. Posted:

Captain_Balko wrote:

Should I wait for SMT4 to come out in literally 3 days, or should I buy Soul Hackers to whet my appetite? I mean, I'm sure that SMT4 will keep my occupied for a month at the very least. Would it be wise to buy Soul Hackers now and potentially have 2 JRPGs that I would have to complete?
Advice on the matter? It's only on sale until tomorrow, so I should probably make my decision quickly.

The thing is, Soul Hackers is very different from Shin Megami Tensei IV. Yes, it's a great JRPG, but it has some elements that might put some gamers off. The reviews at Amazon can give a better outlook of the game.
Personally, I don't think you should buy it. Just wait for the release of SMT IV, and save up your money (or the money of your father's credit card, whatever) for something else.

Edited on by Marks

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

130. Posted:

@Captain_Balko I agree with Marks. Save your money. Its good but a little dated. Definitly look into it one day.

However have you played EO4 yet? The demo lasted me about 10 hours and my total play time is over 140 hours. Great game!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

131. Posted:

I haven't read the reviews yet lol I wanna be totally clueless about whats going to happen. I mean i've got the background down from the other games but yea. I saw a video on youtube of the first 30 minutes of it and was really tempted to watch it, but i'm not gonna do that to myself. lol ahh i'm tooo excited, only 3 days and 6 hours and i'll be walking out of gamestop with that sexy slip case in my hands. ;D

OldMan-Tech wrote:

@Captain_Balko I agree with Marks. Save your money. Its good but a little dated. Definitly look into it one day.

However have you played EO4 yet? The demo lasted me about 10 hours and my total play time is over 140 hours. Great game!

Awesome game, I've only got 96 hours in it so far and still haven't beaten it. Definitely a game I think every RPG/JRPG fan should experience.

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage

SphericalCrusher

132. Posted:

Finished paying mine off at GameStop on lunch earlier today. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!

SphericalCrusher

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0223-8931 | Nintendo Network ID: SphericalCrusher | Twitter: th3crush3r

AuthorMessage

thatguyEZ

133. Posted:

picked it up a little bit ago, i'm not that far still doing my training exercises but i'm loooovin it! <333

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter: theinfamousdjez

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

134. Posted:

@thatguyEZ Did you register it on club Nintendo yet and if so did it give you your eshop credit yet. I pick up my copy tomorrow!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

135. Posted:

Hopefully my copy will arrive in the mail with the Amazon preorder bonus, can't wait.

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

Marks

136. Posted:

I'm so happy, I didn't know I would get it today in the mail! I can't wait to look at the art / strategy book. :)

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

moomoo

137. Posted:

Man, this game is really clicking with me! I'm having a fantastic time with it. And that $30 I got for just buying it (considering I planned on buying it anyway) makes it all the better.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

138. Posted:

I will probably pick up this game this weekend when I get paid. I can't wait to check it out. How is everyone enjoying it so far?

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

139. Posted:

God, I died so many times just trying to get that stupid Fairy demon. I knew I should've brought more healing Waters...I can't believe I had to turn down the difficulty just to make it through the tutorial...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

140. Posted:

@CanisWolfred Ok so its hard but how do you like it? Also what difficulty did you have it on?

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech