oh okay thank you @VincentV

3DS Friend Code: 3582-8462-4664
3DS games:
-Mario Kart 7
-Kid Icarus
-Resident Evil

3DS Friend Code: 3582-8462-4664 | Nintendo Network ID: the_dude57

Etopen

Excuse me, is there any update on the subject?
Could anyone confirm if the streetpass is only blocked with people you hit in the day the battery was removed?

Etopen

Gold_Ranger

I'm curious as well.
Also, i wonder if this is fixed in the new 3DS XL

Gold_Ranger

TheDreamingHawk

My date and everything reset when I sent my 3DS in feburary, and I sill goy streetpasses. I think it was fixed in newer updates.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

3DS Friend Code: 4725-7951-6337 | Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

Gold_Ranger

Wait, is it previous streetpassed people no longer get new hits or no streetpasses ever?

Gold_Ranger

TysonOfTime

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

My date and everything reset when I sent my 3DS in feburary, and I sill goy streetpasses. I think it was fixed in newer updates.

Well, that's because Nintendo handled it directly. Well, assuming you meant 'sent in my 3DS'.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

SBOY

It wasn't fix when Canada/USA change to summer hour because I change it and had to change the day back from 1 day (I choose a pretty strange time to change it) and I had a few problem with Streetpass and Nintendog because of that...

Sorry if my english isn't good... At least I try :-)

Twitter:

Darren1986

Hey, its been a fair while since anyone posted in this thread, but I was hoping for some closure. Did Nintendo ever fix this? I haven't experienced the issue personally, but a good friend of mine did. It would be nice to know for reference!

Darren1986

Twitter:

SkywardLink98

theblackdragon wrote:

You also won't get StreetPass hits if a system is connected to the internet.

You actually can. I'll leave my system plugged into it's charger at night while connected to the internet and my and my siblings will streetpass.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

shinesprite

@ImDiggerDan & @All Just posting to ask if the above circumstances are still an issue.

Lately, my L and R buttons have been giving me trouble and, with Aero Porter about to surface from my backlog, It needs to be dealt with. I've tried the blowing method for the last 6-8 months, but now I need to take more drastic action. Like may early adopters, I'm well beyond my 90-day warranty, so I really have nothing holding me back from popping open the system and searching for deposits of pocket lint.

Anyway, I just thought I'd ask before I open up the system and disconnect the battery, I wouldn't want to risk loosing my StreetPass data and other info on the system's internal memory.

Edited on by shinesprite

shinesprite

shinesprite

Just thought I'd follow up and say that I've now tested for the bug myself.

Following iFixit's Left and Right sholder button guides, I took apart my system and left the button ends of the ribbon cables to soak in isopropyl alcohol for a few hours. They're still not like new, but at-least they now function well enough with games which do not use them intensively. I may take it apart again and try for better results, but we'll see.

Anyway, when I rebooted the system, plaza was out of order, (met via invitation/SpPass and then StreetPass), but at least all the Miis I had previously StreetPassed showed up! Since then, I have StreetPassed both a friend and someone new, so it appears that system update may have fixed this (running Ver. 6.1.0-11U). According to Nintendo's Tech Support Froum, this issue has been fixed since Ver 2.0.

I hope this helps put some minds at ease!

shinesprite

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.