Forums

Topic: Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson

Posts 161 to 175 of 175

Ralizah

It's amazing how stable the framerate is in this game compared to the original. I enjoyed Burst, but I don't know that I could go back to it now.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Iggly

Ralizah wrote:

It's amazing how stable the framerate is in this game compared to the original. I enjoyed Burst, but I don't know that I could go back to it now.

Yep, the improved framerate makes the game much more enjoyable. Though I can probably see myself occasionally play Burst just to do some crazy amount of hits like 1000 lol. Overall this game is a huge improvement from Burst.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Ralizah

The framerate is pretty stable in 3D, too. I'm several hours into the game, and I only recall two parts of the game that lagged at all in full 3D.

It's too bad most of the levels are so short, but I adore the amount of depth the environments have now. It keeps taking me a lot longer than I expect to finally hit the invisible walls in more open areas.

I think I'll stick with Shinovi Versus for my crazy combos and such. That game is still a lot of fun. I really like the changes made for this new battle system, though.

And I'll just say it: this is a REALLY good looking game. Clean character models, lightning fast combat, solid framerate, and some detailed environments make this game a total looker.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

@Barbiegurl777: So far, the game is very story-oriented, with much less filler and more condensed level design. From what I hear, it has more post-game content.

Ralizah

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

@Ralizah,

Not to sound dumb but what does Post Game Content mean? I tried google searching it & didn't get anywhere. You mean like DLC or bonus content?

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Stuff you can do after completing the story.

Ralizah

So, apparently this is the Smash Bros. Melee of the SK franchise in terms of the speed and technical nature of the combat.

Mindless button masher indeed...

Edited on by Ralizah

Iggly

I wonder if Burst would be considered the Super Smash Bros. Brawl of the series. The combo in that video was pretty insane, I doubt I'd be able to do combos like that anytime soon lol.

Ralizah

I need to hurry up and beat this before the breast expansion DLC drops.

Kaze_Memaryu

Okay, it's about time this thread got revived!

So, matters first: a quick rundown of the DLC packs. Whether they're worth the 4.99 each is up to you, I'll just condense roughly what they offer.

• DLC Character Murasame: One. Single. Character. That's literally it. Murasame has no separate challenges, story chapters, or even outfit pieces, except for his briefs to adapt as an underwear design for the girls. Pretty disappointing, especially since Murasame isn't really that fun to use, either. I'd suggest you don't bother with him unless you have a Senran Kagura BURST save file on your SD Card to unlock him for free (you won't get a notification, though, he'll simply show up in the character selection).
  • Waist-Deep: A 5-chapter sidestory following after the main story that involves Mirai's self-consciousness regarding her childlike appearance, as well as a Deus Ex Machina to serve as the main plot device. The story itself is entertaining enough, but don't expect the same level of writing genius as the main story. This DLC story unlocks a handful of new clothing pieces and accessories, which is neat. But the big thing is that it (technically) unlocks 11 new fighters! None of them hold any distinct depth, but they're really entertaining, and also kinda broken when you know how to handle them.
  • Hipster: Basically, you get a horizontal shooter, and a few new clothing pieces and accessories, but that's about it already. The story here is somewhat dumber than Waist-Deep, and it has no canonical involvement whatsoever, but what really sucks is that the horizontal shooter itself isn't good. The characters move very slowly, attacks are way too weak for later stages, and the "powerups" (which cannot be upgraded) are barely more helpful. Add to that the sloppy hitboxes, and the whole thing feels kinda unfinished.
  • Busticated: This DLC unlocks another 5-chapter story and another set of clothes and accessories, but it has a somewhat unusual surprise beyond that, which I'll get to in a moment. The story has (once again) Mirai's self-consciousness escalating, but this time, Asuka is a very active part of it, as well. The story isn't deep, and it's also more irritating than entertaining at times, but it's a slightly more challenging one in terms of combat. After finishing all 5 chapters, you unlock teo new features: customizing bust sizes for all characters (not with a slider, but with size options), as well as the weird inclusion of a butt jiggle option. Yeah, I don't get it, either.

Now, before I end this, a quick note: each of these DLC packs requires at least 1.000 blocks of space on your SD Card (except Murasame), so you might want to make some space before downloading them. Also, having all DLC packs will increase loading times for charscter selection, Mission screen, character customization, and the main HUB. Not always to a frustrating degree, but it's a bit annoying at times.

Edited on by Kaze_Memaryu

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Iggly

When does the DLC packs release anyways? I kinda forgot about them since I haven't seen any articles about them releasing either here or at Siliconera.

Kaze_Memaryu

@Iggly They've been out since October. You can't get them via eShop, though. Instead, you go to the [Missions] option, and then to [Mission Shop]. There, you can get the stuff.

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

Iggly

Oh okay, that probably explains why I haven't seen the DLC yet as the last time I played this was around the last week of September lol.

Joeynator3000

Still need to get this at some point....dunno if it'll be this or Steam next, though. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ralizah

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

After finishing all 5 chapters, you unlock teo new features: customizing bust sizes for all characters (not with a slider, but with size options), as well as the weird inclusion of a butt jiggle option. Yeah, I don't get it, either.

What's not to get? It probably has the same appeal as the jiggling breasts for some people. I thought the bust options were just for the dressing room, though?

I'm enjoying the DLC thus far. Murasame isn't worth the price, but for free, he is an entertaining character who is actually pretty strong as a fighter.

Waist-Deep is adorable with its little Nendoroid fighters running around. I think skipping the transformation sequences on them was a missed opportunity for a good laugh, though.

Hipster has an entertainingly weird story, but the gameplay... it's unique, but I'm not sure how well it works.

Still need to play Busticated.

Kaze_Memaryu

@Ralizah Well, as hard as I tried, I couldn't recall any noteworthy instances of butt jiggle in any animé except for Queen's Blade (which required the biggest of all ladies to get really into it). I didn't really expect it to come into play, so I was really weirded out.
But no, the bust size changes fully apply to your character in and outside of the dressing room (as the Busticated story itself will show you). Unfortunately, the texture alignment is really lazy...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.