Showing 1 to 20 of 31
1. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 14:43 GMT
hi my 2GB SD card is almost overflowing and because its christmas i might buy a new SD card
1. how big can the SD card be 4GB, 8GB,16GB and so on2. what class does it have to be 3. does it have to be SDHC 4. step by step inscrutions on how to copy and do the process of putting everything on the new SD card + the do's and don'ts
Edited on Fri 23rd December, 2011 @ 15:07 by lord_hades
i am hades true leader of the underworld. i must bid you ado
2. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 15:11 GMT
hi my 2GB SD card is almost overflowing and because its christmas i might buy a new SD card1. how big can the SD card be 4GB, 8GB,16GB and so on2. what class does it have to be 3. does it have to be SDHC 4. step by step inscrutions on how to copy and do the process of putting everything on the new SD card + the do's and don'ts
3. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 15:28 GMT
1. Up to 32 I believe2. Just a regular SD card at your local electronics section/store. Same as the ones cameras use3. I don't think so. 4. Put the old SD card in a computer. Copy EVERYTHING into a folder. Do not modify any file/folder. Put in the new SD card and copy the contents of the new folder you made (not including the folder itself) into the new SD card. Basically you're copying the files as they were in the old SD card
Nintendo Life Community Administrator
Fire Emblem! Enough said! TINGLE_loggery
Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky
4. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 15:32 GMT
I'm actually attempting to transfer all my 3DS VC and Dsiware games to a bigger card as well.I really have almost no idea what I'm doing. All I know is the files need to be copied and sent to the new card.I don't even know how to reformat the new card. The first time I tried this the files couldn't even be recognized by my 3DS. Help me please I suck at this stuff.
Edited on Fri 23rd December, 2011 @ 15:33 by Link79
3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823Wii and 3DS ID Link
5. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 15:33 GMT
You can go up to 32GB, It doesnt have to be SDHC it can also be SDSC but wont recognise SDXC thats why you can only go up to 32GB.What you need to do is copy EVERYTHING off of your original SD card to your computer or whatever your using then with a freshly formated larger SD card (preferebly fat32) copy all the files as they are from the original directly onto the new SD card.By altering some of the files or by not including what was on the last SD card that was in your 3DS can make the 3DS not recognise the new SD card. I did this and had to start again with the new card because I had removed or replaced something in between the stages, hope this helps.
3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355
OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78
Heroes of Ruin online profile -
currently playing: Heroes of Ruin
6. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 15:56 GMT
so do you copy the folders or the stuff in the folders
7. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:00 GMT
Okay I formatted the new card and am now sending all copied files to the new card.I hope I did this right. I was getting pretty frustrated with my ignorance about this stuff.
8. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:08 GMT
did you copy the 3DS folder or did you go into the 3DS folder and copy all the files
9. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:10 GMT
@ Iz20XX & Raptor78It worked! Thanks a bunch guys you're lifesavers!Now I'm all set. Much appreciated!
10. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:12 GMT
11. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:14 GMT
@ jtt235I just copied the folder and it worked. I didn't have to actually go into the folder apparently.As long as your new card is completely empty before transferring the 3DS folder it should work.
Edited on Fri 23rd December, 2011 @ 16:16 by Link79
12. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:15 GMT
Glad we could help
13. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:19 GMT
@link79 so i can just click on the 3ds folder press copy and paste it on an empty card
14. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:24 GMT
@ jtt235Yeah just send the 3DS folder to the new card and everything should be fine.
15. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:28 GMT
thankyou im gona buy a 16GB sd with my christmas money
16. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:28 GMT
I have a 4gb sd card and download a lot of games. I still have 19,000 blocks left though. Should I get an 8 or 16 gb sd card or is 19,000 blocks a lot of space? I have already downloaded many games, to be specific 2 3DSWare, 3 3D Classics, 30 DSi Ware, 11 Virtual Console, 20 Ambassador games, and apps like Netflix, Swapnote, and Nintendo Video. I would rather use my money torwads new games but I do download a lot of games so I don't want to run out of space. Thanks for the help.
Visit my blog Nintendo Gamer Thoughts
17. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:37 GMT
19,000 blocks is alot i only have 3,500
18. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:42 GMT
It depends as well on what you plan on doing with your card,The 3DS uses the same video format as the wii photo channel so it is pretty straight forward to convert vids to watch on the go. The only problem is that MotionJPeg (mjpg) has a much larger file size than most video formats so that will take up space. Also if you use music or plan to etc. It may be worth investing in the largest now while you can rather than keep upgrading bit by bit.
19. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 16:59 GMT
where are 3ds photos held are they also in the 3ds folder
20. Posted: Fri 23rd Dec 2011 17:03 GMT
They're held in the folder titled DCIM.