Forums

Topic: Rune Factory 4

Posts 101 to 120 of 288

Akira

c1pher_c0mplet wrote:

Just my 2₵... I've both heard and read in threads similar to this one that users have reported issues with their systems after formatting (FAT32) an SDXC card bigger than 32GB for use with their 3DS. One particular issue that a forum member mentioned was the overall performance of his/her 3DS being severely degraded with extremely lengthy load times, system boot-up, and intermittent freezing. All the same while, there are apparently users who do this and purportedly have no problems. My takeaway: Nintendo officially states that 32GB SD cards work, no question. Anything other than that, your mileage may/will vary.

That seems to be the case in general, as I've seen reports vary even with normal SD cards, across card (memory) sizes, manufacturers, maybe even classes. Heck, if you just read forums alone, you might come to the conclusion that only the SD card Nintendo includes with the system is guaranteed to work.

Reportedly, MicroSD card adapters may also be a little problematic, but there's also a lot of people who insist MicroSDs work just fine in a 3DS. So, yeah, YMMV.

Currently playing: Pokémon Y, Rune Factory 4

GuardianKing

This game... Wow...

I just got to the Obsidian Mansion, and it manage to jump scare me a good couple of times; the eerie ambiance and overall tone of the place is such a massive contrast compared to the rest of this game.

Speaking of the rest of this game... What a great game... At first, I went on the Wiki and was somewhat turned off by the looks of some of the characters; needless to say, they appear 1000x better in-game (a problem I saw with most of the RF games).

There's just so much humor and wit, along with an innuendo here and there, put into this translation: not only is there a circle of friends between the bachelorettes again, but there's one for the bachelors this time around. It's just great to see the different dynamics between the genders, while simultaneously making all the characters likeable. Even if the writing was a little off at first, I genuinely found individual querks and perks inside each one of these characters. They all seem to guard their own secrets as well, Venti especially.

I can easily and confidently say this is one of my favorite games ever, and that's saying something, considering it's up against Shim Megami Tensei IV, The World Ends With You, and Kid Icarus Uprising.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

I'm sorry if this has already been asked or is otherwise a stupid question. I've shipped level 2 turnips and level 2 turnip seeds. But I can still only buy level 1 turnip seeds in the shop. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or do I have to "unlock" something to get higher level seeds (besides shipping).

I can tell many of you are way ahead of me in the game. I don't work in the store yet. I've only clobbered the first boss so far. I'm working on the water ruins. Maybe I haven't gotten far enough yet.

Thanks!

Put your analyst on danger money, baby.

GuardianKing

@Zaphod_Beeblebrox Higher lever seeds are either "won" through "gambling" with the sickle (slicing the plants), which then unlocks the higher seeds. That said, as customary to this franchise, the plants mostly start at Lv. 1, and whatever you do with them (fertilize, formula A, etc.) affects their growth.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Yup, I've already grown level 2 turnips and gotten level 2 seeds (while harvesting). Once you sell them, you are supposed to be able to buy level 2 seeds in the general store. That's how it worked in RF3 and one of the characters in RF4 has told me this as well. But it hasn't worked. Store still has only level 1 for sale.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Arrrgh! For crying out loud! I just found the request which unlocks the sale of higher-level seeds in the shop. I can now buy level 2 turnip seeds in the general store. Why did they hide this behind a request???

LyIa

The obsidian mansion.. Oh god. Just. What.
I'm already at Yokmir Cave and I'm still not over it.
It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts. It hurts.

GuardianKing wrote:

@Zaphod_Beeblebrox Higher lever seeds are either "won" through "gambling" with the sickle (slicing the plants), which then unlocks the higher seeds. That said, as customary to this franchise, the plants mostly start at Lv. 1, and whatever you do with them (fertilize, formula A, etc.) affects their growth.

That's now how it works now. It's through requests this time around. One of the (very few) things I don't like about this game is the new request board design. Aaaagh. No more pretty requester photos.

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

CanisWolfred

You guys are REALLY tempting me to play my copy. Maybe I should take a break from Platinum?...but POKEMON!!! And even if I did, Pokemon X comes out next week so MORE POKEMON!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Akira

Heh, yeah, that's probably the one thing keeping me from getting too into the game... if only RF4 had released earlier in the summer...

Akira

Cool, another copy.

...aren't you afraid we'll sell the extra copies and use the money to buy Pokemon, though? <runs>

LyIa

Do it.

Dooooo iiiiiiiit.

all men are kings 👑

LyIa

@GuardianKing Solid choice. She's very pretty, independent and strong. When you're in a pickle, your girlfriend can help you.

Haha. She's a good companion, joking aside. She has this heal spell when you're low on health and she can even heal herself, so you won't have to worry all that much. Good strength and stuff. Great defense makes her good bait material for bosses.

edited. my A is broken asdfghjkl stupid phone

Edited on by LyIa

all men are kings 👑

Freelance

RF4 is probably better than Pokémon anyway, but don't listen to me though. I'm not a big fan of Pokémon games.

Freelance

LyIa

@GuardianKing No idea. Find the namechanger girl or maybe it's in the BTW menu.

all men are kings 👑

thatguyEZ

Akira wrote:

Heh, yeah, that's probably the one thing keeping me from getting too into the game... if only RF4 had released earlier in the summer...

That's my same situation I really want to get this game. But I've gotten so excited to get back into Pokemon (haven't played them since Gold/Silver) that I just can't bring myself to get it right now. I do plan on getting it though, I loved Tides of Destiny. Just not right now, though I am really tempted. D;

Edit: Nice avy btw Mugi is my favorite girl from K-On!

Edited on by thatguyEZ

thatguyEZ

3DS Friend Code: 0791-1617-9793 | Nintendo Network ID: thatguyEZ | Twitter:

Turnip

Just bought this game yesterday, and I'm really liking it so far!

Cringing is really fun.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.