Forums

Topic: Rumor Nintendo Direct on Jan 11 2018

Posts 21 to 40 of 54

ilikeike

@OorWullie Yeah I refuse to believe that we won't at least get a teaser for a first-party heavy hitter at the Direct...then Again, Nintendo may be wanting to place all the emphasis on Fire Emblem and the third party games and save their big announcements for e3.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

GrailUK

@OorWullie You not excited for FE? Like, if it is as grandiose and convention breaking as their recent output, then we are in for yet another special game.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Harmonie

@Pianomanfreak Golden Sun 4? That's a bold prediction. Would be really neat if it were true... But I feel like Nintendo has left that franchise behind. I don't understand why, although I know Dark Dawn was not well-received, that series was pretty big in its time and shouldn't be shut down just because of one title. But I'm not Nintendo.

I just really want to see Animal Crossing. It has been over five years since the release of New Leaf in JP. It has been a very long time since the release of a mainline Animal Crossing. I hope that time is because they've been looking into how to revolutionize the series. It needs to be a New Leaf sized improvement or better.

It seems very likely that we will see a new Animal Crossing soon, but they're keeping us in great suspense.

I don't know of anything else they could announce that would excite me at this point? A new Super Smash Bros... Incredibly unlikely. A new Paper Mario in the style of the first two Paper Marios? Now that's a pipe dream! Although I also thought it was a pipe dream that the 3D Mario series would return to exploration after the massive success of the linear Galaxy series, and yet we have Odyssey. I hope Nintendo gets the message about Paper Mario, as well!

My head is in the clouds, no way I won't be disappointed from an incoming Nintendo Direct. lol

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

ilikeike

@Harmonie Nintendo has actually stated that they will bring some "unexpected" franchises to Switch, so Golden Sun 4 isn't entirely out of the question. Honestly they could announce literally anything at this direct, so let's keep our fingers crossed!

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Octane

I bet it's not going to happen.

Octane

gcunit

Oh boy, waiting for the announcement of a Direct is better than waiting for Christmas...

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haruki_NLI

@gcunit Except you know Christmas is coming

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Bolt_Strike

Well, only two days left until this rumor is proven true or false. If we're getting a Direct on the 11th it has to be announced sometime in the next 24 hours.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

@Tsurii There's still time, but if we don't hear anything today, I think it's safe to say it isn't going to happen on the 11th.

Octane

TOUGHDUDE94

nintendo russia said info coming soon and 1010 snowboard trademark

i mean 1080

it had a mario kart 8 dx image

Please don't multipost - Octane

Edited on by Octane

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Eagle9

Or there isn't any Directs anymore, only news - like before WiiU/3DS.

E: I believe that Directs coming only then when they announced it, not only one country.

Edited on by Eagle9

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Dezzy

I bet there'll definitely be trailers for Fire Emblem and Prime 4.

I also think they should port Samus Returns. It's an incredibly good game and so few people bought it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy I bet you won't see Prime 4 for a loooong while...

Octane

shadow-wolf

Well maybe it can be announced tomorrow? Some directs were announced the day before.

That being said, this is Nintendo we're talking about, a company notorious for keeping cards close to the chest and more importantly making it seem that way. Meaning Nintendo probably could have delayed this direct a week or two for no reason other than to make it seem like the leaks/rumors were incorrect lol.

shadow-wolf

Joeynator3000

Watch as there's no Direct at all this month, lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

NEStalgia

So, you expect a different hand gesture to be made |directly| to you?

NEStalgia

Xyphon22

shadow-wolf wrote:

Well maybe it can be announced tomorrow? Some directs were announced the day before.

That being said, this is Nintendo we're talking about, a company notorious for keeping cards close to the chest and more importantly making it seem that way. Meaning Nintendo probably could have delayed this direct a week or two for no reason other than to make it seem like the leaks/rumors were incorrect lol.

This was my exact thought. Even if they were planning on showing a Direct on the 11th, it's just a video. They will probably delay it just to make people stop paying so much attention to these leaks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

shadow-wolf

@Xyphon22 Yeah definitely. That being said I don't think they will delay it that much. If not this week, it almost certainly will be next week or the week after. It should definitely come in January, otherwise Nintendo risks discouraging Switch owners over upcoming 2018 games.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

GrailUK

Nintendo like to surprise us. They will announce it when they are ready, not when the internet speculates it's ready. Internet is a powerful tool...but it can't predict Nintendo lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.