Forums

Topic: Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D

Posts 101 to 120 of 126

romulux

i indulged my OCD side and tested the guns out to see how many shots each took to kill and get a better sense of what each character's packing (tech might think it's funny that i've done this again). here's how they ranked against the armored guys in the island level without any perks-

red 9- redunkulous power but you need clip extending perks. 2 shots to kill
wesker's samurai edge- slightly less redunkulous but still strong and gets critical hits left and right. 3 shots
barry's samura edge- slightly weaker than wesker's but shoots through objects. 3 shots
hunk's punisher- even weaker but still penetrates objects and holds more ammo than barry's. 3-4 shots
claire's matilda- not too strong but the 3 round burst makes up for it and then some. 3-4 shots
chris' beretta- total crap. at least it holds 30 bullets. 4 shots

the machine guns seem to be pretty much the way they were in re5-
AK- 4 shots
jill's sig- 5 shots, more stable
rebecca's mp5- 8 shots, but shoots through things and gets headshots like crazy

it's hard to tell where the rifles and shotguns stand since they kill with one hit but from what i've seen they rank like this-

jill's shotgun
wesker's hydra
chris' shotgun

barry's rifle
chris' rifle
claire's rifle

that seems about right to me, hope that helps someone sort out which loadouts are best for them. i never liked chris much and now i see why, his guns are way underpowered.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

Chris720

Really? I find Chris' weapons kill a lot quicker compared to some others. o_O Wesker's Hydra is some crazy stuff, that thing is pure beast, but I don't like the fact I have to carry around two pistols, especially one that is very hard to find ammo for. D:

Jill is pretty awesome, she's got a nice machine gun and a powerful shotgun to boot! Krauser, to me, is the worst out of the bunch on them, two rocket launchers (infinite if you use that perk), the bow is... alright but takes some time to reload, but if you focus on headshots its pretty awesome, but up against the mini-bosses its not as helpful as a machine gun or a pistol, the knife comes in handy, but pointless since you'll never run out of ammo with the bow.

Which reminds me, you didn't do a test on the bow Rom! Get back in there and do that one too!

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

romulux

the bow was between the red 9 and wesker's handgun, about two arrows to kill, i just forgot to post it! as if i'd leave a stone unturned. it's much better if you use the technique perk, it speeds up the bow especially if you use the weapon master thing. i agree that krauser still kind of sucks though, they really neutered him. if his knife had a little more range it might have helped.

i still think chris' guns are too weak but his rifle is awesome. i noticed you can melee an executioner and then kill with about 3 shots from it while they're stunned. i just don't think it's worth using his guns when you could have a pistol or shotgun that kill with half the shots on another loadout.

Chris720

Chris' Rifle isn't one of my favourites, for the one reason... you exit looking down the scope after each shot, compared to the other sniper rifles. His Shotgun can decimate most hordes in a few seconds if aimed at the right places, his handgun is absolutely crap and definitely not recommended! It;s alright as a backup weapon, but other than that, do NOT use it as your first port of call.

Wesker's loadout is one of the "stronger" classes in my opinion. It has two pistols that can smash through them quite easily and with the Shotgun, you can easily take down a bunch o' zombies with easy then go back to the pistols for some far ranged shooting.

However, I do like Jill's loadout a lot more compared to the rest of them, for one thing, you have a nice machine gun, a nice shotgun and if you run out of ammo, you have a knife in your back pocket. The machine gun, to me, seems quite strong and can take most of them down quite quickly, alng with the shotgun for some close range blasting or you're ina tight squeeze with a boss and again, using the knife is you've run out of ammo or want to conserve some for the later part of the stages.

YouTube

romulux

yeah, i've gotten some of my highest scores with jill by knee dropping people over and over. claire is my favorite so far, the matilda is awesome and her melees are really strong and quick. i wonder what she'd be like with wesker's loadout, having all that power with her speed, but i'm unlocking the loadouts the hard way instead of using play coins so it'll be a while before i can try that...

Chris720

Dude... use the Play Coins... it's a lot quicker than faffing around with getting SS ranks to get it all. I'm still gonna have to do it anyway so I can get the costume changes, I really want Hunk's costume change, seen a few people with it online and it looks beastly!

But I might try out Jill + Wesker's class and see how it goes and I'll report back later.

EDIT: Jill + Wesker's class is pretty beastly, however, I've never been able to end a game because there's too many numbskull partners on this game that love dieing, leading me to mainly scream at my 3DS "JUST FOR (BEEP) SAKE, LIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!!!!!"

Most of the time these people are using the double nade launcher and shooting at their feet, leading me to "GO AWAY YOU PATHETIC PIECE OF (BEEP) AND GET SOME (BEEP) SKILLS!"

But good class none-the-less.

Edited on by Chris720

YouTube

Spoony_Tech

Now that's the demon we all know and love!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chris720

I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. o_O

I've had my fair share of deaths however, that broken chainsaw weilding nutter is the most annoying though, it follows you like a stalker flailing around a chainsaw... those fat guys are the worst though, they KEEP getting in the blody way.

YouTube

Spoony_Tech

Anyone get the sense that most of the enemies are evolved enemies from Final Fight.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dr-Rockzo

anyone else injoy 5-5 ,EX level 9 and hate Ex 3

3DS Friend code 1762-2797-2969User name on online Pink Floyd" The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinct and recognizable phase, those of survival, inquiry and Sophistication otherwise known as the How, Why and Where phase."

pkee

Just got the game, love it If anyone wants to play some Co-op, friend code in sig, add and we'll organise a game!

3DS Friend code: 1719 - 3164 - 9836

Dr-Rockzo

@ pkee im in. i'll add you

3DS Friend code 1762-2797-2969User name on online Pink Floyd" The History of every major Galactic Civilization tends to pass through three distinct and recognizable phase, those of survival, inquiry and Sophistication otherwise known as the How, Why and Where phase."

dap594

Brilliant Game!!! So addictive and by far the best game on the 3ds.

3DS FC: 0731-4866-3403
Wii Console Number - 2645 9857 8526 1866
Mario Kart Wii - 0473 7945 5709
Mario Vs DK Dsiware - 4340 1381 7283
Flipnote Studio - X X left down Y L down L
GTA Chinatown Wars - 485536038726

Chris720

Haven't found a good partner for EX-9 yet, we get close to round 15 and then die or get swarmed by a whole buncha executioners or chainsaw guys. :/

Trying to level up the rest of my skills too, takes a while. >_<

YouTube

Sneaker13

Still waiting for this game to arrive from Zavvi. Really regret not getting it from a real dutch company. Paid ten Euro less, but not worth waiting so long for it.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Raptor78

I found a great combo to do for mission 4-5 to really rack up time, quick kills and reduce the risk of the manji mutating when they are killed.
Barry Burton with Hunks weapon set...
When Barry faces a stunned enemy he headbuts them for his melee attack which is almost 100% fatal destroying their head, but if for whatever reason they dont instantly die, his miranda rights finishes them off adding more time to the kitty.
The thing is though if you are near a spawn point, you get four or five infected dropping down, fire out a flash grenade for Hunks arsenal and viola you get four or five melee kills in a row. While this only works well against normal manji and chainsaw loonies it does build enough time and more importantly ammo so when you face bad guys with masks on, the gattling gun guy or the ones with the metal masks and blades that cant get stunned from flash grenades you have a well stocked AK-47 to lay waste to them.
Im posting this for two reasons, firstly I think for that level it is a good combo and another I had played a couple of games where when I started doing this the other guy has dissconected obviously thinking I was just spamming a grenade launcher and would probably run out if ammo in no time like some other people do on that level.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

Nintendo Network ID: Raptor78

dap594

The other day i was on online mode and the person i was playing with decided to kill me within 10 seconds of starting the level. He repeatedly shot at me using a rocket launcher.

Has anyone else experienced this annoying behaviour?

3DS FC: 0731-4866-3403
Wii Console Number - 2645 9857 8526 1866
Mario Kart Wii - 0473 7945 5709
Mario Vs DK Dsiware - 4340 1381 7283
Flipnote Studio - X X left down Y L down L
GTA Chinatown Wars - 485536038726

Tare

Is this game worth 30$ ?

Thaaaaaanks for noticin' me.

Sneaker13

I finally got it (not from zavvi though) and I love it so far. I really enjoyed playing it with my sister. I'm in the shipyard on top of a container shooting zombies with my sniper rifle while she shoots the ones that climbs up the container. Love it and it would be great if there was some sort of shopping mall level so I can replay scene's from Dawn of the Dead.

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Sherlock

dap594 wrote:

The other day i was on online mode and the person i was playing with decided to kill me within 10 seconds of starting the level. He repeatedly shot at me using a rocket launcher.

Has anyone else experienced this annoying behaviour?

yes this happens to me all the time that's the reason why i avoid playing with wesker players online lol

3DS FC: 4940-5445-6226

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5445-6226 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.