3DS Forum

Topic: Rebranded 3DS

Showing 61 to 80 of 87

AuthorMessage
Avatar

pixelman

61. Posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Adding a second analog stick would enable more and quicker ports, as well as make it a lot easier to get the Monster Hunter series on the 3DS... which sells systems in Japan.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadowChaos

62. Posted:

well then i have some good news than http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/29799/redesigned-3d...

3DS FC: 1633-4304-0741
"This is war; survival is your responsibility" ~ HUNK
Today is a baby win, Tomorrow is a big boy win
When theres no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TeeJay

63. Posted:

I wish Nintendo would just say yes or no already. Keeping information from us is hurting them as well.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ark

64. Posted:

To be fair, that's the exact phrase they throw out every time someone asks about a rumor...or speculation.

.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birdman

65. Posted:

That literally means ... nothing. We could still see Nintendo announce this add-on/redesign, or it could be a new game, like everyone else is saying.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Weavius

66. Posted:

Nintendo has a press conference every September. In September 2010, Nintendo held a press conference to show off the 3DS. This September, Nintendo will demonstrate WiiU capabilities; not a new or modified 3DS (which would alienate early adopters and those whom bought one after the price drop).

Love my 3DS!

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6194-4517 | Nintendo Network ID: Weavius

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Birthday_Boy

67. Posted:

Wiiver wrote:

Nintendo has a press conference every September. In September 2010, Nintendo held a press conference to show off the 3DS. This September, Nintendo will demonstrate WiiU capabilities; not a new or modified 3DS (which would alienate early adopters and those whom bought one after the price drop).

@Wiiver: That is only one September. Also the rumour said nothing about Wii u. The sources are saying it's 3DS related.

Edited on by Birthday_Boy

Past Names: Koops3, Klyo, Whirlpool, Titanics
If you're looking for a good Miiverse profile, do I have one for you!

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter: Kyloctopus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Slapshot

68. Posted:

@TeeJay Keyword: if. ;)

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Pokefanmum82

69. Posted:

it`s not a 3DS redesign. That`s just a stupid move at this point and once again Nintendo has stated that it has no plans to redesign the 3DS so people need to shut up about that. It`s just a software related announcement and nothing more. This is just a rumor, not fact. People just wait until September when they announce something then get mad if it`s something this stupid. Until then everyone needs to calm down and relax.

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Fossil Fighters Frontier, Story of Seasons and Kirby & the Rainbow Curse.
Now Playing: Pokemon AS and The Lost Valley
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Weavius

70. Posted:

@Koops3: You're right. If it is 3DS news, I believe that Nintendo will announce a new system update that enables 3DS to 3DS system transfers and the much forgotten ability to… drumroll please! …Record 3D Video! Oh, and other new applications too. :)

Love my 3DS!

3DS Friend Code: 1461-6194-4517 | Nintendo Network ID: Weavius

AuthorMessage
Avatar

John-John

71. Posted:

That's so big of an upgrade that it might as well be an entirely new system. So, I doubt it.

I'm thinking this is in Nintendo's future plans. They let something slip to see how people would react to the idea of two analogue sticks rather than a sudden upgrade to the 3DS. However, we all interpreted it incorrectly, or they didn't release the information very well.

John-John

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

72. Posted:

If they really are making an add-on second analog pad, then that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. They should have put one on the 3DS to begin with. And where would it attach? The 3DS doesn't have any expansion ports.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

chronicler

73. Posted:

No doubt they will eventually, as their sequel to the 3DS (and by sequel I mean the 3DS to the DS, not DS Lite to the DS Original). It would be stupid to do it right now because 1) they're trying to establish a base, and by making all of the purchased ones obsolete within the first year kind of makes the adopters angry and deters the potential buyers, as it would probably change again. 2) Because they are trying to emphasize the gyroscope and accelerometer features in the Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo even said in an interview that that's the reason they didn't have the second analog stick on the handheld. So it would be pretty counterproductive for them to cross their avid fans that purchased them now, and also to overshadow one of the most marketable and applicable aspects.

chronicler

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

74. Posted:

chronicler wrote:

No doubt they will eventually, as their sequel to the 3DS (and by sequel I mean the 3DS to the DS, not DS Lite to the DS Original). It would be stupid to do it right now because 1) they're trying to establish a base, and by making all of the purchased ones obsolete within the first year kind of makes the adopters angry and deters the potential buyers, as it would probably change again. 2) Because they are trying to emphasize the gyroscope and accelerometer features in the Nintendo 3DS. Nintendo even said in an interview that that's the reason they didn't have the second analog stick on the handheld. So it would be pretty counterproductive for them to cross their avid fans that purchased them now, and also to overshadow one of the most marketable and applicable aspects.

Then why did they put a second analog pad in the Wii U controller then? Nintendo's logic astounds me sometimes.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

chronicler

75. Posted:

Then why did they put a second analog pad in the Wii U controller then? Nintendo's logic astounds me sometimes.

[/quote]

Because they were trying to make it more adaptable for blockbuster multiplatform titles like Call of Duty and whatnot, as well as offering a different gaming experience on the console and on the handheld. The Wii already had one analog stick with the nunchuk and is now being improved upon. The Wii U is just that, an improvement and sequel to the Wii, it isn't a relation to Nintendo's handheld lines.

chronicler

AuthorMessage
Avatar

LordTendoboy

76. Posted:

chronicler wrote:

Because they were trying to make it more adaptable for blockbuster multiplatform titles like Call of Duty and whatnot, as well as offering a different gaming experience on the console and on the handheld. The Wii already had one analog stick with the nunchuk and is now being improved upon. The Wii U is just that, an improvement and sequel to the Wii, it isn't a relation to Nintendo's handheld lines.

Then adding a second analog to the 3DS would also improve the chances of it getting more popular genres. Look at the PSP. The lack of a second analog nub was the number one complaint from many PSP users, and Sony rectified that with the Vita, AND they added a touchscreen. There's nothing wrong with the 3DS having a touchscreen and 2 analog pads.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
PSN ID PS_man1984

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

77. Posted:

I think the 2nd analog adapter could be true. Just snap it on and connect to the av port where you charge the system while having a second port to connect the charge plug to the 3DS to charge while using the 2nd analog. Think of it like the Wii Motion Plus attatchment. Having the motion plus on the remote doesn't stop you from using the nunchuk as well.

That's the only method I see working for this to happen anyhow.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

chronicler

78. Posted:

They will eventually, but doing this at such a time would prove inexplicably stupid on their part, as I said before, and render all of the other systems obsolete. It doesn't matter if the competition has the same features as the other. Look at the DS and PSP: The PSP had an analog stick (if you could call it a stick), but the DS (though it went through 4 iterations) always retained it's D-Pad. And you should be thankful the 3DS even has one, as they were originally just going to turn the D-Pad into a Circle Pad and leave it at that. To furthermore back up my research, Nintendo has stated that they are not planning or working on a sequel to the 3DS at this time.

chronicler

AuthorMessage
Avatar

chronicler

79. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

I think the 2nd analog adapter could be true. Just snap it on and connect to the av port where you charge the system while having a second port to connect the charge plug to the 3DS to charge while using the 2nd analog. Think of it like the Wii Motion Plus attatchment. Having the motion plus on the remote doesn't stop you from using the nunchuk as well.

That's the only method I see working for this to happen anyhow.

I get what you're saying and yes that is the only way it would make sense, but it would be totally uncomfortable and ....well... just look horrible, as it would be a block of sorts with a circle on it, at a different elevation that the other buttons and would just be a nightmare to use.

chronicler

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

80. Posted:

Surely, Nintendo will make it comfortable. People worry all the time about things being uncomfortable and the final product for most part is the opposite of what people expect initially.

Be hopeful. If it's not true, oh well.

komicturtle