3DS Forum

Topic: Rayman 3D is a disgrace

Showing 41 to 60 of 65

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

41. Posted:

Ravage wrote:

Isn't this about Rayman?

It was right up until people started accusing Ubisoft of being a bad company or something silly like that.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

42. Posted:

they are supposedly kinda not the most likeable company but to say they haven't made some great games is like saying EA hasn't made money. It's just a blatant lie.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

43. Posted:

theblackdragon wrote:

TokyoRed wrote:

Nah, my dear Irken004, I wasn't saying you had to like em or that could not like them. WaltzElf understands what I was saying. Actually, I just pulled a Sir Francis Bacon / Gandalf psycho move. I just wanted to have a bit of innocently subtle sarcasm to change things up a bit.

I'd be able to give you the benefit of the doubt if you hadn't listed Earthworm Jim along with all that crap. Better luck next time.

That said, if we could get back to the topic of Rayman 3D somehow, that would be nice.

TBD you like Earthworm Jim?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheThirdComing

44. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

I love some of the responses to this thread. Ubi make some dodgy games and half-cooked ports, fine. Pretty certain they didn't run over anyone's children. Stop making out like they're Satanic spawn, lol.

They are also screwing consumers over with the restrictions of DRM on their games.
Prime example: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. Players can't install or play the game when it isn't connected to the Internet. Additionally, the save-file is saved on Ubisoft's servers.
This means: You can't play when your Internet connection fails, you can't play when Ubisoft's servers are down (this already happened at least once) and you won't be able to play the game anymore once Ubisoft's servers are shut down for good.
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is a single-player game, by the way.

I think it's okay if people talk about Ubisoft in this thread, as long as it's not too much of an assault and as long as the complaints are based on facts.

TheThirdComing

AuthorMessage
Avatar

daydreamer

45. Posted:

I'm playing Rayman 3D and I'm loving it :)

Quote me for my 3DS friend code :)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

James

46. Posted:

TheThirdComing wrote:

I think it's okay if people talk about Ubisoft in this thread, as long as it's not too much of an assault and as long as the complaints are based on facts.

Let's stick to complaints relevant to Rayman 3D though. Cheers.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chris720

47. Posted:

Rayman 3D is a pretty good game, but I always loved the sidescrolling adventure... playing Rayman from behind him is so annoying because you can't look all the way around the screen and exploring is a job and a half, but it is quite enjoyable, I'm getting through it slowly, haven't really had a chance to dig my teeth into it really.

Unfortunately for Rayman, he kind of became a distant memory, kind of like what happened Sonic but he changed around in Colours, hopefully Rayman can do the same and take it back to the 2D sidescrolling roots Ubisoft! D:

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Samholy

48. Posted:

i like ubisoft products and didnt meant to start a fight or anything.
but in this case, the game as major flaws. it was rushed and doesnt show the usual innovative and quality that Ubi uses to give us.
and theyre not the only ones who rushed their game for the 3ds launch. maybe the problem was nintendo who should have wait a month or so to launch their console and ensure to have launch titles with more polish or even content.

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Samholy

49. Posted:

outrun2sp wrote:

UBISOFT are a disgracefull company producing games like the recent Rayman efforts and Rabbids games. The only thing I ever liked about them was when they licensed japanese import games at the beginning of this generation.

yeah man, they gave me that wonderful suikoden for PS1.

currently playing:
Final Fantasy IV DS
Ratchet and clank All4One
3DS : Sam : 3050-7590-3005

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Raylax

50. Posted:

TheThirdComing wrote:

Raylax wrote:

I love some of the responses to this thread. Ubi make some dodgy games and half-cooked ports, fine. Pretty certain they didn't run over anyone's children. Stop making out like they're Satanic spawn, lol.

They are also screwing consumers over with the restrictions of DRM on their games.
Prime example: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands. Players can't install or play the game when it isn't connected to the Internet. Additionally, the save-file is saved on Ubisoft's servers.
This means: You can't play when your Internet connection fails, you can't play when Ubisoft's servers are down (this already happened at least once) and you won't be able to play the game anymore once Ubisoft's servers are shut down for good.
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands is a single-player game, by the way.

I know the line between mismanaging DRM and killing infants is a blurred one, but I'm still not entirely convinced they're comparable. Maybe I'm just liberal like that.

ACNF: Visit Somni! DC: 7000 3442 7110
theblackdragon: ahaha perfect response to that thread, raylax
theblackdragon: eff your other responses, though
theblackdragon: all of them
theblackdragon: in the entire history of ever >:[
theblackdragon: they've all sucked

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

AuthorMessage
Avatar

James

51. Posted:

@Raylax Stop stirring things up, dude. Let's move on and keep the discussion to Rayman 3D, not infanticide, thanks.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

52. Posted:

@Samholy: I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't decide how long third parties have to polish a game for release. Even then, they had plenty of time to touch up this port (Unless the development team was unusually small).

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

53. Posted:

xDemon720x wrote:

Rayman 3D is a pretty good game, but I always loved the sidescrolling adventure... playing Rayman from behind him is so annoying because you can't look all the way around the screen and exploring is a job and a half, but it is quite enjoyable, I'm getting through it slowly, haven't really had a chance to dig my teeth into it really.

Unfortunately for Rayman, he kind of became a distant memory, kind of like what happened Sonic but he changed around in Colours, hopefully Rayman can do the same and take it back to the 2D sidescrolling roots Ubisoft! D:

I couldn't agree more. I'd love to see Rayman return to his sidescrolling roots. It wouldn't be bad if it is 2.5 3D like Cave Story 3DS is going to be as I like 2.5 3D games and I think that Rayman in 2.5 3D might actually be epic on the 3DS and home consoles like the Wii and PS3..

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rensch

54. Posted:

Can't be as bad as the DS version.

The fact that they used it as a launch title for 3DS AGAIN is completely ridiculous. The game was already seven years old when it was released for DS and it hasn't gotten any more modern over the years.

Still, I deeply Iove this game, the PC version that is, but it HATES my laptop's CD/DVD drive. Release Rayman 1 and 2 on VC, Ubisoft! They are on PSN already, but the PSX Rayman 2 was a lame toned-down version of the other versions.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

55. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

Can't be as bad as the DS version.

The fact that they used it as a launch title for 3DS AGAIN is completely ridiculous. The game was already seven years old when it was released for DS and it hasn't gotten any more modern over the years.

Still, I deeply Iove this game, the PC version that is, but it HATES my laptop's CD/DVD drive. Release Rayman 1 and 2 on VC, Ubisoft! They are on PSN already, but the PSX Rayman 2 was a lame toned-down version of the other versions.

Does the PSN version work on the PSP?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage
Avatar

zezhyrule

56. Posted:

@TokyoRed: All PS1 games work on the PSP.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

James

57. Posted:

Awesome, time for me to go cram my Vagrant Story disc into my PSP Go.

I am not ignoring you. I just do not post much.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tylr

58. Posted:

Is the disgrace part coming from a view point of someone who has played the original or not? Beacause I have never played the original and was just thinking about buying this game...

My Pikmin are ready.

3DS Friend Code: 3625-7968-5215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tate24

59. Posted:

Love dreamcast version it was truly amazing:)

sadly 3DS version should disappear up ubisoft's cr@ck lol

Game collection - Mario Kart 8, Game & Wario, The Wonderful 101, MHU, ZombiU, Rayman Legends, Black op 2, NFS: MW, Nintendo Land.

Here my dream code for anyone who wants visit my town in AC: New Leaf - Town - ARCADIA - 6400-2151-7063

You can also follow me on tumblr :)
lw28.tumblr.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RoyalBlur

60. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

@TokyoRed: All PS1 games work on the PSP.

Thanks Zezhyrule!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN