Forums

Topic: Rage dump - Smartphones v dedicated gaming devices

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Reenie

After reading an article on the Nintendolife site (https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/04/nintendo_download_26th_april_2012_europe), I have become even more frustrated lately!

I would like to discuss the issue of smartphones becoming serious competition for dedicated gaming devices.

My 3DS eshop is fairly woeful in comparison to an equivalent online store on smartphones. Why did this happen?!?!?!?!?! How could this happen?!?!?!?!

I refuse to buy a smartphone, and therefore I miss out on a lot of portable gaming. But I do not see why many of the games could not be released for 3DS (ignoring anticompetitive reasons, political reasons, etc). The 3DS is really losing a lot of market share to these devices, and this does not need to be the case. What I really want is a reasoned, thoughtful explanation as to why my brother can play games like Secret of Mana on his PHONE, and I cannot do so on my gaming device.

Is this trend likely to continue? Should I give up and buy a smartphone for my downloadable, shortandsweet gaming?

*I say all this as a hardcore Nintendo fan, and particularly, a 3DS fan. But although I have pledged my allegiance to Nintendo, it does not stop me from being irritated by the lack of downloadable content.
*Additionally, I have most of the more popular eshop games.
*Finally, why is it that Australia gets so little in terms of services/features? I am tired of missing out, people >:-/

If someone could either respond or direct me to another thread on this topic, I would be greatful.

Friend Code: 0387-8837-3562
Name: Emily
Own: Mario Kart 7, Mario 3D Land, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Hollywood Crimes, Heroes of Ruin, Rayman 3D, Kingdom Hearts DDD

theblackdragon

The smartphone vs. dedicated gaming device argument has been done to death here. The short answer is that there is no reason, but we all must deal with it. Please feel free to ragedump in your own personal space — a blog or social networking site would be a good place to do so. Thank you!

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.