Forums

Topic: QUICK! Costco selling 3DS for $169.99

Posts 1 to 20 of 24

komicturtle

Those waiting for the price drop should check in with their local Costco (as well as sign up for a membership while you're at it) to see if they're selling 3DS' at $169.99

Not only do you get the discounted price, but you get the 20 free games if you connect to eShop. Be wary- it could be certain Costco stores and it may also be for pre-order similarly to Amazon.

Check it out.

Untitled

Source: nintendo3dsblog

komicturtle

FonistofCruxis

Thats unfair to us early adopters, the 20 free games is supposed to make up for later buyers getting it cheaper and now some people will be able to get free games and the 3DS for a lower price. At least its only one store chain.

komicturtle

But if they are not a member, they'll have to pay $50 a year for Costco :3

Of course, I'm in the same boat with those who purchased early. It's business

komicturtle

Dynetheous

i have a costco membership, but i already bought my 3ds at gamestop oh well

3DS Friend Code: 1375-7199-0087 user name is Jon
Games that i love: Zelda, MH, Golden Sun, Fire emblem
PSN ID: Dynetheous tell me if you want to add me:)
Nintendo Network ID: Dynetheous

Papa_Godzilla

Zephren wrote:

i have a costco membership, but i already bought my 3ds at gamestop oh well

then find people who want it, ask a commission for it ! ( they call it re-sell )

Papa_Godzilla

Tasuki

Hmmm It looks like a Preorder to me but you never know. Sadly I dont have a Costco membership anymore. Oh well.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Blaze

I completely agree with Mariofanatic. I'm fine with getting my free games as a replacement, I was really happy! :D But recenty I've heard of this happening, and it makes me slightly sad. :( Can't Nintendo do something to stop this?

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

Birdman

Hmm, I should contact my aunt (who operates a few Costco stores in the Chicago area) and see what this is about. But, I think she's on vacation right now, so ...

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

The_Fox

Tasuki wrote:

Hmmm It looks like a Preorder to me but you never know. Sadly I dont have a Costco membership anymore. Oh well.

It could just be that they don't keep the systems on the store floor. It might be one of those things where you bring the card to the checkout lane and they get the system from the store room.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

TeeJay

Costco?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Roachant

Was is taken in Quebec? I see french on the box.

3DS : 0688-5259-6512

komicturtle

Well, if you look closely, it says "Take this to the register to exchange for quantity-"

komicturtle

ToadFan

Roachant wrote:

Was is taken in Quebec? I see french on the box.

Yep, this is what I'm wondering. But on American covers they say it in English/Spanish/French.

ToadFan

Panduh

This is evil! I want my money back!

Currently Playing: Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Recently Beat: Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World, and A Link between Worlds

3DS Friend Code: 3394-3590-1909 | Nintendo Network ID: androidcall

komicturtle

If you get yo' money back, then you won't get the games.

And shouldn't. Not trying to be a [inappropriate word for Nintendolife]

komicturtle

ToadFan

Birdman13 wrote:

Hmm, I should contact my aunt (who operates a few Costco stores in the Chicago area) and see what this is about. But, I think she's on vacation right now, so ...

Do not, she'll change it back 2 $249.99, :/

ToadFan

LzWinky

MiracleBlaze wrote:

I completely agree with Mariofanatic. I'm fine with getting my free games as a replacement, I was really happy! :D But recenty I've heard of this happening, and it makes me slightly sad. :( Can't Nintendo do something to stop this?

No. If a retailer wants it to be on a sale, they can.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.