Forums

Topic: Puzzle and Dragons Z/Super Mario Edition

Posts 81 to 100 of 157

Pokefanmum82

I finally got to the boss on expert (demo) and then end up dying. I was proud of myself lol

Want: Mario Party Top 100, Atlus games, Psychic Spectres for the 3DS. For the Switch Kirby Star Allies, Yoshi and many others.

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing Stories, Crystal and Ultra Sun.

Tops

Pokefanmum82 wrote:

I finally got to the boss on expert (demo) and then end up dying. I was proud of myself lol

Nice! That's awesome.

I managed to (barely) beat everything on my second run of the demo but I still feel like I need to learn a lot about how to win more effectively. The fight against the fire & ice bros took what felt like too long. I was barely doing much damage and used too many turns to just heal when I probably could have attacked as well.

Though I realise a lot of people are probably used to the mechanics due to having played the mobile version of P&D, I think the demo needs to do a better job of easing people into the game. Going from watching the battle turns play themselves out to having your rear end handed back to you all in the game's demo doesn't feel particularly good. I am slowly becoming more interested in the full version though, which is good.

Tops

Pokefanmum82

yeah I noticed that I did better when I switched to Ice Luigi during the expert mode.

Want: Mario Party Top 100, Atlus games, Psychic Spectres for the 3DS. For the Switch Kirby Star Allies, Yoshi and many others.

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing Stories, Crystal and Ultra Sun.

Tops

Interesting. I did happen to use Ice Luigi when I won but still had some tense moments in there. I must not be very good lol

Tops

LzWinky

Game hates me. When I use Luigi in expert, few of the blocks are blue >:[

Current games: Pokemon Shield

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Spoony_Tech

I used the skills on the boss today on expert and destroyed him. Everything was a water attack except for 3 mushrooms. I've only been able to beat him once though with ghost Mario and his team.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LzWinky

I went all out as well. It was beautiful

Current games: Pokemon Shield

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ralizah

So, the demo sucks, but it still convinced me to get this game. Expert mode really makes all the difference, as you have to learn how to actually play the game to get anywhere. I went from getting creamed by the first few enemies to wiping out the last boss in three moves (I saved up all my skills until the end, so I turned EVERYTHING except for some mushrooms into a blue orb, buffed their power and just went ham on it).

It took some time to adjust to the gameplay, though. I'm so used to traditional match 3 that I didn't know if I was going to be able to effectively do this weird gem bumping thing effectively. Turned out to be surprisingly engaging.

EDIT: Oh wow, Ice Luigi was this demo's easy mode. Ghost Mario is a bit trickier to master, and doesn't hit as hard. I actually died once before the final boss. Oh well, at least the mushrooms aren't completely useless in his campaign.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech

Pre load is here!!! Finally!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

And NL's review is up, I didn't read it yet...but it's basically what I said before. Everyone will be getting this game for Z, not "Mario Tetris"....
Ok seriously, where are you people getting Tetris out of this? This is actually just Pokemon Shuffle Advance, or Extreme, or something. lol

Pokemon Stream Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmNX5mNuNc

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

DefHalan

I would get this game for the Mario side. I have an android phone so I can play the Puzzles and Dragons side for free basically

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Klimbatize

Megumi wrote:

Ok seriously, where are you people getting Tetris out of this? This is actually just Pokemon Shuffle Advance, or Extreme, or something. lol

Yeah, that's why I brought it up. This is nothing like Tetris, so I found that comparison funny.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

3DS FC: 1332 7785 4494

Joeynator3000

DefHalan wrote:

I would get this game for the Mario side. I have an android phone so I can play the Puzzles and Dragons side for free basically

...You know Z is a different story and all that, right...also, no stupid f2p limitations.

Pokemon Stream Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmNX5mNuNc

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

DefHalan

Megumi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I would get this game for the Mario side. I have an android phone so I can play the Puzzles and Dragons side for free basically

...You know Z is a different story and all that, right...also, no stupid f2p limitations.

I don't mind F2P games. I played Puzzles and Dragons for about a week and stopped, it wasn't that bad when it came to the F2P elements.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MrGawain

Bought this today, and although I've only played 10 or so boards, I can't help but think Pokemon Shuffle is a WAAAY better game. With shuffle there's an element of puzzle where this is a bit randomly move the stylus and win without thought. Plus the control is a little haphazard.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Spoony_Tech

MrGawain wrote:

Bought this today, and although I've only played 10 or so boards, I can't help but think Pokemon Shuffle is a WAAAY better game. With shuffle there's an element of puzzle where this is a bit randomly move the stylus and win without thought. Plus the control is a little haphazard.

My 2 year old could win on the easy mode but not expert. When the game gets harder you will have to think before you act.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

DefHalan wrote:

Megumi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I would get this game for the Mario side. I have an android phone so I can play the Puzzles and Dragons side for free basically

...You know Z is a different story and all that, right...also, no stupid f2p limitations.

I don't mind F2P games. I played Puzzles and Dragons for about a week and stopped, it wasn't that bad when it came to the F2P elements.

It sets in somwhere between level 15 and 20, IIRC, but they may have fixed that with updates by now, I don't know...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

DadOfFour1972

Downloaded on Friday and so far only played the Mario part. Never played the mobile version of other half so looking forward to it. Loving the Mario part so far. Well worth the money IMO

Live long and prosper
Gamertag : ringrosemike
PSN : ringrosemike

3DS Friend Code: 2466-2347-5262

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic