Forums

Topic: Puzzle Swap

Posts 101 to 120 of 122

BenAV

30 StreetPasses in two days (14 yesterday and 16 today) isn't too bad.
Nearly got all the pink pieces besides the Kid Icarus ones... Haven't found anyone with any pink ones for that yet.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

JSimon98

@BenAV, how do u even get 1 peice of the pink puzzle peices? I need ur help!

3Ds friend code; 3282 - 2375 - 7771
Pokemon Y
Looking for a battle/trade whenever, just want certain Pokemon.

Victoria

To get one of the pink puzzle pieces you have to street pass someone who happens to have one. That's the only way.

My Art Academy artwork can be viewed here: My Gallery

19Robb92

IMO they should skip the StreetPass pieces as a whole and just exchange them for SpotPass pieces so that everyone actually has a chance of finishing the puzzles.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

ImDiggerDan

@19Robb92 - But then everyone would just get all the pieces without any sense of "can I get them?", more just "when will I get them?" - where's the fun in that?

I appreciate that if you are still waiting for your first ever "hit", then it's probably very frustrating, but I'm finding now that I can easily get 3 or 4 hits just by visiting the ciry centre at the weekend for an hour or so. I even got on from inside my car when dropping the mother-in-law off at the train station yesterday morning and that person had a ton of pink pieces to choose from.

I have noticed though that you seem to get less hits overall the more titles you have StreetPass enabled for. Makes sense, really - your 3DS has to quickly negotiate with the other system and the more titles you have enabled, the more cross matching it has to do. I carry 2 systems round with me, one which only has Mii Plaza enabled and my main system which had quite a few more and I'd often get a few hits on the spare system but only 1 matching one on the other.

Director of Four Horses. Developer of Digger Dan games.
On sale on the Nintendo 3DS eShop from 19th May 2016.
www.fourhorses.co.uk

Twitter:

19Robb92

ImDiggerDan wrote:

@19Robb92 - But then everyone would just get all the pieces without any sense of "can I get them?", more just "when will I get them?" - where's the fun in that?

Not really. There's still normal pieces that are either randomized by using play coins or acquired by StreetPass. It'll take a very long time even if you may get some of the pieces by SpotPass. Especially seeing how many pieces each puzzle consists of now.

The StreetPass-only pieces are more frustrating than fun.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Aqueous

Looks like we get a new puzzle today. I just got Kirby 20th Anniversary puzzle. Any different ones?

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Hokori

Yep looks like we only get one. Anyone know if Japna got 2 again? Like maybe devil traing since they had that Nintendo direct of it?

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

CerealKiller528

I heard Japan got a Brain Age puzzle

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

Hokori

Oh cool thanks

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Firejonie

NA, Europe and Australia will most likely get the Oni training ( Brain Age 3DS) puzzle when the game is closer to launch in the specific region. As Japan is getting it in like a week or two.

Firejonie

Scary_Old_Lady

19Robb92 wrote:

IMO they should skip the StreetPass pieces as a whole and just exchange them for SpotPass pieces so that everyone actually has a chance of finishing the puzzles.

Ahem, Streetpass Mii Plaza.

Train Simulator Reskins: http://superalbs.weebly.com/ ;)

3DS Friend Code: 3695-0038-1854

SkywardLink98

19Robb92 wrote:

Demo units and gamestop workers are a reliable source of pieces actually, because of all the 3DS owners that walk in. And if you go to a mall you can get up to 5 or more streetpasses.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Hokori

I wish I could update the 3DS at my GS so I can actually get the pink pieces

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

Dizzy_Boy

i`m going to westfield shopping mall tomorrow afternoon.
nintendo are showing off mario and sonic olympics there. i don`t really care for the game so much, i`m just hoping to get a few street pass hits, and some pink puzzle pieces.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Drawdler

The pink pieces would be a lot better if there were some system for getting them through SpotPass.

Say, pay 10 Play Coins, and you have a chance of getting a new pink piece each week. Chances reduced if you get a lot of StreetPass Hits, increased if you don't get many, and decreased but more slowly when Wireless/the system is off, to prevent increased chance abuse. The pieces are sent every Thursday to coincide with the eShop so they can send everything out in one batch. It's cheap and effective and I wouldn't mind spending the Play Coins on it since I hardly get new random pieces from them.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Dizzy_Boy

@nibelilt i totally agree that there needs to be a fairer way to get the pink puzzle pieces.
something i do, my local HMV has a demo 3DS, and i always make sure that i street pass it. i also let it have pieces from my 3DS too, it`s a good way to share them around, and i notice that others have done the same, because i`ve had pieces back from it too.
tbh, passing the demo 3DS has helped on the quest too, i`ve levelled the mii up to a 7 which is as high as it will go, and it powers through some of the rooms quite well, especially the first few roomss.

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

Hokori

dizzy_boy wrote:

@nibelilt i totally agree that there needs to be a fairer way to get the pink puzzle pieces.
something i do, my local HMV has a demo 3DS, and i always make sure that i street pass it. i also let it have pieces from my 3DS too, it`s a good way to share them around, and i notice that others have done the same, because i`ve had pieces back from it too.
tbh, passing the demo 3DS has helped on the quest too, i`ve levelled the mii up to a 7 which is as high as it will go, and it powers through some of the rooms quite well, especially the first few roomss.

Lucky that demo station updated, my demo stations are old and don't update, they look like they're from pre June 2011 they don't even have the eShop shown

Digitaloggery
Nintendo of Japan
W...

catsrnice

You can get pink pieces from Spotpass. Twice the've given out gold miis over spotpass that have ALL the pink pieces. And usually when they do that they become a lot more common.

catsrnice

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.