Forums

Topic: Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney: confirmed for West

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

Singularity

http://www.gamesradar.com/tgs-2011-professor-layton-vs-ace-at...

Despite co-developer Level 5's absence from TGS, we received today a titillating bit of paper from Capcom's booth on the show floor. It's an English-language press release for Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, and while details about the game are still sparse, the release contains some promising hints that all but confirm that the game will see a release outside of Japan. For one, it notes that "English names are TBD," which obviously suggests that there are plans to localize the game for English-speaking territories.
Furthermore, the English-language press release lists the title of the game as Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, which is the first time we've actually seen official documentation that refers to the title of the game using the franchises' English-language names. MSRP is also listed as TBD.
While we wait for a more official confirmation, let's gaze upon the first screenshots just released today.

So, this is very good news. I'm not entirely sold on the 3D models, but I'm still excited as hell. With luck if this sells well (due to the ever-popular Layton) then more people here will actually become interested in Ace Attorney, and we'll get any future titles.

Singularity

Knux

Holy eff, this will be an instant purchase from me.

Knux

ToadFan

Yes!

I'm so excited now, I was worried it wouldn't make a US, UK, & AUS Release..

ToadFan

JayArr

Untitled

[insert 25 Cents here to play]

thesmorganator

JayArr wrote:

Untitled

currently playing: Nintendogs + catsPilotwings resortPikmin 2

games I have 100% completed

Kirby mouse attack

Link Mah Boi~

Squadalah~~ We're off!

My youtube channel

[CENTER][url=http://www.no...

Eel

I know what my first Professor Layton game will be then.

Also, Holy 3D Ace Attorney characters, Batman!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

kkslider5552000

I had hoped so, this is the only upcoming Capcom game I wanted that HASN'T been cancelled or confirmed to not be localized.

watch as the story is heavily influenced by whatever happens in Edgeworth 2. That would be hilarious and sad.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

HandheldGuru97

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Thank you Level 5 thank you Capcom!!! I can sort of forgive you now.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

komicturtle

I have a feeling that Facebook poll by Level 5 international had some influence on this...

I even posted it here two months ago and on one seemed interested lol

But glad it's coming here.

komicturtle

Buster13

Brilliant news! Probably won't be released westward until 2013 considering the translation doesn't seem to have begun yet, and Mask of Miracle is probably first in line, but still great to (mostly) know it's coming!

Now all I need are confirmed localizations of the two Monster Hunters, Fire Emblem, and Good People Die, and then me and my 3DS will be all set!

Flipnote Code: Right, Down, A, Up,B, Right, Left, X

jester94

question.
iv never played an ace attorney or professor layton game before, do you think this might be a good place to start getting into these genre's?

Edited on by jester94

(3DS FC) 4468-1141-2979
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkJesterOfArkham94?feature=mhee
i post club nintendo code's.
i only troll at Komic store's & at Komic Kon.

Singularity

NO!

GO AND PLAY PHOENIX WRIGHT: ACE ATTORNEY NOW! You can thank me later.

I'm jealous that you've yet to experience how amazing they are. You've got so many epic moments ahead. Buy Ace Attorney 1, pop it in and game your little heart out. Ace Attorney isn't the sort of series you can just 'get into' with a sequel; you need to start at the beginning.

As for Layton, you should probably play the other games but it won't be the end of the world if you don't. But you need to play the other AA games.

Singularity

theblackdragon

zezhyrule wrote:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS thank you so much

why is tbd messing with the english names and prices?

BECAUSE I CAN
/me gleefully begins renaming PW characters at random

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

TheBaconator

Good. If the game wasn't going to be localized I would have thrown my 3DS out the window.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.