Project STEAM (3DS)
Xenoblade Chronicles (N3DS)
Majora's Mask 3D (N3DS)
New Pokémon X/Y (N3DS)
New New Super Mario Bros. (N3DS)
New Metroid (N3DS)
New Nintendo Land (N3DS)
SNES and GBA VC (N3DS)

Then in 2016 the New New Nintendo 3DS will launch with New New New Super Mario Bros

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Bolt_Strike

iKhan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I think that the Prime series is probably over, and they'll probably start a new Metroid series of sorts for the HD era.

Well they confirmed they're keeping the gameplay style, but the plot probably won't stay the same.

When did they say that? Last I heard they were in early planning stages and that's all we know.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/16/nintendo-hints-at-new-metroid-p...

They clearly specify the Classic gameplay and Prime gameplay and say that they want to make games for each of those styles.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I think that the Prime series is probably over, and they'll probably start a new Metroid series of sorts for the HD era.

Well they confirmed they're keeping the gameplay style, but the plot probably won't stay the same.

When did they say that? Last I heard they were in early planning stages and that's all we know.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/16/nintendo-hints-at-new-metroid-p...

They clearly specify the Classic gameplay and Prime gameplay and say that they want to make games for each of those styles.

I wouldn't call it confirmed, but yeah it does seem they are going that way. Must have missed that quote.

Darn, I wanted a 3rd Person Metroid, 1st person doesn't sit well with me.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

sub12
  • Fossil Fighters Frontier (3ds, spring 2015)
  • Code Name: S.T.E.A.M (3ds, may 2015)
  • Wario Ware Title (3ds, quasi party game for the year)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (n3ds, launch game, spring 2015)
  • 2D Metroid (n3ds, big killer app fall title to make us buy a n3ds, help promote Retro's 2016 Metroid on the Wii U)
  • Pokémon X2/Y2 (big fall title that is compatable with the older 3ds)
  • GBA and SNES VC titles (n3ds, big perk for the n3ds, first party VC games on the regular 3ds will cease )

Edited on by sub12

sub12

Sportsfan1712

I am getting tired of people wanting another Metroid Prime. It was a great series (and I LOVED it) , but in all honesty it probably ended after the 3rd one. If we get a new metroid game, 3ds or Wii U, it will most likely be the start of a new series

Sup

MsJubilee

sub12 wrote:

Another pokemon game? That's crazy if Nintendo makes another one just to get cash and it will be sad too see Pokemon turn into assassins creed and COD releasing every year.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Bolt_Strike

Sportsfan1712 wrote:

I am getting tired of people wanting another Metroid Prime. It was a great series (and I LOVED it) , but in all honesty it probably ended after the 3rd one. If we get a new metroid game, 3ds or Wii U, it will most likely be the start of a new series

I don't think the storyline really matters that much (except for that one bonus scene with what looks like Sylux's ship chasing Samus), what people want to see is a continuation of the gameplay style.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

sub12

Sportsfan1712 wrote:

To be honest, I hope the Retro/Monster rumors regarding a new Diddy Kong Racing are true........a EAD backed 2D Metroid title on the 3DS would be amazing as well.

Edited on by sub12

sub12

MsJubilee

sub12 wrote:

Sportsfan1712 wrote:

To be honest, I hope the Retro/Monster rumors regarding a new Diddy Kong Racing are true........a EAD backed 2D Metroid title on the 3DS would be amazing as well.

Both games would be amazing if they ever come out, and i wish they do cause for me the 3DS line up next year is pretty dead.But that's me.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Storytime7

midnafanboy wrote:

sub12 wrote:

Another pokemon game? That's crazy if Nintendo makes another one just to get cash and it will be sad too see Pokemon turn into assassins creed and COD releasing every year.

Considering there has been a main series game released almost each year for the past 5-6 years, it wouldn't be that surprising to see.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Bolt_Strike

Storytime7 wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

sub12 wrote:

Considering there has been a main series game released almost each year for the past 5-6 years, it wouldn't be that surprising to see.

That's because internationally we went from having a 6 month delay in localization to having a simultaneous worldwide release, it doesn't really reflect Game Freak's development habits. The Japanese schedule is more accurate, and Japan got a break in 2011 between BW1 and BW2. So it's not quite an annualized series yet, although it's pretty close.

Bolt_Strike

Storytime7

Bolt_Strike wrote:

That's because internationally we went from having a 6 month delay in localization to having a simultaneous worldwide release, it doesn't really reflect Game Freak's development habits. The Japanese schedule is more accurate, and Japan got a break in 2011 between BW1 and BW2. So it's not quite an annualized series yet, although it's pretty close.

I know it's not exactly correct to say the series is annualized, but it's close enough at this point. I'm also aware that several of the games before X and Y took months to be released overseas.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

19Robb92

Advance Wars 3DS
Pokemon Z
Great Detective Pikachu
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Project S.T.E.A.M
TLoZ: Majoras Mask 3D

And hopefully we'll get Monolith Soft's original 3DS title as well, whatever it is.
Untitled

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.