Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 761 to 777 of 777

Calllack

@Bolt_Strike: The Zygarde forms means there can't be a Gen 7. But Mageana must go SOMEWHERE, so I expect a Gen 6.5 like ZX and ZY. Another piece of evidence pointing towards this is the different colours of Zygarde core found in the animé, one being blue and the other being red. The two colours, however, are both present in the Zygarde 100% forme. This points to a singular title of Z, which is supported in turn by the developer - I forget who - having said that he wants things to be different and varied. A singular title after having a number of paired releases - four in a row (BW, BW2, XY, ORAS) - would certainly not follow trends.

~~~~

Calllack

My Nintendo: Cal | Nintendo Network ID: Calllack

Calllack

@Aarod_Kong: But the Zygarde formes, the Zygarde formes! Are you trying to tell me that they're going to release Pokémon Z in Gen 7?

~~~~

Calllack

Bolt_Strike

Aarod_Kong wrote:

Sorry about that. 😅 I meant expanded regional Pokédex (adding older Pokémon like Growlithe and Joltik to Kalos). They do this with every third installment, right?

I'm well aware of what gen 6.5 means. 😁

Thing is though, Sinnoh and Unova needed older Pokemon added. Sinnoh had major variety issues in its dex and several types like Fire, Electric, and Ice were lacking (heck, if you didn't pick Chimchar in DP, your only option for Fire types is Ponyta). Unova was initially designed to be a reboot that tried to recreate the experience of having a crop of entirely new Pokemon, but that was met with mixed reception so they added in some older Pokemon. As for Kalos? The Dex is already loaded with older Pokemon, so there's not much benefit to adding more. If there's any problems with the Kalos Dex, it's that there's too few new ones, so if they're not doing a Gen 6.5 they're better off not touching the Kalos Dex.

Aarod_Kong wrote:

Aarod_Kong wrote:

Magearna could be a preview to gen 7 like Lucario was for gen 4.

@Calllack: You do know that Game Freak has always revealed Pokémon long before their gens come to light (Ho-oh being the first)?

You do know that they stopped doing that after Gen 4? The first 5th gen Pokemon revealed (Zorua and Zoroark) were only revealed 2 months before BW were, and the first 6th gen Pokemon revealed (the starters and mascots) were revealed in the same trailer that the games were revealed in. So what's the sense in going back to what they did in Gen 4? Especially in this day and age where people have short attention spans and tend to forget or become impatient when a Pokemon is revealed long before the game they're promoting?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Aarod_Kong wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: What if they expand the region (new routes, caves, towns, etc.) without introducing new Pokémon? Wouldn't it be better to add older ones who weren't part of the original Kalos dex to fill those new areas instead of using mon that are already obtainable in older sections of the game?

There'd be no problem with that. Kalos' distribution is so incredibly clustered that they could stand to spread things out more.

Aarod_Kong wrote:

Even if it was just a small handful of them, the game would benefit by giving the player more options. Variety is the spice of life.

There is such a thing as too much variety, at a certain point the player gets overwhelmed and has more options than they know what to do with. Kalos is already at that point. So adding in more older Pokemon purely for the sake of variety is completely foolish, it's not worth their effort. They should only add more Kalos Dex Pokemon if they're completely new ones, because then they can stand out and would help market the games.

Aarod_Kong wrote:

Forgot that there was nothing for Gen 6... My bad... As for Zorua and Zoroark, they still count as previews to a generation of games that people didn't know existed yet (we just didn't have to wait as long). If Magearna is 7th gen, I'm sure Game Freak will find ways to keep fans interested in her.

You specified Pokemon that were introduced long before their generation was announced. Two months is not "long before", it was a part of BW's marketing schedule. So that doesn't count as a Lucario situation.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

nathantolife

If you want to see how i think it could be, show me your email address and i'll send it to you.

nathantolife

LaserdiscGal

@Nathantolife I'm going to ask nicely that you don't ask for peoples personal information, it makes you look a tad suspicious

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Calllack

@Waluigi: my thoughts exactly

also, about that new pokémon direct. Anyone else thinking it's gotta be Z this time for sure?

~~~~

Calllack

Tyranexx

Calllack wrote:

@Waluigi: my thoughts exactly

also, about that new pokémon direct. Anyone else thinking it's gotta be Z this time for sure?

I think it's Pokemon Z, though I wouldn't be surprised if they threw in another Pokemon related thing.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Bolt_Strike

Calllack wrote:

Definitely. It's very rare that we get main series Pokemon news in a Direct. This has to be something big.

Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Trademarks in europe for Pokemon Sun and Moon have been leaked.

This is either a Pokemon gray/delta emerald case or what will be seen in the directs. This is unique in that these are two games being trademarked.

@DefHalan oops.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

@MegaBeedrill: There is another thread already talking about it, but they are trying not to spoil it for those that don't want to know

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Kylo_Ren

Well this was a nice, fun thread, and I enjoyed it while it last, but now since Z is not coming out, I guess it is time for this thread to be locked.

Kylo_Ren

LaserdiscGal

Kylo_Ren wrote:

Well this was a nice, fun thread, and I enjoyed it while it last, but now since Z is not coming out, I guess it is time for this thread to be locked.

The discussion can remain open for a bit, there's always a tiny chance this will happen.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Calllack

@Waluigi: I guess so, but if they officially say that Sun/Moon is Gen 7, then Z will probably never happen. The mystery remains as to whether the Zygarde formes are ever going to appear in a Pokémon game.

Edited on by Calllack

~~~~

Calllack

crimsontadpoles

Calllack wrote:

I guess so, but if they officially say that Sun/Moon is Gen 7, then Z will probably never happen. The mystery remains as to whether the Zygarde formes are ever going to appear in a Pokémon game.

I'm sure we'll get the Zygarde formes at some point. They wouldn't make such a big deal out of them if they weren't ever going to appear in the games.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

SCRAPPER392

They just need to make sure Professor Oak gets captured and Team Rocket comes back. Then I'll be ready for Pokemon Colloseum 3.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.