Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 561 to 580 of 777

IceClimbers

@Aromaiden: There hasn't been much to talk about regarding Z. Only thing we can really do is discuss what we'd like to see to improve upon X/Y. Or what new Megas we'd like/expect to see.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

Morpheel wrote:

Well, Z will most likely have a lot to do with X and Y.

Just a hunch.

Gasp!

Are you Psychic?

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

-Green-

Morpheel wrote:

Well, Z will most likely have a lot to do with X and Y.

Just a hunch.

You don't say. -_-
(Just to clarify, my original statement was a rhetorical question.)

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Araquanid

Inb4 Z has absolutely nothing to do with x/y because we now have a legendary that consist of 5 new known forms.

When we think of "successors" we just think of what the new title will do to improve the previous title's flaws, which unforunately, there are plenty of to talk about and come up with solutions for.

.. but unforunately again, solutions can't really be made in pokemon's case. gen 6 will always have the mellow graphics until gen 7, (which may transfer over like DPPHGSS sprites remained the same for BW), and so the only real improvement Z could offer would just be post game and story line.. which we've already discussed to death before.

Unless you want to start speculating what new megas we'll be getting. (Clawitzer, avalugg, goodra, and florges look like good canidates, I don't have high hopes for the starters after the ashninja reveal..)

..or perhaps what we'll see in the corocoro leak any day now.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

-Green-

I personally really like the new graphics.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

IceClimbers

Watch them troll us by giving a bunch of Hoenn Pokemon Megas, and only a few from the other regions.

Kylo_Ren

Aromaiden wrote:

I personally really like the new graphics.

Me too. I find them more modern, and it was the only way forward compared to the backwards graphics of Pre-gen 5.

Kylo_Ren

Bolt_Strike

I don't think we'll see a lot of 6th gen Megas. Probably just the starters and legendaries. Aside from some counterparts missing Megas (Butterfree, Slowking, Froslass), it's hard to tell exactly what Megas we'll be getting, they could do pretty much anything. I think Electric is pretty underrepresented in terms of Megas though, it's tied with Ice for the least Megas per type. Mega Electrode, Mega Electivire, or Mega Luxray would be good choices there, and I'd personally like to see Mega Zebstrika or Mega Galvantula at some point. I think we'll also get a lot of 1st gen Megas because of Kanto nostalgia, but we'll probably see more of a mix of 2nd, 4th, and 5th gen Megas with it. So maybe something like this:

Mega Chestnaught
Mega Delphox
Ash Greninja/whatever this is
Mega Butterfree
Mega Clefable
Mega Machamp
Mega Golem
Mega Electrode
Mega Snorlax
Mega Dragonite
Mega Crobat
Mega Sunflora
Mega Skarmory
Mega Slowking
Mega Flygon
Mega Froslass
Mega Luxray
Mega Roserade
Mega Liepard
Mega Chandelure
Mega Haxorus
Mega/whatever Xerneas
Mega/whatever Yveltal

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

LzWinky

I love the idea of Mega Whatever Xerneas

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Araquanid

I can see a lot of those being possibilies.

I agree that gen 6 won't see the mega train quite yet, but with maybe a couple randoms thrown in like mega florges (fairy/grass would be fitting for it), clawitzer (I get its a pistol shrimp, I own two of them as pets and I can say they definitely have only one pistol like claw (they don't kill anything though, that's bs) but if we're speaking of what evolution even means, than I could see them evolving to have two "guns", or in this case, mega clawitzer to have a symetrical appearence. It didn't even get a hidden ability or duel type like dragalge, it's counterpart.). I would say goodra could get a mega, but after the anime pretty much gave ash one of the most loved gen 6 dragons and then just got thrown away after a couple episodes, it seems unlikely that they even care for it. Avalugg looks like something half made, it seems like a good canidate for a mega like camerupt almost.

Flygon/milotic may be thrown in because they finally settled on something for it, or fan demanding eventually persauded them to continue trying with it. (It's a shame that the majority of flygon results in google images is memes instead of artwork..)

@Iceclimbers in a way that wouldn't be the worse thing to happen. Considering the majority of megas a lot of people wanted to see in hoenn, were ignored for other things that really didn't need megas. (Flygon, Milotic, Slaking, Ninjask, Meteorites, Regis, Tropius, Chimecho, Fossils, Castform, mightyena, ludicolo, shiftry, Exploud, Breloom... just look at the hoenn dex and you'll see it's pretty filled with sucky pokemon without megas and already good ones with megas.) I love beedrill, but let's be honest it would've been better to give dustox a mega in their own regional remakes instead of something from kanto... how about mega swellow, peliper, seems like great regional bird megas right? Nah let's give it to pidgeot and ignore them.

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

I think we'll see something like this:

Mega Chesnaught
Mega Delphox
Mega Greninja
Mega Butterfree
Mega Arcanine
Mega Primeape
Mega Tentacruel
Mega Dragonite
Mega Crobat
Mega Lanturn
Mega Slowking
Mega Donphan
Mega Flygon
Mega Roserade
Mega Luxray
Mega Dusknoir
Mega Froslass
Mega Scrafty
Mega Haxorus
Mega Galvantula
Mega Hydreigon
Mega Avalugg

Not sure they'd give Xerneas/Yveltal Megas. Also, I wonder if they'd give other region's starters Megas. Mega Meganium/Typhlosion/Feraligatr would be awesome.

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

Not sure they'd give Xerneas/Yveltal Megas. Also, I wonder if they'd give other region's starters Megas. Mega Meganium/Typhlosion/Feraligatr would be awesome.

I'm not sure we'll see 2nd gen Megas until 7th gen, they already need to give the 1st and 6th gen starters attention in Z, throwing 2nd in as well seems like a little much.

Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Or replace 1st gen starters with johto/sinnoh/unova starters all together.

Or multiple points in the game when you can pick one from each.

All I know is, they better not give us a mega zard and mega mewtwo Z...

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Or replace 1st gen starters with johto/sinnoh/unova starters all together.

Or multiple points in the game when you can pick one from each.

All I know is, they better not give us a mega zard and mega mewtwo Z...

That would require them to retool the Kalos Dex, and there'd be no real point in changing anything about it unless they're willing to introduce brand new Pokemon in Z.

Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Corocoro just leaked,

All it says is that Shiny Yveltal and Xerneas are going to be distributed, and nonshiny regular zygarde will get an event too. There is literally nothing special about the zygarde, except it's in a cherish ball.

October 29th Shiny Xerneas is released and November 5th Shiny Yveltal is released. November 12th the Cherish ball Zygarde is released. All via Serial code.

I'm glad they're released, they're pretty cool shinies.. I wish shiny zygarde was released though..

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

KO-Cub

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Ash Greninja/whatever this is

I agree, what is this? And why you no mention Mega Hydriegon?

IceClimbers wrote:

Mega Hydreigon

Good boi. But I see no Goodra either. Cause I wanna see a war of the Psuedo's.

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I'm not sure we'll see 2nd gen Megas until 7th gen, they already need to give the 1st and 6th gen starters attention in Z, throwing 2nd in as well seems like a little much.

Well, what's stopping them from reverting every gen into Gen 6 with Mega's before creating Gen 7 inviting more Pokemon and mechanics. It's even possible they could be like "Pokemon XY2 and then later you get Gen 2 remake." Then later after that they make Z then Gen 4 or some s**t. They've already re-screwed the lore and things with Mega-evolution. Best just calm this storm before making another.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Bolt_Strike

KO-Cub wrote:

And why you no mention Mega Hydriegon?

Because I don't see them adding more than 1 pseudo legend, and of the three left Dragonite is the most popular.

KO-Cub wrote:

Well, what's stopping them from reverting every gen into Gen 6 with Mega's before creating Gen 7 inviting more Pokemon and mechanics. It's even possible they could be like "Pokemon XY2 and then later you get Gen 2 remake." Then later after that they make Z then Gen 4 or some s**t. They've already re-screwed the lore and things with Mega-evolution. Best just calm this storm before making another.

Unlikely. The data shows room for only 2 other games to be compatible with 6th gen, and one of them may be Pokemon Go. Plus with the NX on the horizon they may not have time for another 3DS game. The game after Z will almost certainly be 7th gen.

Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

To be fair, X/Y and ORAS both introduced 2 Pseudos each (Garchomp and tyranitar, Metagross and Salamence respectively.)

It's possible they may just give the other 3 megas in Z just to "get them over with".

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

To be fair, X/Y and ORAS both introduced 2 Pseudos each (Garchomp and tyranitar, Metagross and Salamence respectively.)

It's possible they may just give the other 3 megas in Z just to "get them over with".

I don't think they want to get them over with, they'll probably want to spread them out across as many games as possible.

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Bolt_Strike wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I don't think they want to get them over with, they'll probably want to spread them out across as many games as possible.

I could maybe see them giving Megas to say, Dragonite and Goodra, and then in Gen 7 giving Megas to Hydreigon and the new pseudo legend, assuming they only introduce one and not two.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.