Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 301 to 320 of 777

nf_2

My biggest complaints from Pokemon series have always come from the lack of interesting things to do in the games, which includes the story. I would much rather the main story be very basic, like in Gens I and II, but with tons of side stories to do that allow you to learn more about (and catch) legendaries. Even more than catching legendaries, I'd like for other trainers to have legendaries so you have to fight a full team along with a legendary to be able to obtain them.

The difficulty is something that really won't change unless they decide to smarten the AI a little, remove the option to switch in trainer battles after fainting a Pokemon (as a standard option), or (my favorite option) scale levels to the ones you have in your team (Final Fantasy 8 did this and I really liked it).

I'm fine with mega evolution because of how limited they really are. You can only use one per battle, so it's not like you're going to have a team full of Megas. You still need to properly build a team, and having Megas as an option only gives you more to think about. I don't really care about how Megas have even further reduced the number of viable Pokemon thanks to massive power creeps, but I can deal with that if things get balanced out a little better.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

Araquanid

There just needs to be more creative things to do that feel more rewarding...

X/Y = Find zygarde easily in terminus cave, do nothing to unlock it but go through a normal cave..
OR/AS = Get latios, latias, rayquaza and deoxys forced on you, all the legends are captured through the same boring rings over and over again, the regis are nothing new like they used to be in RSE (atleast rayquaza had a tricky sky tower in these games)

Going back...
Platinum: Cresselia has a cool little event involving talking to a boy, and then finding it roaming. Rotom, not a legend like BW's volcarona, but still creatively hidden in the TV. Giratina in DP, had a maze before finding him (unlike zygarde which again, is a regular cave). Heatran, had a whole post game stark mountain event...

Anyway, my point is there is less effort to appreciate your reward in the current gen games.. everything feels thrown at you, while in past games, when you do find something it's like "oh wow! this was hard to find.. must be pretty special!"

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Sleepingmudkip

It felt like the people who did gen 3 through 5 did not make gen 6 to be honest.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

It felt like the people who did gen 3 and 4 did not make gen 5 and 6 to be honest.

Fixed.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

crimsontadpoles

What I'd like to see most in the next game is more trickier exploration. Something I disliked about X and Y was was that a lot of the routes were very linear compared to previous games, making it very easy to get to the next area. Also, the recent caves didn't seem as tricky as the likes of Seafoam Islands, Mount Silver, Mount Coronet, or most of the Victory Roads before 6th gen.

I love mazes in video games and I love trying to find the exit, as well as looking in every side route. It seems that GameFreak are trying to appeal to casual gamers so I doubt they'll do challenging routes anytime soon.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

IceClimbers

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

It felt like the people who did gen 1 and 2 did not make gen 3, 4, 5 and 6 to be honest.

Fixed.

Fixed.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

It felt like the people who did gen 1 and 2 did not make gen 3, 4, 5 and 6 to be honest.

Fixed.

Fixed.

No you didn't.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Do people on here not know the meaning of the word "joke"?

Yeah, it's probably Eternal Flower Floette.

Bolt_Strike

LaserdiscGal

I got the joke, but honestly it's plausible as well (similar to my cartridge joke on the no disk drive thread).

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

DefHalan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Do people on here not know the meaning of the word "joke"?

Yeah, it's probably Eternal Flower Floette.

I wasn't even addressing what you said, I just quoted you to have the link there because that is what I was addressing. I was just too lazy to delete your joke.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

Yeah, that's referring to Eternal Flower Floette most likely.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Araquanid

It's also worth noting that Xerneas is a tree and Yveltal is a flower. (Somehow yveltal's wings are petals.)

If the guy took that "eight months from now" thing seriously, he might be hinting at AZ's floetta will be a major thing. Having AZ's floetta be a thing for "Z" would be way too soon.. unless Z will have split up verisons, come out in eight months, and somehow zygarde is themed off a plant as well.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Sleepingmudkip

Hopefully this means Z will have a nicely fleshed out story lines

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Hendesu

Is Z even a thing? Has Nintendo ever confirmed it?

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Sisilly_G

NightmareEater wrote:

No. It's all fan speculation at this point.

I was expecting Pokémon Z to be released this year only because I figured that since 1 new main series Pokémon game has been released every year for the past 4 years that a new fifth consecutive entry would have been unrealistic. I assumed that the time and costs involved in developing Pokémon Z would have been negligible, and that it would have been released by the end of this year, perhaps exclusively for the New 3DS (taking advantage of the system's superior processing power to enable 3D throughout most, if not all of the game, without frame rate drops). Had Z been released in this fashion, then it would have appeased hardcore Pokémon fans without completely isolating those who have already played X and/or Y (as Z would not have been considered a must-have or a particularly substantial upgrade except for only the most obsessive of Pokémon players), while also giving on-the-fencers an excuse to splurge on a New 3DS. From a business perspective, I thought it would have been a very sensible way to quickly accumulate New 3DS users in the marketplace, but it seems that my predictions were incorrect.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Bolt_Strike

NightmareEater wrote:

We're at a point now where everyone knows it's coming but we're still waiting on an official confirmation. They've been dropping a lot of hints towards an upcoming game starring Zygarde, they've shown us a silhouette of a new Zygarde form as well as some kind of green blob thing, there's an upcoming Mega Evolution special in the anime starring Zygarde, and now this. We're just playing the waiting game now.

Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

They could still enable full 3D everywhere without making it N3DS exclusive. They could've done it in x/y, framerate might have dropped.. but there really wasn't any reason why we couldn't use it if we wanted regardless of the framerate, instead we didn't have the option at all as they simply didn't add it.

If they enabled more 3D in "Z", then it'd run better on the N3DS, and give players the option to play the game on the regular 3DS without turning the 3D on in those specific areas.

My Shinies

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.