Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 141 to 160 of 777

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Wait, I'm confused. Game Freak never announced Pokemon Z, but people know it exists?

We have a hint that it exists. The thing is, movies usually promote new games and release around the same time as one, and Zygarde hasn't had any kind of promotion anywhere in the franchise yet. So that's a pretty strong indication that Zygarde will be the mascot in a 2016 main game.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Nintendo_Ninja

@Bolt_Strike: oh, ok. In that case, I think Z just won't happen. It's already July (2 months after OR AS were announced last year). And Gamefreak haven't had a break in 4 years. They have to have one eventually. I think it will be Kyrem all over again.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Araquanid

How would it be kyurem all over again? BW didn't bother with any remakes, so they just skipped right to the follow up titles revolved around the third main legend trio pokemon.

I'm looking at this in the case of giratina. We knew about pokemon platinum before we knew about giratina's origin form debut in the sky warrior. If zygarde's trailer is imminent for the next movie, either 1: They have to show us a corocoro reveal of the new forms (mega diancie for example, we got it's mega reveal for oras before it's movie reveal.), or 2: Only show the current zygarde for the upcoming trailers, and then months later game reveal, then movie debut reveal. They might just give us a teaser for now, and then months later actually give us information, like we didn't know hoopa would be in this current movie.. just the weather trio at the time after the diancie movie was out.

In regards to the delay in months, tbh I think it indicates nothing. It could mean additional development time since they technically do need alot of time to come up with new megas, new features for x/y, etc. a month or two off isn't exactly a dramatic delay either.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: oh, ok. In that case, I think Z just won't happen. It's already July (2 months after OR AS were announced last year). And Gamefreak haven't had a break in 4 years. They have to have one eventually. I think it will be Kyrem all over again.

I didn't say it would be Z. Considering that there are two unreleased moves out there which appear to be Zygarde signatures, I think XY2 is more likely. Also, Game Freak is already taking a break this year. XY2 will be next year.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

How would it be kyurem all over again? BW didn't bother with any remakes, so they just skipped right to the follow up titles revolved around the third main legend trio pokemon.

I'm looking at this in the case of giratina. We knew about pokemon platinum before we knew about giratina's origin form debut in the sky warrior. If zygarde's trailer is imminent for the next movie, either 1: They have to show us a corocoro reveal of the new forms (mega diancie for example, we got it's mega reveal for oras before it's movie reveal.), or 2: Only show the current zygarde for the upcoming trailers, and then months later game reveal, then movie debut reveal. They might just give us a teaser for now, and then months later actually give us information, like we didn't know hoopa would be in this current movie.. just the weather trio at the time after the diancie movie was out.

In regards to the delay in months, tbh I think it indicates nothing. It could mean additional development time since they technically do need alot of time to come up with new megas, new features for x/y, etc. a month or two off isn't exactly a dramatic delay either.

Probably the second one, it's too early to be showing off the new forms.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Watch there be no DexNav type feature at all. Wouldn't surprise me - Game Freak has a history of introducing a great feature in one game and then removing it in the next.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

Watch there be no DexNav type feature at all. Wouldn't surprise me - Game Freak has a history of introducing a great feature in one game and then removing it in the next.

If there's anything from ORAS I'm expecting to stay, it's the DexNav. They already have the Pokeradar in XY, so they don't need to do much work to carry it over.

Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Unforunately I don't think the dexnav will make a return.. dexnaving was sorta one of Hoenn's Gimmicks. Kalos doesn't particularly have any need for dexnaving. (Especially when every pokemon (bar a couple prebank ones) is still obtainable without it.)

I think Z/XZYZ/X2Y2 will just be exactly the same as x/y except some expansion around kiloude city and maybe if we're lucky, battle frontier.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

I'll just leave this here:
Untitled

CoroCoro leaks. I'm pretty sure those are Zygarde form(s)!

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

KO-Cub

Bew bew, bew bew bew bew bewwww, bew bew... YEAAYEA YEAAHH!
Bew bew, bew bew bew bew bewwww, POKEBALL Z!
Catch 'em! Catch 'em! Gotta Catch 'em! Gotta Catch 'em, ALLL-YEALL-YEALL!
Catch 'em! Catch 'em! Gotta Catch 'em! Train them EV's!
Pokeball Z

P.s. Not sorry.
P.s.s. Worth it.
P.s.s.s. Not too soon.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

PrincessSugoi

I had already made peace with the fact that "Z" wasn't coming this year... AND THEN THEY DO THIS. STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS FFFUUUU.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

KO-Cub

It just came to me! What if it was the Original Dragon from the BW/BW2 series?

Araquanid

They should've called him Zygod. It looks very humanoid in that form.. tbh I expected a cooler looking snake like appearence rather than that... I know it's just a faded image, but really, it's just so odd looking.

It clearly is zygarde, judging the glowing spots on the third image, the geometry of his body parts, etc... it's just doesn't look like a Z anymore...

I hope some kind of good backstory comes with this form cause if this is all zygarde is getting appearence wise, I'd a tad bit disappointed atm until I see more.

(hopefully a second form is on it's way..)

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

LoveSugoi wrote:

I had already made peace with the fact that "Z" wasn't coming this year... AND THEN THEY DO THIS. STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS FFFUUUU.

At this point I'm thinking the theory that the next game will release on the 20th anniversary may not be so Farfetch'd. It's kind of late to announce a 2015 game.

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike: Wouldn't they want to do something more special for 20th anniversary though like a yellow remake?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Bolt_Strike: Wouldn't they want to do something more special for 20th anniversary though like a yellow remake?

They don't really care too much about anniversaries. The fact that we're getting a game at all on the 20th anniversary is big, usually they only celebrate anniversaries with merchandise or events.

Bolt_Strike

KO-Cub

I thought they make special episodes or movies on the anniversaries?

Araquanid

I'm just wondering... if zygarde is getting only one new form. With that new design, it would seem very odd for him to have another counterpart form to resemble that... it looks way too overdesigned from it's base form. Unless that's a mega, from one of zygarde's mega evolutions? A Mega Mega?

My Shinies

Araquanid

Here's something worth noting...

Untitled

Does that head look familiar?

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.