Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 121 to 140 of 777

DefHalan

Nintendo-Freak04 wrote:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/pok%C3%A9mon-z-release-date-here...
I read this article but I doubt that it will be Announced In E3 2015 but I'm curious what other people think of this Article?

I haven't read the article yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't be announced at E3. Seems like any announcements now would feel like a waste with E3 just around the corner.

Read the article, no new or interesting information. It is all things that we know and expresses the reasons why most people think we will see Pokemon Z this year. The article is completely skip-able in my opinion.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Blast

No... No.... Kalos still isn't finished. This is what I wanna see: Battle Frontier in Kalos, more player customization, Zygarde becomes Giratina's successor aka an even greater story and brings us back to Distortion World, Lysandre either stays gone or comes back as a guy to beat after you become the Pokemon Champion... in other words, he isn't the main villian. And let us see visit another region for a locale spot or something. Maybe we visit Unova for a cool moment or something.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo-Freak04 wrote:

I read this article but I doubt that it will be Announced In E3 2015 but I'm curious what other people think of this Article?

Wrong on both counts. They can still follow the 3D naming scheme with sequels by calling them X ^2 and Y^2 (and for bonus points, stylize the 2's to look like Z's). Also, patterns don't always hold and there's another conflicting pattern of not having more than 3 games in a row (in the West this pattern broke because of the shift to a worldwide release, but in Japan this pattern is still very much alive with them getting a break in 2011 in between BW1 and BW2), we've already had BW2, XY, and ORAS, so by that pattern this year should be a break year. Really there's stronger evidence against Z happening this year than there is for it, there's nothing for them to promote event wise with a new game since everything in the upcoming movie can be obtained in ORAS, and even when we do get the next Kalos game it's probably going to be a dual release since there are two unreleased moves for Zygarde which hint towards new forms, as well as a pair of unreleased games which are compatible with XY and ORAS.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Nintendo-Freak04 wrote:

Wrong on both counts. They can still follow the 3D naming scheme with sequels by calling them X ^2 and Y^2 (and for bonus points, stylize the 2's to look like Z's). Also, patterns don't always hold and there's another conflicting pattern of not having more than 3 games in a row (in the West this pattern broke because of the shift to a worldwide release, but in Japan this pattern is still very much alive with them getting a break in 2011 in between BW1 and BW2), we've already had BW2, XY, and ORAS, so by that pattern this year should be a break year. Really there's stronger evidence against Z happening this year than there is for it, there's nothing for them to promote event wise with a new game since everything in the upcoming movie can be obtained in ORAS, and even when we do get the next Kalos game it's probably going to be a dual release since there are two unreleased moves for Zygarde which hint towards new forms, as well as a pair of unreleased games which are compatible with XY and ORAS.

They may benefit from finishing off Gen 6 this year though so that they can piggy back Pokemon's 20th anniversary next year with Gen 7.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Nintendo-Freak04 wrote:

They may benefit from finishing off Gen 6 this year though so that they can piggy back Pokemon's 20th anniversary next year with Gen 7.

Game Freak doesn't tend to celebrate anniversaries with anything more than an event, so I doubt it.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Bolt_Strike wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Nintendo-Freak04 wrote:

Game Freak doesn't tend to celebrate anniversaries with anything more than an event, so I doubt it.

The Pokemon Company on the other hand does. The 10th anniversary was a big deal. I imagine they'll treat the 20th anniversary similarly.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

MegaBeedrill wrote:

tbh, might be their best move. They need to really plan out pokemon Z. The kalos region doesn't give Z too many options like ORAS did.. ORAS had the overworld perfect for soaring, dexnav was kinda hoenn's thing, etc etc..

All kalos has is avatar customization, which unforunately isn't a major selling point.. they can introduce contest and add halls in (where? idk since there is no room in current towns.. a new area with a contest hall would fix this), as well as bring back battle frontier which they intentionally left out, however... there is no special features they could really work with like dexnav. Even pokemon following you with their overworld models would seem stretching it since there are obviously some, with their current models, that wouldn't look right (wailord and clawitzer particularly).

All "Z" can really do since ORAS did it all is expand mega evolutions, reintroduce battle frontier, carry contest over, patch up the disgustingly terrible storyline of x/y, and add a much better post game compared to a short detective dialog one which you can even skip. Then of course patch up and improve your opponents, rebattle gyms (not just at random where you pay tons for it..), E4 get better pokemon, etc. really mix things up.. replace signiture megas with new ones (diantha using mega goodra instead of gardevoir for a twist. etc)

Besides.. still waiting for my gen 6 verison of battle revolution and almost to a small degree a new pokepark as well.. Even an Orre remake would be a really interesting surprise.

We need to find a way to get you hired by Gamefreak.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Nintendo-Freak04 wrote:

The Pokemon Company on the other hand does. The 10th anniversary was a big deal. I imagine they'll treat the 20th anniversary similarly.

But none of that was game related, and Game Freak is in charge of the games.

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

Talks about the Joy of Discovery and Pokemon. I think it is a good watch for people interested. I want them to expand on this and I think creating a Console Pokemon game with a Internet connection would be a great way to do it. Making events occurs to drive that Joy of Discovery.

Araquanid

I really don't think console core series games are a good idea at all. It takes so much spirit away from the game.. Being able to bring the game everywhere you go to interact and show off with friends was always the joy of pokemon. Not to mention it would be absolutely uncomfortable to shiny hunt, or be stuck in one position all day playing it on a big game pad.. It was annoying to play on pokemon battle revolution, except the only reason you would even use battle revolution was for graphics, as most players just stayed on the cartirage.. it would only be worse now. Colosseum and XD weren't core series games, but instead spin offs with the same mechanics as core series.. if they make a game like that were it's just a spin off under the same mechanics, then fine.. the game is best left on a cartirage.

Plus, the moment your save data corrupts on the wii u, it's entirely the end of all your progression, while the carts on the 3DS can be used to make back up save data on ports like powersaves for recovery. (Which happened to me last week, were my AS just corrupted out of no where.. and luckily I had a save file on my powersaves to fix)

Plus, masuda said they will not make any core series games on the home console anyway. Just like he said they will never make DLC on a pokemon game either.

TL;DR I'm happy pacing around the house with earbuds on my 3DS battling and shiny hunting and trading with local friends.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

MegaBeedrill wrote:

TL;DR I'm happy pacing around the house with earbuds on my 3DS battling and shiny hunting and trading with local friends.

And you can still do that. My idea is to make the 3rd version (Pokemon Z) a console game which can be completely skipped since there is X/Y on portables. I just think there are things they can do with a Console that they can't do as well on Portable systems.

Araquanid

You can't make pokemon Z skippable because x/y isn't patched with any of the content that pokemon Z has (new megas, new moves, etc) it would be an absolute waste of a game and pointless to make if the sole purpose is to make it "skippable."

Heck, x/y isn't even patched with the content ORAS has.. can't stay in hoenn until the 7th generation.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

DefHalan

MegaBeedrill wrote:

You can't make pokemon Z skippable because x/y isn't patched with any of the content that pokemon Z has (new megas, new moves, etc) it would be an absolute waste of a game and pointless to make if the sole purpose is to make it "skippable."

Heck, x/y isn't even patched with the content ORAS has.. can't stay in hoenn until the 7th generation.

I think could be skippable the same way Y or Omega Ruby was skippable for me since I own X and Alpha Sapphire. You may not skip them but that doesn't make them unskippable. I think adding in a online community to the world, especially to a world you already explored, could add a lot to the game and the franchise. Home Console may not be your preferred method of playing Pokemon, but that doesn't make it bad. I see plenty of MMO elements already in Pokemon and those do fine being mainly on PC. As long as the Home Console Pokemon game focuses on features that wouldn't work as well on Portables (like online events) and Pokemon Bank is brought to the Wii U, I don't see how Pokemon Z couldn't be on the WIi U, especially if viewed as a companion game to X/Y and not a replacement game.

I am not saying this is what will happen, I am saying what I would like to see in Pokemon Z

Edited on by DefHalan

Araquanid

There is a high possibility for an early 2016 release and 2015 reveal.

"Yesterday the special preview showing, the pre-premiere, for the upcoming movie, Hoopa & The Clash of Ages was shown ahead of its release next week and from that, reports have started to come in that state that the trailer following on from the movie for the movie due to be released in Summer 2016 features the Legendary Pokémon, Zygarde. As of this time, this information just comes from second hand reports but with evidence that proves that they attended the showing, but it remains unconfirmed for now. We'll bring more on this, including confirmation, as it comes"

-Serebii http://www.serebii.net/

It's possible we get a reveal late summer 2015, and a release spring 2016 as usually a movie for a pokemon doesn't appear before it's form's debut in-game, or in the case of an event has made it's appearence through datamining or some kind. Either zygarde doesn't have forms, or we will know what it's forms are in the new game, prior to this movie's confirmed 2016 reveal. If what they're saying is true... we will be having a zygarde trailer at the end of the hoopa movie.. traditionally, the movie reveals after the games, (Platinum, then sky warrior. BW2, then sword's of justice, even mega diancie oras reveal, The last movie. etc etc)

We might get a new game reveal in corocoro perhaps with zygardes forms?

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

There is a high possibility for an early 2016 release and 2015 reveal.

"Yesterday the special preview showing, the pre-premiere, for the upcoming movie, Hoopa & The Clash of Ages was shown ahead of its release next week and from that, reports have started to come in that state that the trailer following on from the movie for the movie due to be released in Summer 2016 features the Legendary Pokémon, Zygarde. As of this time, this information just comes from second hand reports but with evidence that proves that they attended the showing, but it remains unconfirmed for now. We'll bring more on this, including confirmation, as it comes"

-Serebii http://www.serebii.net/

It's possible we get a reveal late summer 2015, and a release spring 2016 as usually a movie for a pokemon doesn't appear before it's form's debut in-game, or in the case of an event has made it's appearence through datamining or some kind. Either zygarde doesn't have forms, or we will know what it's forms are in the new game, prior to this movie's confirmed 2016 reveal. If what they're saying is true... we will be having a zygarde trailer at the end of the hoopa movie.. traditionally, the movie reveals after the games, (Platinum, then sky warrior. BW2, then sword's of justice, even mega diancie oras reveal, The last movie. etc etc)

We might get a new game reveal in corocoro perhaps with zygardes forms?

But the movie usually comes out before the new game to promote the new Pokemon, it works better that way for promotions. They show off a new Pokemon in the movie, distribute that Pokemon later, and then provide some incentive for you to transfer that Pokemon to the new game. I'm thinking this means a Fall 2016 release date, not Spring.

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo_Ninja

Wait, I'm confused. Game Freak never announced Pokemon Z, but people know it exists?

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

DefHalan

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Wait, I'm confused. Game Freak never announced Pokemon Z, but people know it exists?

More like people assume it exists.

Smash_kirby

I just want to see a reimagining of Red and green for the 3DS.

Smash_kirby

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.