Forums

Topic: Pokemon Z

Posts 101 to 120 of 777

DefHalan

1. You aren't required to transfer, with the DS games a second DS was required for the transfer process.
2. X still has plenty of content to keep me satisfied. Most of my gameplay after the Pokemon league is catching and training.
3. ORAS has possibly the most post-game content I have experienced in the Pokemon series. Delta Episode was fantastic.
Hoenn is one of the best regions in the series.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CanisWolfred

I agree with Bolt_strike that a lot of the stuff Game Freak does with Pokemon lately sucks big-time. Comparing Nintendo to EA because of one franchise is grossly overselling it, though. I just stopped buying Pokemon day one (and I would stop all together if they'd stop restricting the best Pokemon to early adopters you ****ing cheapskates adgdrdrhgh!!!). No skin off my bones. Everything unrelated to Pokemon has been fine.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Pokebank transfer is much more convient, storing pokemon in 100 additional boxes while being compatable with the new games and updatable for future installments.. and 5 dollars a year isn't bad at all. If you can't afford 5 dollars for a year then how did you even afford the 3ds. Being able to move your entire PC withen 5 minutes is sure heck of a lot easier than 6 pokemon at a time with a pointless minigame, pal park to find them all, or indivigually trading one by one. Worth 10 dollars IMHO.

I don't care about the storage, I'd be happy to pay for that. What I don't want to pay for is transfers, because it's ridiculous to pay money to transfer Pokemon I own between games that I also own. They didn't need to bundle the two together.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Oh gee um.. maybe idk because it's OMEGA RUBY and ALPHA SAPPHIRE Not delta emerald with all that cool stuff...

This argument fails when you consider the fact that HGSS included Crystal elements, which makes ORAS look inferior. Sure, there might have been more content added to Emerald, but the fact that they didn't include a single thing from Emerald still makes it inferior. At any rate, it's not just a remake of RS, people only say that to justify the lack of content. It's a remake of Hoenn as a whole, and it doesn't really do justice to Hoenn.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Perhaps the next game will introduce everything x/y lacked; Good rewarding post game, much better difficulty and trainer rematching, (i.e. e4 using better pokemon), a much more sensible story.. x/y's was horrible.. even the mega evolution story looked gimmicky and awful in x/y.. delta episode in oras patched that trainwreck beautifully..

..and included what oras didn't have; battle frontier, a better mega distribution, new areas to explore, etc.

Considering that Masuda is too busy casual pandering, and will likely do so even more now that Nintendo is entering the mobile market, I highly doubt that.

DefHalan wrote:

X still has plenty of content to keep me satisfied. Most of my gameplay after the Pokemon league is catching and training.

You have very low standards for post game then. There were a lot of people that were very disappointed by the lack of content in XY, and compared even to past gen debut games like DP and BW1 it was completely barren.

DefHalan wrote:

ORAS has possibly the most post-game content I have experienced in the Pokemon series. Delta Episode was fantastic.
Hoenn is one of the best regions in the series.

You must not have played a 4th gen game or BW2. There was a lot more content in those games. ORAS was definitely better than XY in terms of extra content but it's still a bit incomplete in that area, they're still lacking good post game areas most notably.

Also, personally I found the Pokemon selection to be lacking in ORAS, there's less total Pokemon in the game than BW2. You'd think a 6th gen Pokemon game would have something more in the range of 500, not 470ish. But that's somewhat of a nitpick.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

I have played all the Pokemon games and I feel ORAS had a lot of content. I don't need more land for more content. I just need more things to do. ORAS offers me more than other Pokemon games. There is so much in ORAS that I am not sure when I will get bored with it.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

@Bolt_Strike I'd say ORAS had more content than DP. With DP they were too busy shoving the fact that online is a thing down our throats to care much about content and properly executed content (ie: worst pacing of any Pokemon game to date, the infinite bag being a royal pain to go through, a half-baked post game area, etc). I'll give you the Sinnoh Underground though.

Platinum thankfully fixed a lot of that. Z or X2/Y2 or whatever this year's game is can do the same for Kalos.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

lkm

Why does everyone complain every Generation for example Gen 3 had too much water,Gen 4 had was really slow(given) and a really bland landscape whist Gen 5 was to linear and of course Kalos story was poor.The only Gen they didn't complain about was Gen 1 because of all the nostalgia.

lkm

Araquanid

Well gen 1 we didn't really have anything to complain about cause it was the start of pokemon. We didn't have expectations for gen 1, whereas the sequels we did have expectations and a general idea of the formula when making new games. The gen 1 remakes we didn't expect too much either cause they were the first remakes and well, they were remakes..

Gen 4 was rather slow, I've been trying to livestream a nuzlocke of it and I couldn't help but complain to get somewhere in the game already. The first hour is nothing but text and tutorials.. I suspose it picks up after the e4 when you can actually do things but other then that it was pretty slow.. but the storyline and lore was executed perfectly. HGSS wasn't as bad.

Gen 3 had too much water in gen 3. In gen 6, or ORAS you can skip most of the water routes by soaring to any route. It isn't really as much of a problem now as it was back then.

Gen 5 IMO was the best generation for me. My reasoning for this was it was a new experience. The games were isolated from past gens for the most part, no zubat and geodudes in every cave or pikachu on every CPU's team. The game felt very fresh and nostaglic while still offering plenty of content in rebattling gym leaders and a few hidden places here and there. The art style was beautiful, I loved the BW sprites more than anything. I loved how brightly colored everything was, cause again, it felt fresh and nostaglic.

Gen 6 didn't feel nostaglic at all.. the color was very bland, everything looked like it was in a sandbox, the only pokemon even close to being as vibrant as a gen 5 sprite is maybe groudon at best. Unforunately we have to put up with these models and artstyle for the rest of gen 6..

Gen 6:
Untitled
Gen 5:
Untitled
What gen 6 sprites should've been like:
Untitled

What gen 6 lacked was a new experience, we had new mechanics like mega evolution, but it was a major hit and miss. Some players dare not go on battle spot cause it's the same copy and paste primal primal rayquaza matchup. This made the experience rather stale because they turned a friendly and nice mechanic into a brutal overcentralization with just one or two of the megas.

Not to mention you encountered more past gen pokemon in x/y due to a highly versitile pokedex, which kinda ruined what I loved most about BW, the fresh feeling of putting the past behind and moving forward.. and with ORAS you're obviously not going to get that vibe since it is a remake.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

@MegaBeedrill The difference is barely noticeable.

@lkm Different preferences. I thought this was common sense? The transition from 4th to 5th gen is a very good example of how some people find fault with one generation while some find fault with another. 4th gen was a very large, explorable region, but the direction they wanted you to go in wasn't always clear and you were often required to use lots of HMs to progress, limiting your team. So if you liked exploration, you were satisfied with a full and open region, but if you didn't like exploration you would be annoyed at having to wander aimlessly and jump through hoops to progress in the game. Then 5th gen happened and they made the region more linear. That reversed the situation, the people who liked exploration were disappointed because they didn't have much choice in where to go, whereas the people who didn't liked the more streamlined approach. Large fanbases are often full of conflicting preferences like this.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Not in the slightest, the model shown was a screenshot of a pokedex 3d pokemon, which has a much more vibrant coloration and claymation modeling. Gen 6 cartirage models are not as vibrantly colored, have black outlines on them, as well as some other graphical features that I cannot quite describe perfectly. They lack that nostalga or charm you get when you view models from other titles such as battle revolution (even with some outdated ones), pokedex 3d, spin offs like pokapark, etc. Overall gen 6 models are just very very bland when pokemon is appost to be a brightly colored game generally.

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Not in the slightest, the model shown was a screenshot of a pokedex 3d pokemon, which has a much more vibrant coloration and claymation modeling. Gen 6 cartirage models are not as vibrantly colored, have black outlines on them, as well as some other graphical features that I cannot quite describe perfectly. They lack that nostalga or charm you get when you view models from other titles such as battle revolution (even with some outdated ones), pokedex 3d, spin offs like pokapark, etc. Overall gen 6 models are just very very bland when pokemon is appost to be a brightly colored game generally.

I get your point, it's just not as noticeable as you say it is. The 6th gen models aren't that bland (it would certainly be nice for the colors to feel less washed out, but I don't see it as a huge travesty).

Bolt_Strike

NinjaWaddleDee

In the past, haven't game freak announced a new pokemon game at around this time? I'm beginning to think Z won't happen until next year.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Araquanid

ORAS was announced around April or May. We got awhile to go before any confirmation of a new game this year.

My Shinies

lkm

I don't think Pokemon Z will be announced in this Direct or this year we probably have to wait until 2016

lkm

Araquanid

tbh, might be their best move. They need to really plan out pokemon Z. The kalos region doesn't give Z too many options like ORAS did.. ORAS had the overworld perfect for soaring, dexnav was kinda hoenn's thing, etc etc..

All kalos has is avatar customization, which unforunately isn't a major selling point.. they can introduce contest and add halls in (where? idk since there is no room in current towns.. a new area with a contest hall would fix this), as well as bring back battle frontier which they intentionally left out, however... there is no special features they could really work with like dexnav. Even pokemon following you with their overworld models would seem stretching it since there are obviously some, with their current models, that wouldn't look right (wailord and clawitzer particularly).

All "Z" can really do since ORAS did it all is expand mega evolutions, reintroduce battle frontier, carry contest over, patch up the disgustingly terrible storyline of x/y, and add a much better post game compared to a short detective dialog one which you can even skip. Then of course patch up and improve your opponents, rebattle gyms (not just at random where you pay tons for it..), E4 get better pokemon, etc. really mix things up.. replace signiture megas with new ones (diantha using mega goodra instead of gardevoir for a twist. etc)

Besides.. still waiting for my gen 6 verison of battle revolution and almost to a small degree a new pokepark as well.. Even an Orre remake would be a really interesting surprise.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

Bolt_Strike

MegaBeedrill wrote:

tbh, might be their best move. They need to really plan out pokemon Z. The kalos region doesn't give Z too many options like ORAS did.. ORAS had the overworld perfect for soaring, dexnav was kinda hoenn's thing, etc etc..

Eh, they could easily make Dexnav a Hoenn exclusive thing, but if they've learned their lesson from no customization in ORAS, they might carry over the Dexnav into other games.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

All kalos has is avatar customization, which unforunately isn't a major selling point.. they can introduce contest and add halls in (where? idk since there is no room in current towns.. a new area with a contest hall would fix this), as well as bring back battle frontier which they intentionally left out

Well Kalos is certainly lacking in side features, but I don't think they necessarily need to port over Hoenn features to fix that (although Contest Halls do fit Kalos and the Battle Frontier definitely needs to happen). Besides, Kalos could use its own unique mini game. I was thinking Rhyhorn racing, it's already a thing in game and it looks like they may have been trying to implement it in XY but never finished (if the track on Rt. 22 is any indication). Other than that, they could also bring back Join Avenue.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

however... there is no special features they could really work with like dexnav.

They could make Pokeradar work like the Dexnav, they just need to change it so you get it earlier in the game.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

All "Z" can really do since ORAS did it all is expand mega evolutions, reintroduce battle frontier, carry contest over, patch up the disgustingly terrible storyline of x/y, and add a much better post game compared to a short detective dialog one which you can even skip. Then of course patch up and improve your opponents, rebattle gyms (not just at random where you pay tons for it..), E4 get better pokemon, etc. really mix things up.. replace signiture megas with new ones (diantha using mega goodra instead of gardevoir for a twist. etc)

I don't think it's going to be XY with new features, they said they want to surprise people.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Besides.. still waiting for my gen 6 verison of battle revolution and almost to a small degree a new pokepark as well.. Even an Orre remake would be a really interesting surprise.

6th gen Stadium/Battle Revolution is already de-confirmed, it's redundant now that 3D graphics are no longer exclusive to those games and the content is DLC level, not really worth the $60 you'd pay for it. Orre would have to be done by someone other than Game Freak or Genius Sonority, because neither of them want to do it. The only one of these games I'd say is remotely possible is Pokepark, and I'm not even sure they want to bring that game back. They've been gutting most of their non-casual spinoffs in the last few years.

Bolt_Strike

LzWinky

Pokemon Z: Defeat the Elite Four as part of the tutorial. Then it's all post-game. The fans will love it!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

PrincessSugoi

TingLz wrote:

Pokemon Z: Defeat the Elite Four as part of the tutorial. Then it's all post-game. The fans will love it!

7/10- Too much real game

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

lkm

MegaBeedrill wrote:

All kalos has is avatar customization, which unforunately isn't a major selling point.. they can introduce contest and add halls in (where? idk since tgamess no room in current towns.. a new area with a contest hall would fix this), as well as bring back battle frontier which they intentionally left out

I was thinking Rhyhorn racing, it's already a thing in game and it looks like they may have been trying to implement it in XY but never finished (if the track on Rt. 22 is any indication). Other than that, they could also bring back Join Avenue

[/quote]

MegaBeedrill wrote:

however... there is no special features they could really work with like dexnav.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

All "Z" can really do since ORAS did it all is expand mega evolutions, reintroduce battle frontier, carry contest over, patch up the disgustingly terrible storyline of x/y, and add a much better post game compared to a short detective dialog one which you can even skip. Then of course patch up and improve your opponents, rebattle gyms (not just, at random where you pay tons for it..), E4 get better pokemon, etc. really mix things up.. replace signiture megas with new ones (diantha using mega goodra instead of gardevoir for a twist. etc)

About Battle Chateau that wasn't too bad while Battle Masion was awful and should be replaced with Frontier.For the E4 they should get 5 instead of 4 pokemon and Diantha should've get 2 megas and have more of a role in the game in kin with Steven.Another thing is the 8th gym should have a mega as he was really too easy.

Edited on by lkm

lkm

CM30

I still think they should stop the 'old game with a few extra features' thing and just move Z to a new region with new species. Seems like the most logical next step after Black and White 2, and neatly sidesteps the issues with a lack of content in Kalos.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

iKhan

CM30 wrote:

I still think they should stop the 'old game with a few extra features' thing and just move Z to a new region with new species. Seems like the most logical next step after Black and White 2, and neatly sidesteps the issues with a lack of content in Kalos.

Agreed. In an era where DLC exists, creating a 2nd version is actually pretty sleezy

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.