Forums

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Posts 9,901 to 9,920 of 18,307

Snagrio

MrPokirby wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

well I'm going to train my Shiny Aipom now(my only shiny and I really like it, plus it was from friend Safari and came with Good IVs and Nature) the only problem is the ability, Pick Up, that thing is useless. good thing I'm not after the hidden ability so going to Battle Maison(super singles they end quick and give lots of BP without needing to go far or play well) and Battle Institute to get 200BP is enough to get the one I want(I'll do this part slowly step by step, with LOTS of sidetracking to do other stuff) though the Hidden ability would have been cool, always striking 5 times in attacks that hit 2-5 times would be really neat...

I agree with what Kinsale said, but if you still plan on going out of your way to get the Ability Capsule I believe it's called, I just hope you know that it's sadly a one-use-only item, so once you use it, it's gone and you just wasted your time getting 200BP for basically nothing.

Normally I would agree since it'd be faster to just breed for offspring with a better ability, but since in this situation it's a shiny I can understand going through the trouble.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

GuSolarFlare

WingedSnagret wrote:

MrPokirby wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

well I'm going to train my Shiny Aipom now(my only shiny and I really like it, plus it was from friend Safari and came with Good IVs and Nature) the only problem is the ability, Pick Up, that thing is useless. good thing I'm not after the hidden ability so going to Battle Maison(super singles they end quick and give lots of BP without needing to go far or play well) and Battle Institute to get 200BP is enough to get the one I want(I'll do this part slowly step by step, with LOTS of sidetracking to do other stuff) though the Hidden ability would have been cool, always striking 5 times in attacks that hit 2-5 times would be really neat...

I agree with what Kinsale said, but if you still plan on going out of your way to get the Ability Capsule I believe it's called, I just hope you know that it's sadly a one-use-only item, so once you use it, it's gone and you just wasted your time getting 200BP for basically nothing.

Normally I would agree since it'd be faster to just breed for offspring with a better ability, but since in this situation it's a shiny I can understand going through the trouble.

yup and it's not like I'm trying to get it right away. I'm going to train other Pokémon while I use the battle maison and the battle institute to test my team and see if I find a way to improve it(I almost never use BP anyway so it'll end accumulating)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Snagrio

I just realized I have an Analytic Porygon. Guess I'm off to the Battle Maison to get those items to trade/evolve it with (after some breeding of course).

Snagrio

screenlurker

shiny toxicroak
lv.50 pkrs
maxed out attack and sp. def
moveset: Cross chop, Bulkup, Poison Jab, Sucker Punch
my friend code should be in my signature, please message best offer
ps. i know it doesn't know drain punch, but cross chop with bulk up n stab is v impressive

fc: 3368 2431 4413

Snagrio

Holy crap! Porygon-Z's base Speed stat is 90, and if something is faster then it is, its power is increased by 30% using the Analytic ability, punishing speedsters. Plus it can use Conversion 2 to become Ghost type when dealing with Fighting types (assuming it survives the first blow).

This thing is going on my team, no question.

Snagrio

turtlelink

The thing is, Porygon Z probly won't survive the first hit, assuming it's hit by a fighting attack.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Snagrio

turtlelink wrote:

The thing is, Porygon Z probly won't survive the first hit, assuming it's hit by a fighting attack.

Eh, true. With no defenses it can't take a super effective hit. Ah well, no Pokemon is perfect.

@Retro_on_theGo Also true. Though Porygon-Z's Special Attack is significantly higher then Attack.

Actually the way I see it Analytic is about even with Download since it powers up all moves if slower while Download has a 50/50 chance of utilizing the higher Sp. Attack, but activates no matter what.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

turtlelink

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Download is usually the preferred ability on Porygon Z. I guess you can use eviolite Porygon 2. I heard that was a thing.

Yea I used it in Black 2 and I currently am using it now in X.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Snagrio

Apparently the Cottonee line is now Grass Fairy type. Just got one from Wonder Trade.

Snagrio

-Juice-

Am I the only one that counts Pokemon by the evolution line instead of each Pokemon itself? For example, I count Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard as just one Pokemon because, they kind of are. Anyone else feel like gamefreak should start using this way to count how many Pokemon are available in the game?

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Snagrio

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Am I the only one that counts Pokemon by the evolution line instead of each Pokemon itself? For example, I count Charmander, Charmeleon, and Charizard as just one Pokemon because, they kind of are. Anyone else feel like gamefreak should start using this way to count how many Pokemon are available in the game?

When you think about it, Pokemon are like butterflies. Both metamorphose when they get bigger, and even though the multiple forms belongs to the same species, each one has a separate name. In any case, I tend to interchange between beginning and end when it comes to talking of Pokemon evolutionary lines. Like the Charmander line or Charizard line; I don't really use one side more then the other.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

Marakuto

I thought Wide Lens would get another 4% increase this generation, since it actually boost low accuracy moves by 4%. 10% would have been more ideal but then people would use it way too often for 1 Hit KO moves.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

-Juice-

@WingedSnagret I'm just saying, when exploring the Pokemon world and you see the evolution of a Pokemon you already have, that's kind of a waste. I'd prefer that you only find the beginning forms in the wild, and there be more Pokemon so there is a larger variety, instead of just lazily filling in gaps with evolutions. It kind of takes the adventure out of the game. Is there much difference between coming across a baby and then coming across an adult? Not really. They look so close that it really doesn't matter. Doesn't catch your attention.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Snagrio

After some research, I must admit you guys are right. Porygon2 with Eviolite is the superior choice. Plus with its lower Speed the Analytic ability will kick in more often.

Though that does raise a question. Which is the better ability? For example, Analytic raises the power percentage of moves by 30 so all moves get more powerful, while Download raises the Attack or Sp. Attack by one stage depending on which defense of the opponent is weakest to do extra damage to that weak point. But since I plan to have Porygon2 as a Sp. Attacker, there's only a 50/50 chance that the right combination will be available to take advantage of.

Snagrio

sugarpixel

Alright guys! I get to go to the Pokémon Winter Regional Championships in Salem, Oregon on the 19th!
Salem's only a 30 minute drive away from me!

...I'll probably get my butt handed to me, but I can go just because it's so close!

And there'll be tons of StreetPasses, I'm sure!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

SheldonRandoms

@Gioku Good luck (even if you do get your butt served on a hot platter). If you want, you can borrow my holographic Ducklett cards, because you'll win with them............yeah, makes perfect sense too me.

NL's #1 kangaroo fan of SpongeBob Squarepants

Aren't LUCARIO's paws adorable? (MOAR adorable than all of the Eevee'z)

http://eshopgurus.webs.com/

Rev up those fryers! MY LEG!

Ristar the Shooting Star!

Sheldon & Mr. Randoms

I'M SwElLtAsTiC!

S...

3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Retro_on_theGo

@Gioku You are SO lucky!! Seriously I can't go this weekend, too far, and will have to wait for April 23rd in Wisoncisn and even then it's 2 hours away Gives me time to prepare I guess.

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

No. Oh no. Petilil is it's own separate bag of adorablenes from Lilligant. I get what you're saying, because you're basically right, but keeping track oft he,an y other way..wouldn't make sense.

Snagrio

WingedSnagret wrote:

After some research, I must admit you guys are right. Porygon2 with Eviolite is the superior choice. Plus with its lower Speed the Analytic ability will kick in more often.

Though that does raise a question. Which is the better ability? For example, Analytic raises the power percentage of moves by 30 so all moves get more powerful, while Download raises the Attack or Sp. Attack by one stage depending on which defense of the opponent is weakest to do extra damage to that weak point. But since I plan to have Porygon2 as a Sp. Attacker, there's only a 50/50 chance that the right combination will be available to take advantage of.

Um, anybody?

Snagrio

Retro_on_theGo

I have no experience with Porygon 2 so a quick look at Smogon reveals the preferred ability is trace... Trace. Huh.
That's not a bad option honestly, and I'd probably go with it. Although between the two I'd probably go with Download. The boast is more that Analytic and immediate. Wow, I kind of want to use this guy now too to set up trick room. Damn shame he's not VGC legal >_> lol
Edit: wait.
Lol
This thing is really awesome. I wanna use it now! Lol, someone trade me a porygon.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic