3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 9,901 to 9,920 of 17,739

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

9,901. Posted:

@Gioku Oh... oops.
HOENN LIFE 3 REMAKE DIRECT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR TOMORROW CONFIRMED.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage

Konata-chan

9,902. Posted:

Anybody would like to trade a Mew for my Latias lv 70?

Edited on by Konata-chan

Konata-chan

3DS Friend Code: 5214-9985-3498

AuthorMessage

Gioku

9,903. Posted:

Konata-chan wrote:

Untitled

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

9,904. Posted:

Konata-chan wrote:

Hold the phone, is that a Latias?!
I'll trade you from my ultra rare Lv100 Hairy Bidoof
Untitled
It also knows a new move called Beaver Fever

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

Blast

9,905. Posted:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

@Blast It really didn't make you think though. It wasn't deep. The plot itself was too simple. I wanted something a little more in-depth. Black and White had the mature theme of Truth vs. Ideals. I would have hoped we would have something just as admirable. Perhaps going deep into questioning what is really good and what is truly evil? That would have been a good theme for X and Y, since the games seem to be about life, death, and balance.

@BlatantlyHeroic I agree but here's the thing though. The main Pokémon games are restricted because of the fact that children are a part of the fanbase. The story of a Pokémon game can never go too far. The formula for a Pokémon game can never get too dynamic. Children wouldn't buy Pokémon games if Pokémon games started having stories full of betrayal, death, heavy romance, heavy topics like why do we exist, a blurred line between good and evil, etc. Children just wouldn't buy it. Imagine if the cover of a Pokémon game had a Pokémon region covered in destruction and then it showed your own character and the words: "This is your journey. Save the region... or destroy it." was on the cover. Would children really ask mommy and daddy to buy the game? I don't think so.
Pokémon games are ageless so adults and kids can enjoy the games. That's fine... but its also a double-edged sword.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

MrPokirby

9,906. Posted:

Blast wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

@Blast It really didn't make you think though. It wasn't deep. The plot itself was too simple. I wanted something a little more in-depth. Black and White had the mature theme of Truth vs. Ideals. I would have hoped we would have something just as admirable. Perhaps going deep into questioning what is really good and what is truly evil? That would have been a good theme for X and Y, since the games seem to be about life, death, and balance.

@BlatantlyHeroic I agree but here's the thing though. The main Pokémon games are restricted because of the fact that children are a part of the fanbase. The story of a Pokémon game can never go too far. The formula for a Pokémon game can never get too dynamic. Children wouldn't buy Pokémon games if Pokémon games started having stories full of betrayal, death, heavy romance, heavy topics like why do we exist, a blurred line between good and evil, etc. Children just wouldn't buy it. Imagine if the cover of a Pokémon game had a Pokémon region covered in destruction and then it showed your own character and the words: "This is your journey. Save the region... or destroy it." was on the cover. Would children really ask mommy and daddy to buy the game? I don't think so.
Pokémon games are ageless so adults and kids can enjoy the games. That's fine... but its also a double-edged sword.

I don't want pokemon to start being the next Persona anything, like I don't need any characters dying or having the fate of humanity and pokemanity (I guess that's a word now) put on the line, but I'd at least like just ONE T rated pokemon RPG... I'd settle for E10+, Game Freak!

Edited on by MrPokirby

"If you don't dream, you'll never be able to wake up."
"Before you look for an answer, make sure there's an answer to look for."
"If something is created only for it to be destroyed, should it even be created at all?"
"Need is a being that can only exist when accompanied by desire."
-Myself +

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6529-2402 | Nintendo Network ID: PostiveMaster

AuthorMessage

Konata-chan

9,907. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

Konata-chan wrote:

Untitled

LOL NVM I already traded my Latias anyway

Konata-chan

3DS Friend Code: 5214-9985-3498

AuthorMessage

Blast

9,908. Posted:

MrPokirby wrote:

Blast wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

I don't want pokemon to start being the next Persona anything, like I don't need any characters dying or having the fate of humanity and pokemanity (I guess that's a word now) put on the line, but I'd at least like just ONE T rated pokemon RPG... I'd settle for E10+, Game Freak!

@MrPokirby There are people like you who don't want the formula to change that much. That's totally fine. That's why I want Gamefreak to make a spinoff Pokémon series and let another developer like Atlus have a chance at it. A Pokémon game heavily influenced by Persona, Kingdom Hearts, Harvest Moon, and the Tales series sounds freaking amazing to me.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,909. Posted:

Konata-chan wrote:

Gioku wrote:

Konata-chan wrote:

Untitled

LOL NVM I already traded my Latias anyway

Zeus curseit JumpMad, always taking the good trades.

Edited on by Unca_Lz

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

BadKitty

9,910. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Zeus curseit JumpMad, always taking the good trades.

Him and his Hairy Bidoof's! >:[
Such rarity so hard to find. ;___;
I call hax!

Edited on by Unca_Lz

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You're probly the best person I've battled on Nlife so far u_u

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter: Emeralds110

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

9,911. Posted:

Introducing The Elder Balls III, IV, V: PokeWind, Pokeblivion, Pokerym
All joking aside, who says kids don't want a more amazing story? It's not like they're loosing the ability to collect Pokemon, it's just that they actually have to think. That's not a bad thing at all. What I'm asking for is a game that just takes things a little more seriously. Truly make the game a game for all audiences. Plenty of adults play the series, so why not? The next step in character customization is to include ages from 10-30.

Edited on by BlatantlyHeroic

AuthorMessage

Blast

9,912. Posted:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Introducing The Elder Balls III, IV, V: PokeWind, Pokeblivion, Pokerym
All joking aside, who says kids don't want a more amazing story? It's not like they're loosing the ability to collect Pokemon, it's just that they actually have to think. That's not a bad thing at all.

@BlatantlyHeroic C'mon, bro. Put yourself in the shoes of a 9 year old or a 10 year old and you're playing a Pokémon game that was created with our desires. Imagine if a scene popped up of your best friend in the game backstabbing you and trapping you in a room. How do you think that kid is gonna react? I can see it now.. *"Um, Dad? Why didn't Jake lock me inside a room with a bunch guys who want my Pokémon?" or "Uhhhh... Did Mary really just blow up a Pokémon gym while people was inside????" LOL. We gotta start a new forum thread, man so our comments don't get buried in this forum. Whatcha think?

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

9,913. Posted:

@Blast I played games like that when I was 10. Those are the types of games most 10 year old kids play. I was also a very smart 10 year old. I preferred Majora's Mask over Ocarina of Time because it was darker. Of course, when I was raised it was before everyone became obsessed with political correctness. Besides, I just want the game to not be linear and have a good story. I'm not saying people have to die (though that's supposed to be the theme of X and Y), but I would rather the story not be so wimpy. I want some powerful storytelling, an awesome quest that makes you love the Pokemon world around you. I'd be up for a forum revolving around a philosophical discussion of what Pokemon should and shouldn't be.

Edited on by BlatantlyHeroic

AuthorMessage

Blast

9,914. Posted:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

@Blast I played games like that when I was 10. Those are the types of games most 10 year old kids play. I was also a very smart 10 year old. I preferred Majora's Mask over Ocarina of Time because it was darker. Of course, when I was raised it was before everyone became obsessed with political correctness. Besides, I just want the game to not be linear and have a good story. I'm not saying people have to die (though that's supposed to be the theme of X and Y), but I would rather the story not be so wimpy. I want some powerful storytelling, an awesome quest that makes you love the Pokemon world around you. I'd be up for a forum revolving around a philosophical discussion of what Pokemon should and shouldn't be.

@BlatantlyHeroic shakes hands with you in respect Create the forum and let's continue the discussion :)

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

9,915. Posted:

@Blast First thing tomorrow then. It's 11:43 p.m. here so I'm about to head to bed. XD

AuthorMessage

MrPokirby

9,916. Posted:

Blast wrote:

MrPokirby wrote:

Blast wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

@MrPokirby There are people like you who don't want the formula to change that much. That's totally fine. That's why I want Gamefreak to make a spinoff Pokémon series and let another developer like Atlus have a chance at it. A Pokémon game heavily influenced by Persona, Kingdom Hearts, Harvest Moon, and the Tales series sounds freaking amazing to me.

I would probably be fine with that. I think that Atlus could do a decent job making a pokemon game. As long as we don't end up with a giant, phallic shaped demon pokemon as number 1666, I'll be happy.

"If something is created only for it to be destroyed, should it even be created at all?"
-Myself +

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

9,917. Posted:

well I'm going to train my Shiny Aipom now(my only shiny and I really like it, plus it was from friend Safari and came with Good IVs and Nature) the only problem is the ability, Pick Up, that thing is useless. good thing I'm not after the hidden ability so going to Battle Maison(super singles they end quick and give lots of BP without needing to go far or play well) and Battle Institute to get 200BP is enough to get the one I want(I'll do this part slowly step by step, with LOTS of sidetracking to do other stuff) though the Hidden ability would have been cool, always striking 5 times in attacks that hit 2-5 times would be really neat...

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Kinsale

9,918. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

well I'm going to train my Shiny Aipom now(my only shiny and I really like it, plus it was from friend Safari and came with Good IVs and Nature) the only problem is the ability, Pick Up, that thing is useless. good thing I'm not after the hidden ability so going to Battle Maison(super singles they end quick and give lots of BP without needing to go far or play well) and Battle Institute to get 200BP is enough to get the one I want(I'll do this part slowly step by step, with LOTS of sidetracking to do other stuff) though the Hidden ability would have been cool, always striking 5 times in attacks that hit 2-5 times would be really neat...

Actually, if you do a move set with fling, pickup allows you to recollect the item after you fling it, so that you can fling the item multiple times.
EDIT: actually, according to bulbapedia iit seems that pick up only activates if another pokemon uses a consumable item.

Edited on by Kinsale

Who are you running from? (?_?)/
someday there will be a cactus pokemon, that is actually good.
(O vvv O)/ add me if you want to play KI:U, or ACNL, OR Pokemon
I make a lot of typos, so expect many of my posts to be edited

3DS Friend Code: 3866-8031-2017

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

9,919. Posted:

@BlatantlyHeroic So where's that thread? I want in on that discussion. >:[

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

MrPokirby

9,920. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I agree with what Kinsale said, but if you still plan on going out of your way to get the Ability Capsule I believe it's called, I just hope you know that it's sadly a one-use-only item, so once you use it, it's gone and you just wasted your time getting 200BP for basically nothing.

-Myself +