3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 961 to 980 of 18,332

AuthorMessage
Rensch

Rensch

961. Posted:

These are all Pokémon that I think might be seen as some kind of fairy. Some may suggest a slightly different list, but this is what I consider Pokémon that are most like fairies. Sometimes a type needs to be replaced as opposed to being simply added to a single type, but perhaps something like Clefairy could simple be pure Fairy. Interestingly, all pokémon on this list are Psychic or Normal types:

  • Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable (Normal/Fairy)
  • Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)
  • Happiny, Chansey, Blissey (Normal/Fairy)
  • Snubbull, Granbull (Normal/Fairy)
  • Celebi (would become Grass/Fairy intead of Grass/Psychic)
  • Togepi ,Togetic, Togekiss (Normal or Flying would have to replaced with Fairy)
  • Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir (I did not include Gallade, as it will likely be that that would have to remain Psychic/Fighting while Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir become Psychic/Fairy dual types)
  • Jirachi (This could become a Fairy/Steel-type as opposed to Psychic/Steel).
  • Uxie (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Mesprit (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Azelf (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Audino (Normal/Fairy)
  • Munna, Musharna (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Meloetta (This one has two different forms it can assume, one Normal/Fighting and one Normal/Psychic. They could replace that Normal type with Fairy)
  • Sylveon (Pure Fairy)
  • Spoink, Grumpig (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Drowzee, Hypno (Psychic/Fairy)

This is quite a substantial list, that could include Pokémon not yet revealed, making it even longer. If the Fairy type could be seen as more of a 'light-type', than some Electric pokémon, such as Ampharos or Eelektross, could be part of the new type as well. I personally hope the Fairy type does indeed happen, or at least any new type. That could shake things up and make the game more dynamic. To the people complaining about these new potential types being similar to Psychic or Electric, what about Rock and Ground? They are similar, yet have been there from the start. They're often even coupled like with Geodude or Onix.

The mystery of Sylveon's type does indeed suggest they will add another element type. It has my support, as it gives veteran players like me something to play around and strategize with that I have never seen before.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage
Highwinter

Highwinter

962. Posted:

DdFixen wrote:

If this whole thing about a new "fairy" type Pokemon is true, then my guess is that they will change that name into "light" in the English version of the games, considering they chose to call "evil" type "dark" back in the Gold/Silver days.

In Japan, the dark type refers to something along the lines of "dirty fighting" which is why it was changed to dark here, it just makes more sense. Fighting is strong against dark, because it's seen as the opposite. Heroic, martial arts fighters, overcoming the dark tricksters.

A light type wouldn't make sense in this context and giving dark another weakness wouldn't be a good for competitive players.

If fairy type is real (and all evidence points to that being the case) then it's going to follow more of the broad Japanese meaning as well and most likely include mythological type Pokemon, not simply winged sprites, which would also explain Xerneas' type. Pokemon like Absol, Mawile and Milotic are more likely to become Fairies over things like Jigglypuff or Togepi. Being pink and cute doesn't make something a fairy.

Highwinter

AuthorMessage
CaveDweller

CaveDweller

963. Posted:

I never thought Sylveon was a normal type, to be honest. For a start it kind of went against the whole concept of eevee and its evolutions in the first place. Not to mention, it was far too spritely looking to just be a normal type. I wonder how long it will take until GF just outright confirms the new type exists and how it functions and I'm interested in seeing what name it officially goes by. Kind of hoping its "Light" or, preferably, "Magic", as I feel they both roll off the tongue better.

As for changing the types of pokemon from the past to better suit this new addition, yeah I can definitely see that happening. But not excessively.

Edited on by CaveDweller

CaveDweller

Nintendo Network ID: Ben-CD

AuthorMessage
firestarter2398

firestarter2398

964. Posted:

Highwinter wrote:

DdFixen wrote:

If this whole thing about a new "fairy" type Pokemon is true, then my guess is that they will change that name into "light" in the English version of the games, considering they chose to call "evil" type "dark" back in the Gold/Silver days.

In Japan, the dark type refers to something along the lines of "dirty fighting" which is why it was changed to dark here, it just makes more sense. Fighting is strong against dark, because it's seen as the opposite. Heroic, martial arts fighters, overcoming the dark tricksters.

A light type wouldn't make sense in this context and giving dark another weakness wouldn't be a good for competitive players.

If fairy type is real (and all evidence points to that being the case) then it's going to follow more of the broad Japanese meaning as well and most likely include mythological type Pokemon, not simply winged sprites, which would also explain Xerneas' type. Pokemon like Absol, Mawile and Milotic are more likely to become Fairies over things like Jigglypuff or Togepi. Being pink and cute doesn't make something a fairy.

Dude dark is isn't dark because of dirty fighting why do you think it's evil type in japan. It's dark magic. And no just because something is pink doesn't make it fairy but being in fairy egg group or classed as the fairy pokemon looking like a fairy and being called clefairy makes it fairy type. Milotic yeah it probably would be fairy. Personally mawile shouldn't be fairy. Absol is dark type shouldn't be fairy type being the disaster pokemon you say these would be more like fairies than jigglypuff (fair enough) and togepi (cuz yeah that doesn't look anything fairyish (sarcasm)) I don't know what the rest of you think but I don't agree with what highwinter said

FC: 0018-1208-7315

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

965. Posted:

A pokemon doesn't have to look like it's type to be that type. Look at Sudowoodo.

EDIT: And we now have undisputable proof of Fairy type's existence.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-yo-wpm-riding-info?pid...

Sucks the leaker had to get fired from his job. Honestly, I'm glad we won't be getting more leaks. Here's hoping Sylveon's type is officially unveiled on Smash today. Probably wont.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Help Scott Pilgrim become backwards compatible for the Xbox One!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
[url=http://backloggery.com/r...

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

966. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

A pokemon doesn't have to look like it's type to be that type. Look at Sudowoodo.

Sudowoodo was supposed to be a fake out, though. Hence the name (psuedo wood...oh). Most other pokemon are supposed to look like their type. If there are any other exceptions, it would have to be for a very good reason...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi

967. Posted:

Well, there are some Pokémon who are hard to judge the type of based on their looks. Take Gothitelle for example...
Untitled

Does that look like a Psychic to you?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
She's taking a break from avatar duty though. Gotta stay fresh!
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

968. Posted:

And Vibrava sure as heck doesn't look like a dragon!
Untitled

Help Scott Pilgrim become backwards compatible for the Xbox One!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
[url=http://backloggery.com/r...

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
turtlelink

turtlelink

969. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

And Vibrava sure as heck doesn't look like a dragon!
Untitled

I thought it was supposed to be a reference to being a dragonfly!

But yea, pretty hype for Fairy type. This could change the metagame completely in a positive way if they handle it right.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

970. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Well, there are some Pokémon who are hard to judge the type of based on their looks. Take Gothitelle for example...
Untitled

Does that look like a Psychic to you?

Since Psychics are often more humanoid, yes. Very much so.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
MorpheelStaff

Morpheel

971. Posted:

It looks more dark to me.

Besides, "Fairy" doesn't necessarily means"cute pink blob with wings and girly girlyness". Several pokemon could be considered "fairy" as in, spirit of X, Guardian of Y, pokemon from legend, pokemon designed to look like Z mythical/fairy tale creature, etc.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

972. Posted:

So Gogoat is the only rideable pokemon like I assumed.

Help Scott Pilgrim become backwards compatible for the Xbox One!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
[url=http://backloggery.com/r...

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
CorporalPegasus

CorporalPegasus

973. Posted:

How about Altaria:
Untitled
Doesn't look like a Dragon, does it?

Anyways, excited for the fairy type! Im curious what they will call it in English.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

974. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

It looks more dark to me.

Why? Because of the dark colors? I guess Jinx should be Dark, too, by your logic? What about Luxray? Claydol? Unknown?

My point is, Dark-color does not necessarily coincide with Dark Pokemon, and a lot of non-darks, particularly Psychic pokemon, are dark colored, too. There's more to dark pokemon than that. They're supposed to look evil and/or menecing, and while dark colors do help in the regard, they aren't always a good indicator. Nothing about Gothitelle looks evil, so I don't see how you could say it looks like a dark type.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

975. Posted:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

How about Altaria:
Untitled
Doesn't look like a Dragon, does it?

Except dragon type often look either terrifying or Majestic. Altaria is very much the latter. Also, they're often based on Mythological dragons, which Altaria is - it's based off of the Chinese Peng, a Giant Bird which has the head of a dragon, and Cloud-like Wings.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

AuthorMessage
KiwiPanda

KiwiPanda

976. Posted:

Off topic, but I've always loved Altaria's cry <333
I always saw Vibrava as a dragonfly, as well, so it makes great sense, to me. Not really sure how Trapinch turns into it, though... ._.

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage
DreamyViridi

DreamyViridi

977. Posted:

Always found it interesting how Trapinch has the same high Attack stat as Flygon.
Anyways, I can't say I'm hyped for this Fairy Type but that's probably just because it's new. If this new typing means another resistance in Dragon, then I kinda welcome it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
She's taking a break from avatar duty though. Gotta stay fresh!
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage
CorporalPegasus

CorporalPegasus

978. Posted:

@RedPanda Haha, yes Altaria has a very nice cry. My favourite cry is probably Frosslass's.

@CanisWolfred Well, i learn something new everyday. Never knew Altaria was based on that.

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage
MorpheelStaff

Morpheel

979. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Morphtorok wrote:

It looks more dark to me.

Why? Because of the dark colors? I guess Jinx should be Dark, too, by your logic? What about Luxray? Claydol? Unknown?

My point is, Dark-color does not necessarily coincide with Dark Pokemon, and a lot of non-darks, particularly Psychic pokemon, are dark colored, too. There's more to dark pokemon than that. They're supposed to look evil and/or menecing, and while dark colors do help in the regard, they aren't always a good indicator. Nothing about Gothitelle looks evil, so I don't see how you could say it looks like a dark type.

Not really, it looks like a pretty basic version of a gothic lolita. I relate "gothic" to "dark" in my mind.

Jynx looks like some kind of pseudo valkyrie.

And no, I don't think dark types necessarily NEED to be menacing beasts of dark evilness. They can also be implike or just plain mischievous (like sneasel, though most of the do evolve into menacing things).

Edited on by Morpheel

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage
firestarter2398

firestarter2398

980. Posted:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

@RedPanda Haha, yes Altaria has a very nice cry. My favourite cry is probably Frosslass's.

It's off topic I know but I this needs to be said. I think that my favourite cry has got to be meloetta
and on the subject of cries I think someone needs to have a longer cry than jynx of 2,24 I haven't completed my dex so if there is a pokemon with longer cry then tell me
and can someone explain to me why on the pokedex for cries it says 00:00 why 2 digits when no one has a 10 second cry

Edited on by firestarter2398

FC: 0018-1208-7315