3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 961 to 980 of 18,258

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

961. Posted:

Nothing would change with the pikachu in the anime.

I guess it would just go like...
"OH so you're a fairy pokemon! Now wonder you could do all these amazing things like using electricity on ground pokemon! I always knew you were special!"
"Pika?"
<everyone laughs>
To be continued....

In the next episode, Ash becomes a Fairy.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

962. Posted:

whynot- wrote:

So I WAS right when I thought of light vs dark!!!
BTW: I hope they are not planing to add fairy type to every pokemon in the fairy group. It would be weird if pokemon like pickachu was an electric AND a fairy type....

' with you Pikachu shouldn't be fairy type it makes it so different in the anime. In a bunch of old episodes with the current match up and then the new match up it makes everything a lie! and I know snubbul is a classed the fairy pokemon and yeah it could be fairy type my problem with it is granbul it doesn't suit fairy type

It's good that fire gets a boost I mean it's beaten by water, ground and rock and beats ice and grass t needs a 3rd type that's remotely weak to it

FC: 0018-1208-7315

AuthorMessage

Rensch

963. Posted:

These are all Pokémon that I think might be seen as some kind of fairy. Some may suggest a slightly different list, but this is what I consider Pokémon that are most like fairies. Sometimes a type needs to be replaced as opposed to being simply added to a single type, but perhaps something like Clefairy could simple be pure Fairy. Interestingly, all pokémon on this list are Psychic or Normal types:

• Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable (Normal/Fairy)
  • Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy)
  • Happiny, Chansey, Blissey (Normal/Fairy)
  • Snubbull, Granbull (Normal/Fairy)
  • Celebi (would become Grass/Fairy intead of Grass/Psychic)
  • Togepi ,Togetic, Togekiss (Normal or Flying would have to replaced with Fairy)
  • Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir (I did not include Gallade, as it will likely be that that would have to remain Psychic/Fighting while Ralts, Kirlia and Gardevoir become Psychic/Fairy dual types)
  • Jirachi (This could become a Fairy/Steel-type as opposed to Psychic/Steel).
  • Uxie (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Mesprit (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Azelf (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Audino (Normal/Fairy)
  • Munna, Musharna (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Meloetta (This one has two different forms it can assume, one Normal/Fighting and one Normal/Psychic. They could replace that Normal type with Fairy)
  • Sylveon (Pure Fairy)
  • Spoink, Grumpig (Psychic/Fairy)
  • Drowzee, Hypno (Psychic/Fairy)

This is quite a substantial list, that could include Pokémon not yet revealed, making it even longer. If the Fairy type could be seen as more of a 'light-type', than some Electric pokémon, such as Ampharos or Eelektross, could be part of the new type as well. I personally hope the Fairy type does indeed happen, or at least any new type. That could shake things up and make the game more dynamic. To the people complaining about these new potential types being similar to Psychic or Electric, what about Rock and Ground? They are similar, yet have been there from the start. They're often even coupled like with Geodude or Onix.

The mystery of Sylveon's type does indeed suggest they will add another element type. It has my support, as it gives veteran players like me something to play around and strategize with that I have never seen before.

Edited on by Rensch

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

Highwinter

964. Posted:

DdFixen wrote:

If this whole thing about a new "fairy" type Pokemon is true, then my guess is that they will change that name into "light" in the English version of the games, considering they chose to call "evil" type "dark" back in the Gold/Silver days.

In Japan, the dark type refers to something along the lines of "dirty fighting" which is why it was changed to dark here, it just makes more sense. Fighting is strong against dark, because it's seen as the opposite. Heroic, martial arts fighters, overcoming the dark tricksters.

A light type wouldn't make sense in this context and giving dark another weakness wouldn't be a good for competitive players.

If fairy type is real (and all evidence points to that being the case) then it's going to follow more of the broad Japanese meaning as well and most likely include mythological type Pokemon, not simply winged sprites, which would also explain Xerneas' type. Pokemon like Absol, Mawile and Milotic are more likely to become Fairies over things like Jigglypuff or Togepi. Being pink and cute doesn't make something a fairy.

Highwinter

AuthorMessage

CaveDweller

965. Posted:

I never thought Sylveon was a normal type, to be honest. For a start it kind of went against the whole concept of eevee and its evolutions in the first place. Not to mention, it was far too spritely looking to just be a normal type. I wonder how long it will take until GF just outright confirms the new type exists and how it functions and I'm interested in seeing what name it officially goes by. Kind of hoping its "Light" or, preferably, "Magic", as I feel they both roll off the tongue better.

As for changing the types of pokemon from the past to better suit this new addition, yeah I can definitely see that happening. But not excessively.

Edited on by CaveDweller

CaveDweller

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8504-5986 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben-CD

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

966. Posted:

Highwinter wrote:

DdFixen wrote:

If this whole thing about a new "fairy" type Pokemon is true, then my guess is that they will change that name into "light" in the English version of the games, considering they chose to call "evil" type "dark" back in the Gold/Silver days.

In Japan, the dark type refers to something along the lines of "dirty fighting" which is why it was changed to dark here, it just makes more sense. Fighting is strong against dark, because it's seen as the opposite. Heroic, martial arts fighters, overcoming the dark tricksters.

A light type wouldn't make sense in this context and giving dark another weakness wouldn't be a good for competitive players.

If fairy type is real (and all evidence points to that being the case) then it's going to follow more of the broad Japanese meaning as well and most likely include mythological type Pokemon, not simply winged sprites, which would also explain Xerneas' type. Pokemon like Absol, Mawile and Milotic are more likely to become Fairies over things like Jigglypuff or Togepi. Being pink and cute doesn't make something a fairy.

Dude dark is isn't dark because of dirty fighting why do you think it's evil type in japan. It's dark magic. And no just because something is pink doesn't make it fairy but being in fairy egg group or classed as the fairy pokemon looking like a fairy and being called clefairy makes it fairy type. Milotic yeah it probably would be fairy. Personally mawile shouldn't be fairy. Absol is dark type shouldn't be fairy type being the disaster pokemon you say these would be more like fairies than jigglypuff (fair enough) and togepi (cuz yeah that doesn't look anything fairyish (sarcasm)) I don't know what the rest of you think but I don't agree with what highwinter said

FC: 0018-1208-7315

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

967. Posted:

A pokemon doesn't have to look like it's type to be that type. Look at Sudowoodo.

EDIT: And we now have undisputable proof of Fairy type's existence.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-yo-wpm-riding-info?pid...

Sucks the leaker had to get fired from his job. :( Honestly, I'm glad we won't be getting more leaks. Here's hoping Sylveon's type is officially unveiled on Smash today. Probably wont.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

968. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

A pokemon doesn't have to look like it's type to be that type. Look at Sudowoodo.

Sudowoodo was supposed to be a fake out, though. Hence the name (psuedo wood...oh). Most other pokemon are supposed to look like their type. If there are any other exceptions, it would have to be for a very good reason...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

969. Posted:

Well, there are some Pokémon who are hard to judge the type of based on their looks. Take Gothitelle for example...
Untitled

Does that look like a Psychic to you?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

970. Posted:

And Vibrava sure as heck doesn't look like a dragon!
Untitled

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

971. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

And Vibrava sure as heck doesn't look like a dragon!
Untitled

I thought it was supposed to be a reference to being a dragonfly! :O

But yea, pretty hype for Fairy type. This could change the metagame completely in a positive way if they handle it right.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

972. Posted:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Well, there are some Pokémon who are hard to judge the type of based on their looks. Take Gothitelle for example...
Untitled

Does that look like a Psychic to you?

Since Psychics are often more humanoid, yes. Very much so.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Morphbug

973. Posted:

It looks more dark to me.

Besides, "Fairy" doesn't necessarily means"cute pink blob with wings and girly girlyness". Several pokemon could be considered "fairy" as in, spirit of X, Guardian of Y, pokemon from legend, pokemon designed to look like Z mythical/fairy tale creature, etc.

Edited on by Morphbug

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

974. Posted:

So Gogoat is the only rideable pokemon like I assumed.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

975. Posted:

How about Altaria:
Untitled
Doesn't look like a Dragon, does it?

Anyways, excited for the fairy type! Im curious what they will call it in English.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

976. Posted:

Morphtorok wrote:

It looks more dark to me.

Why? Because of the dark colors? I guess Jinx should be Dark, too, by your logic? What about Luxray? Claydol? Unknown?

My point is, Dark-color does not necessarily coincide with Dark Pokemon, and a lot of non-darks, particularly Psychic pokemon, are dark colored, too. There's more to dark pokemon than that. They're supposed to look evil and/or menecing, and while dark colors do help in the regard, they aren't always a good indicator. Nothing about Gothitelle looks evil, so I don't see how you could say it looks like a dark type.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

977. Posted:

CorporalPegasus wrote:

How about Altaria:
Untitled
Doesn't look like a Dragon, does it?

Except dragon type often look either terrifying or Majestic. Altaria is very much the latter. Also, they're often based on Mythological dragons, which Altaria is - it's based off of the Chinese Peng, a Giant Bird which has the head of a dragon, and Cloud-like Wings.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

978. Posted:

Off topic, but I've always loved Altaria's cry <333
I always saw Vibrava as a dragonfly, as well, so it makes great sense, to me. Not really sure how Trapinch turns into it, though... ._.

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

979. Posted:

Always found it interesting how Trapinch has the same high Attack stat as Flygon.
Anyways, I can't say I'm hyped for this Fairy Type but that's probably just because it's new. If this new typing means another resistance in Dragon, then I kinda welcome it.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

980. Posted:

@RedPanda Haha, yes Altaria has a very nice cry. My favourite cry is probably Frosslass's.

@CanisWolfred Well, i learn something new everyday. Never knew Altaria was based on that.

Catbugloggery