3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 941 to 960 of 18,335

AuthorMessage

CaveDweller

941. Posted:

This game becomes increasingly more appealing every time I see it.

The over-world graphics definitely seems to have been improved a bit since the original trailer, the region map looks promising and definitely helps eases my initial fears that the Kalos region will be as linear as Unova. Also, although I suspected it before hand, the confirmation for trainer customisation in Pokémon games is something I've been dying to hear for years. To what extent the customisation ranges from remains to be seen but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

As for the newly revealed pokémon themselves, well, I've seen better. Gogoat is okay, and Pancham kind of stole my heart, but Fletchling looks a little out of place to me. I do appreciate though that it stands out from the typical bird pokémon that you can catch early in the game. And Heliotype seems awfully strange in its official art but looks better in-game.

I think that's the part that surprised me the most; up until XY's reveal I've always hoped Game Freak wouldn't ditch the sprites. Personally, I always thought they captured the pokémon's characters better than the somewhat stiff 3D models did in various console spin-offs. But, from what I can tell, I stand corrected. I love the look of the 3D battles and the models look surprisingly well done with an "anime come alive", kind of cell-shaded style.

CaveDweller

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8504-5986 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben-CD

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

942. Posted:

MrMario02 wrote:

Guys, if you go to the website, there will be a mysterious mist on the side with the Y onyve it, and light on the side with the X. Also the word "evil" used to be spelled "yvel" as in "Yveltal". this suggests that Yveltal is evil.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/root/

you bring a good point, yveltal will be evil (dark type) and xerneas will be good (fairy type)

Edited on by firestarter2398

FC: 0018-1208-7315

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

943. Posted:

god i can not wait for these games. I like the fact that you can change the skin color and also can change outfits in the game. This is shaping up to be the best generation yet!!! well at least in my opinion :) people are free to disagree with me.

EDIT: I just notice while perusing the official website that Froakie will know bubble at level 5 and learns quick attack at level 8, chespin will know vine whip at lv 5 and learn rollout at level 8 and Fennekin will know ember at lv 5 & growl at level 8.

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Fossil Fighters Frontier, Story of Seasons and Kirby & the Rainbow Curse.
Now Playing: Pokemon AS and The Lost Valley
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

whynot-

944. Posted:

I once thought about a light type, that way it could be light vs dark, but I never even thought about FAIRY vs dark. lol
Which reminds me, do these two legendary pokemon have a second type?

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/3ds/ssbu?

3DS Friend Code: 2750-1255-8788 | Nintendo Network ID: 3Dgamer

AuthorMessage

CM30

945. Posted:

I don't think we know what types the two legendary Pokemon have yet. Heck, we don't even know they have new types...

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

whynot-

946. Posted:

Eevee has a new evolution form 0_0

Edited on by whynot-

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

947. Posted:

lol, yes, Sylveon. You have some catching up to do buddy,

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

whynot-

948. Posted:

probably a fairy type ;/
but, you know what they say, it's not nice to assume.

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

949. Posted:

but you have to assume cuz if you don't this forum wouldn't go anywhere
But I did have a thought yesterday
the sableye on the poster could be caught by clan or iris or even ash (doubting ash though) and so the sableye isn't this big feature which is going to evolve it's just a trainer's pokemon

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

950. Posted:

If this whole thing about a new "fairy" type Pokemon is true, then my guess is that they will change that name into "light" in the English version of the games, considering they chose to call "evil" type "dark" back in the Gold/Silver days.

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

951. Posted:

you're right
and then with yveltal in japan he'd be evil type and so he needs a hero oppisite ie xerneas the fairy type which could be light type as you said
good work :)

Edited on by firestarter2398

AuthorMessage

whynot-

952. Posted:

So I WAS right when I thought of light vs dark!!!
BTW: I hope they are not planing to add fairy type to every pokemon in the fairy group. It would be weird if pokemon like pickachu was an electric AND a fairy type....

AuthorMessage

CM30

953. Posted:

whynot- wrote:

So I WAS right when I thought of light vs dark!!!
BTW: I hope they are not planing to add fairy type to every pokemon in the fairy group. It would be weird if pokemon like pickachu was an electric AND a fairy type....

Wait, why would that be weird? It's not like Pokemon changing type between generations is unprecedented.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

whynot-

954. Posted:

I don't know, I just got used to pokemon such as pickachu being the type they are. :/

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

955. Posted:

IF they're really making a new "fairy/light" type and it makes Pikachu any stronger, then the'll probably do that.

Pikachu is their mascot and in the first games it could only be found in the forest and it was about as rare as clefairy, so it could very well be considered a fairy of the forest or a creature of light.

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

956. Posted:

For anyone still skeptical.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpyp0MHAO0k&feature=g-subs-u

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Squid

957. Posted:

I'm only wondering this; if this guy said the English names of the Pokemon way back in February, then why did no one hear about it then? How come these names are only known now that they've been officially confirmed, and nobody said anything of the names until now.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

958. Posted:

CaptainSquid wrote:

I'm only wondering this; if this guy said the English names of the Pokemon way back in February, then why did no one hear about it then? How come these names are only known now that they've been officially confirmed, and nobody said anything of the names until now.

Because Pokebeach is VERY strict about the info they get and reject any "inside source" assuming it's fake. Pokebeach actually revealed the names 3 days before the official confirmation to test and see if he had the right names. And as we know, he did.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Squid

959. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

CaptainSquid wrote:

Because Pokebeach is VERY strict about the info they get and reject any "inside source" assuming it's fake. Pokebeach actually revealed the names 3 days before the official confirmation to test and see if he had the right names. And as we know, he did.

Oh. Well, okay then. I guess there's really no fighting it now. :O (justplease tell me that dual-typed moves isn't also confirmed.)

Also, I don't think Game Freak would change their mascot's type after all these years, I would be really shocked (hahaha...ha) if they did that.

Edited on by Squid

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

whynot-

960. Posted:

I doubt it, I mean what will happen to ash and his pikachu? I would not know what to say if they finally decide to evolve pikachu into raichu.....