3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 9,021 to 9,040 of 15,744

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

9,021. Posted:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Gioku I'm going with a balanced team. Some with speed (Greninja, Dodrio), a wall (Ferrothorn), tactical approach (Aegislash), and others that specialize against specific types (Gardevoir, Eelektross).
Sounds good have you tried it competitively?
Btw I chained 44 crogunks in a row and still no shiny, I thought you only needed 40 in a row. l:(
Still not sure what the second team will be. Though again, I'm waiting till all Pokemon are available and seeing what I get at random.

Don't forget about Pokemon bank, they'll change a lot of teams

Pokemon Y is my first game in the series, so I don't have a previous gen to transfer from. What I'm banking on (sorry for the pun) is those people who are going to breed their old team members or like in my future case those who get some from friends and breed and then Wonder Trade the extras which I'll get randomly.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

9,022. Posted:

Marakuto wrote:

Milotic is going to get so much usage now that it might be ridiculous. It's one of the best balanced Defensive, Special attacking Speed Behemoth! I'm gonna use that standard set that Smogon has for 5th gen which works for it all the time, even if Fairies can switch into Dragon Tail. To anyone that uses it, I wouldn't advice using a Flame/Toxic Orb but rather just get yours afflicted by a status move and use another useful item.

What set is that? RestTalk? I think that last game you were able to get a set like that was back in 4th gen. But yea, the fact that it can actually use Assault Vest and still have some sort of recovery is pretty huge. Oh wait, just remembered Assault Vest's description. :P

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

9,023. Posted:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

@Gioku I'm going with a balanced team. Some with speed (Greninja, Dodrio), a wall (Ferrothorn), tactical approach (Aegislash), and others that specialize against specific types (Gardevoir, Eelektross).

Still not sure what the second team will be. Though again, I'm waiting till all Pokemon are available and seeing what I get at random.

Sounds good but be warned Pokemon bank can shake that team up as previous gen Pokemon come pouring in. Btw I poke radar Chained 44 crogunks in a row yet didn't get a shiny, I thought all you needed was 40 in a row l:(

The chances just increase drastically at 40 and beyond. Though there is a trick that after reaching 40 you can keep running around to charge the radar and reset the bushes until one is shiny.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

elbowhead

9,024. Posted:

I hate battle mansion with a passion

My friend code is 4253-4372-1919. Add me and I'll add back . I like to battle . And my favorite poke is lucario .

AuthorMessage

elbowhead

9,025. Posted:

And does anyone want to battle I need to test out this new team . My friend code is 4253-4372-1919.

My friend code is 4253-4372-1919. Add me and I'll add back . I like to battle . And my favorite poke is lucario .

AuthorMessage

elbowhead

9,026. Posted:

Anyone ?

AuthorMessage

MeanMustacheMan

9,027. Posted:

I'm receiving Pokemon Y for Christmas next week. Which starter should I choose? Which Kanto starter should I choose? Also, once I get the game, would someone be willing to swap Friend Codes to trade online with?

3DS Friend Code: 0920-1209-5126

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

9,028. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Sounds good but be warned Pokemon bank can shake that team up as previous gen Pokemon come pouring in. Btw I poke radar Chained 44 crogunks in a row yet didn't get a shiny, I thought all you needed was 40 in a row l:(

The chances just increase drastically at 40 and beyond. Though there is a trick that after reaching 40 you can keep running around to charge the radar and reset the bushes until one is shiny.

I completely forgot about the bush looking shiny I just got upset because I thought once you reached 40 a shiny would pop up next sigh now to repeat the process...

He has KO'd Blakizens
He has KO'd Mega Kangashkans
He has KO'd Rayquazas
He has KO'd Genesects
Hes even KO'd Shedinja...without a super effective move
Who's next to doubt the might of MR.DERP?
#MR.DERP FOR UBERS 2016

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5259-4542

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,029. Posted:

Wow. I hatched my first 5IV pokemon, and it was Spritzee BUT IT HAD PERFECT ATTACK AND NO HIDDEN ABILITY. What BS. This thing has no middle ground either. The eggs always either have a perfect IV or piss poor low. Seriously, I'm just gonna settle with this one I got that had perfect HP, Defense, Sp Def, and 0 speed. But the special attack is like 1-7. -_- Ugh

MeanMustacheMan wrote:

I'm receiving Pokemon Y for Christmas next week. Which starter should I choose? Which Kanto starter should I choose? Also, once I get the game, would someone be willing to swap Friend Codes to trade online with?

Just get the ones you like the most. Greninja's the best!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

9,030. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Marakuto wrote:

Milotic is going to get so much usage now that it might be ridiculous. It's one of the best balanced Defensive, Special attacking Speed Behemoth! I'm gonna use that standard set that Smogon has for 5th gen which works for it all the time, even if Fairies can switch into Dragon Tail. To anyone that uses it, I wouldn't advice using a Flame/Toxic Orb but rather just get yours afflicted by a status move and use another useful item.

What set is that? RestTalk? I think that last game you were able to get a set like that was back in 4th gen. But yea, the fact that it can actually use Assault Vest and still have some sort of recovery is pretty huge. Oh wait, just remembered Assault Vest's description. :P

RestTalk can still be viable considering the boost in defence and other optional attacks. It's good that they made Sleep Talk a TM again otherwise transferring one would be useless. I use it in Rotation and Double battles as it takes advantage of it greatly and can even do so in singles.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin

A lot more too.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

9,031. Posted:

I just read on smogon that mega kangaskhan is banned from OU does this surprise or shock anyone? Playing competitively it never gave me that much trouble... How about you?

He has KO'd Blakizens
He has KO'd Rayquazas
He has KO'd Genesects
#MR.DERP FOR UBERS 2016

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

9,032. Posted:

@Retro, just try your best with breeding. I bred quite a few 5IV pokes after going through a lot of duds... I always get unlucky with the females. :P I'll usually get males with good IVs and the right ability but the female generally only gets like 2 perfect IVs and the wrong ability. :p

@Marakuto, I had no idea sleep talk was a TM in Gen. 6, so thanks! I guess I'll be transferring my Milotic from Black 2 when the Bank comes out.

@X, it was going to happen eventually. Honestly, it's the best Mega in the game. It's too good. If it lands one Power Up Punch, it's pretty much gg after that lol.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Gridatttack

9,033. Posted:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

I just read on smogon that mega kangaskhan is banned from OU does this surprise or shock anyone? Playing competitively it never gave me that much trouble... How about you?

Not at all.
Currently, pre pokebank, megakhan is really broken.
Having an untauntable swords dance is pretty cheap (in the form of power up punch)
It doesn't help the fact that it has access to sucker punch, which at +2 atk really destroys a lot of things.

Sparity~
4554-0649-6542

AuthorMessage

PSI_King

9,034. Posted:

If you don't count today, only a week until Pokebank. So when Pokebank comes out, I'm gonna reset, abandon my starter and use a Tepig instead. :P

Buying: Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Steam), Retro City Rampage (3DS), The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
My new BL
Me vs. 3DSFan134
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
"Want a cookie? So do I. Let's Pokemon battle for it!"

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

9,035. Posted:

Ace_The_Elf wrote:

If you don't count today, only a week until Pokebank. So when Pokebank comes out, I'm gonna reset, abandon my starter and use a Tepig instead. :P

I still don't have Black 2 but maybe I should get Black 1 first because why would I buy the second one if I didn't played the first one? And the reason why my dad didn't buy Black 2 for me is that every time I tell him that, I don't think he's not going to buy it for me. >.<

Fred 4 President 2016 :3
Are you human? Yes.
Do you have a Backloggery? Yes. Right here: My Backlog of Grove Street 4 Life
Have any other things? Yes, I have a NNID: BigTechBrother and I also got TBT.
Who cares about Gioku when you have My Little Pony? :P

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

9,036. Posted:

Untitled

I saw this on a tumblr. What do you guys think?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

9,037. Posted:

Well, I guess this could be great for all of the people that are new to Pokemon because giving them new Pokemon is like the meaning of Christmas: The giving, and the caring, the sharing and the loving. :P

Fred 4 President 2016 :3
Are you human? Yes.
Do you have a Backloggery? Yes. Right here: My Backlog of Grove Street 4 Life
Have any other things? Yes, I have a NNID: BigTechBrother and I also got TBT.
Who cares about Gioku when you have My Little Pony? :P

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967

AuthorMessage

Xtremetdifan

9,038. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Untitled

I like it besides it's one more way to make wonder trade a better Place

He has KO'd Blakizens
He has KO'd Rayquazas
He has KO'd Genesects
#MR.DERP FOR UBERS 2016

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

9,039. Posted:

Zubat Storm: Christmas edition.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage

ShadowLugia

9,040. Posted:

Xtremetdifan wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Untitled

I like it besides it's one more way to make wonder trade a better Place

Even though I do like the idea but how are we going to know if they're kids or not expect for play time.

Edited on by ShadowLugia

Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza