Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 841 to 860 of 15,943

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

841. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Shadowing wrote:

Raylax wrote:

Tying Normal type to anything almost always seems a strange decision, since it's practically a non-type - that is, it doesn't display any special elemental properties. Seems to me that having a non-normal type ought to nullify 'Normal', biologically speaking. If it can shoot electric out of its eyes then it's not terribly normal :P

Asides that, the 4 new 'mon look pretty cool. That goat is especially rad.

He is actually the first pokemon to have normal as a secondary type.

What about Deerling (normal and Grass)? Or Giraffirig (Normal & Psychic)? Or all those normal and flying types?

They're primarily normal then their second typing. Elikiteru is listed as Electric first then normal.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

842. Posted:

I didn't know that made a difference...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

843. Posted:

Neither did i, i only see him evolving once, i could be wrong though.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

844. Posted:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I think you're right
I see the fighting panda evolving once and gogoat being the only one in it's line
the bird though, I think, will have 2 evolutions it's not that good looking to begin with so 2 evolutions is gonna make it better

FC: 0018-1208-7315

AuthorMessage

Squid

845. Posted:

firestarter2398 wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I think you're right
I see the fighting panda evolving once and gogoat being the only one in it's line
the bird though, I think, will have 2 evolutions it's not that good looking to begin with so 2 evolutions is gonna make it better

Yeah, the Japanese robin 'mon will most definitely evolve twice. They usually have a two-evolution bird-like Pokemon that is obtainable at the beginning of the game (Pidgey, Starly, Pidove), with the exceptions of Gen 2 and 3 (I think they only had Taillow and Hoothoot) but yeah, I would hope it evolves twice.

I'm actually a little surprised that people don't like the robin as much, I hate the yellow thing. :D

[16:52] Sonomin: They lick balls now?
You don't win by being lucky. You win by being bold.
Can I ask you kind of a weird question?
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

846. Posted:

firestarter2398 wrote:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I think you're right

Yeah i see the panda like timburr's line and the bird i could see evolving once or twice it depends. My older bro thinks it will become a phenoix which is possible. The goat i agree will not evolve and the lizzard i like because of its move. The panda and goat are cool but the bird is kind of bland to me.

Edited on by zoroarkrules25

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

MrMario02

847. Posted:

I have an idea. Remember how you could mate your Manaphy with a ditto and get a phione egg? Well, what if there were more Pokemon that could be only be caught by breeding. Maybe you could Breed a Cofagrigus and a Stoutland to make a ghost-dog thing.

EDIT: That ghost dog sounds like a Polterpup from LM:DM.

Edited on by MrMario02

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

848. Posted:

MrMario02 wrote:

I have an idea. Remember how you could mate your Manaphy with a ditto and get a phione egg? Well, what if there were more Pokemon that could be only be caught by breeding. Maybe you could Breed a Cofagrigus and a Stoutland to make a ghost-dog thing.

They would have to be in the same egg group... and I plainly just hate that idea.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

849. Posted:

I do, too. It challenges a lot of pre-established ideas that have already been set when it comes to breeding. The purpose of Phione was to show that you could never breed a full legendary with a Ditto. Nothing more, as far as I can tell, at least.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

850. Posted:

Yeah have to agree on that we don't need more pokemon only obtainable the way phione is
not trying to put you down or anything I just think we can breed pokemon and we have fun doing it but we don't need the phione method for ordinary pokemon
and who's with me on a ditto evolution, imagine it a taller, gloopier, bright pink puddle of extra ditto

Edited on by firestarter2398

AuthorMessage

Emaan

851. Posted:

Here's something to discuss:

Can we assume that despite the 3D visuals, traditional artwork still exists in the game? :O

The Pokemon themselves for instance, we have official artwork. So can it be asserted that these two dimensional designs will still appear in the game, like in the Pokedex or in the menu- just not in battle?

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

CM30

852. Posted:

I'm not sure. Maybe they'll use a 3D view for the Pokedex, like the Pokedex 3D Pro app, and hence use the same models found in game.

Maybe the menu might have traditional art though.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Chriiis

853. Posted:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

Hey guys, you might want to read this: http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/supposed-pokemon-x-and-y-insider... oh and I'm naming the panda peter, who gets the reference.

P&F?

CanisWolfred wrote:

The first type is the main typing while the second is like a secondary attribute, at least in general. For example, Sharpedo being Water/Dark - The primary type being Water would be because of it obviously being a shark(living completely in the water, fish...) while it has Dark characteristics such as it's Pokedex entry calling it the 'Bully of the Sea', etc. I hope that makes sense.

It's more of a design thing really, doesn't mean as much when it comes to gameplay...

The odd thing about Elikiteru is how something can have Normal as the secondary typing when usually it's primary(something normal with a characteristic of another type). That's what @Shadowing was getting at rather than being oblivious to the fact that their are other Normal pairs.

Emaan wrote:

Here's something to discuss:

Can we assume that despite the 3D visuals, traditional artwork still exists in the game? :O

The Pokemon themselves for instance, we have official artwork. So can it be asserted that these two dimensional designs will still appear in the game, like in the Pokedex or in the menu- just not in battle?

I can see sprites being used for the storage boxes and the images of your party, as usual. ...Like how in B2W2, when you're browsing through the storage boxes, the Pokemon are just their stationary, 2D selves. I can see the Pokedex and your party Pokemon(when looking at the summaries, like B2W2 again) using animated, 3D models.

UNO (dsiware) friend code: 3353 6748 6951
Black 2 FC: 2624 2142 4631

3DS Friend Code: 4742-6833-4680 | Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

854. Posted:

zoroarkrules25 wrote:

I expect him to evolve twice. I see the goat only evolving once.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Moorpheel

855. Posted:

I do remember previous full 3D games in the series used 2D rendered versions of the models in the boxes and menus.

Moo

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

856. Posted:

idk but i dont really like the panda one nor the goat to me it seems they might not have a good evolutions and since everyone things the goat one isnt even going to have one is a pass for me :(

eh so much hate for the robin(bird) pkm i think its cute least nothing special we all know it the bird pkm that we find at the start just hope its evolutions look cool and is flying/?? something else besides having normal to it

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

857. Posted:

well I know for a fact the robin isn't going to end up flying/something other than normal unless it isn't the one you find at the beginning of the game
but we know it is and by the history of these birds you find at the beginning it will stay normal/flying when it evolves
for the 3d and 2d sprites thing
you can turn down the 3d on the 3ds can't you so if you don't have 3d at all everything is 2d anyway
I don't have a 3ds yet so I don't know much about it correct if I'm wrong about this

AuthorMessage

Rensch

858. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

It doesn't really make any difference in gameplay. Ground/Rock works exactly like Rock/Ground does.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

Leecpfc

859. Posted:

I'm really looking forward to X and Y. Finally a proper redesign from Red and Blue! I bought Black, but not the sequel - I assume I'm not missing out on too much?

Leecpfc

Twitter: LeeSmith86

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

860. Posted:

Not too much just few new pokemon and a new mewtwo form is all
Oh the region is karos we've seen the boxarts and region map and pokedex
we can ride actual pokemon instead of a black mass
eevee has a new evolution maybe you've caught up on alot of it but no not missing much ;)