3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 8,381 to 8,400 of 18,261

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

8,381. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

I'm just looking for Shiny Pokémon for collection purposes... and because I've never found one before, lol.

My first Shiny Pokémon was a Nidorino that I caught in the Safari Zone on FireRed.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

8,382. Posted:

Since Flying-Press is both Flying/Fighting I think that B-Kyurem & W-Kyurem's signature moves Freeze Bolt and Ice Burn might possibly become dual Fire/Ice & Electric/Ice respectively. (Idk why but this is the only thread I post on now and I am shying off from posting anywhere else on NL now, I'll probably go on a PC thread or something...) '-'

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

ShadowLugia

8,383. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

@Marakuto Agreed. The post game content in this game is pathetic.

Only if they had spent more time on the game....

Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza

AuthorMessage

ShadowLugia

8,384. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

@ShadowLugia I totally understand how you feel. Its hard to keep playing this game when stuff gets too tedious and not fun anymore.

Yeah hopefully they can fix the post game by events (Non e shop dlc). I mean look at the map there is a massive gap in the region where you can't even visit nor there are any revealed cities, towns or routes etc. Untitled

Friend Code = 4098 - 2313 - 4036
Nintendo Network ID = DarkRayquaza

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

8,385. Posted:

Nice. After visiting the judge, I discovered I got a great Zubat, Drilbur, and protean Froakie, all from 15 minutes of Wonder Trading. Guess I don't have to breed Pokemon myself after all.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Gioku

8,386. Posted:

So... as far as Shiny hunting goes, it takes about 20 seconds from running about in the grass to escaping the battle. So that's 3 Pokémon per minute. That clocks in at a total of 180 Pokémon per hour... so that means it'll take about 5 1/2 hours straight of searching to run into 1000 wild Pokémon... and at 1000, mathematically, my odds should start increasing... that's a lot of searching! ...hopefully a shiny Pokémon shows up before that long, though... o.o

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

8,387. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

So... as far as Shiny hunting goes, it takes about 20 seconds from running about in the grass to escaping the battle. So that's 3 Pokémon per minute. That clocks in at a total of 180 Pokémon per hour... so that means it'll take about 5 1/2 hours straight of searching to run into 1000 wild Pokémon... and at 1000, mathematically, my odds should start increasing... that's a lot of searching! ...hopefully a shiny Pokémon shows up before that long, though... o.o

Actually using the radar method you'll start seeing shinies at 40 successful chains. After 40 you can just keep reseting the bushes until a shiny pops up.

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

Gioku

8,388. Posted:

@WingedSnagret: Chaining is SO FRIGGIN' HARD though! My longest chain was three... I think I can handle just running around in the Safari, though.

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

mew333

8,389. Posted:

adding anyone who is online a lot!
mainly need a safari with...muk
my code is (2492-4792-4741)
its a fighting area with machoke,throw,riolu
please comment with your friend code if you have the area

please comment with your friend code if you have one of these areas
friends code (5214-9226-6550)

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

8,390. Posted:

I just got a 2nd Speed Boost Torchic (Nature: Adamant) from Wonder Trade. :)

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

8,391. Posted:

@Gioku It is rather tricky, but once you know the formula it becomes easier to chain.
That said I've had three instances where the chain went to the early 30's but for some BS reason broke even though I followed the rules exactly. Needless to say I've yet to come across my first shiny...

AuthorMessage

mew333

8,392. Posted:

the easiest way to get a shiny pokemon is chain fishing...
put a pokemon with the suction cup ability in front of your team...(malamar,octillery)...
fish,ran,repeat until shiny!
no knocking out or catching the fish until shiny

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

8,393. Posted:

mew333 wrote:

the easiest way to get a shiny pokemon is chain fishing...
put a pokemon with the suction cup ability in front of your team...(malamar,octillery)...
fish,ran,repeat until shiny!
no knocking out or catching the fish until shiny

Yeah...doesn't work for me. I tried that once with a suction cup Octillery and I still had moments where nothing appeared on the line, breaking the chain. :p

AuthorMessage

UnknownNico

8,394. Posted:

Does anyone have a Sawk they'd be willing to trade for a Throh? I understand that Throh and Sawk are version exclusive this time around, and I'd like one myself.

Edited on by UnknownNico

Hail Sithis.
I've got the power! The Hidden Power!
"That's the way we wash our hands, FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!"-JonTron
Yes, yes, I run on blast processing.
Currently playing: Painkiller: Hell and Damnation, Borderlands 2
I AM STILL NEAR-PERFECT!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2246-5075

AuthorMessage

mew333

8,395. Posted:

as far as i'm aware that doesn't break the chain...
that happened to me a few times and then a few fishes later was my shiny...
i've gotten clauncher,staru,horsea,basculin,and poliwhirl with this method!
didn't like the ivs of them though but they are still shiny!

AuthorMessage

mew333

8,396. Posted:

@UnknownNico
i should be able to trade you a sawk...
if you get the friend safari though you can get them no matter what versions
just have to find a person with the area...

AuthorMessage

Blast

8,397. Posted:

I caught a few Shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Platinum (which is the easist Pokemon game to catch Shiny Pokemon in) but I stopped caring because they only serve one purpose: to brag you caught one. I have never caught a Shiny with the right Nature and stats and Abilites so I just stopped caring.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Blast

8,398. Posted:

ShadowLugia wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

@ShadowLugia I totally understand how you feel. Its hard to keep playing this game when stuff gets too tedious and not fun anymore.

Yeah hopefully they can fix the post game by events (Non e shop dlc). I mean look at the map there is a massive gap in the region where you can't even visit nor there are any revealed cities, towns or routes etc. Untitled

@ShadowLugia EXACTLY!!! Gamefreak visually impressed me so much as I played Pokemon X. I'm just so shocked and sad that Gamefreak didn't add even more places to explore after we beat the game. Its just so stupid to me. If I was Gamefreak... I would say, "Okay, so the gamer just beat the game. Of course the gamer is hungry for more story and stuff to see. Let's do a cool sidequest with N and Giovanni. Let's have the gamer explore a underground palace. Let's make the gamer explore a city trapped in the sky. How about we give the gamer a chance to ride a airplane to some exotic and special themed islands?"
THATS JUST A FEW IDEAS TO MAKE POKEMON X/Y HAVE GOOD POST GAME CONTENT.

AuthorMessage

Gioku

8,399. Posted:

Seems you've just stopped caring about Pokémon altogether, @Blastoise-san...
Some people, though, are still having fun with the game... and that's perfectly OK... different people have fun doing different things, and that's OK...

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Blast

8,400. Posted:

@Gioku Hey, don't get me wrong. I'm a huge Pokemon fan. I luv Pokemon with all my heart. Pokemon Platinum is my favorite game of all time and Pokemon X surpassed that game in many ways but also didn't surpass PK Platinum in various huge ways.
I really liked Pokemon X. Its a easy 10/10 for me. I just hate how Pokemon X barely has anything going for it after we beat the game and I'm so shocked by it because Gamefreak packed sooo much before we beat the game.
I don't play Pokemon games just to battle Pokemon. I play Pokemon games for various reasons. I'm not thrashing you for striving to catch Shiny Pokemon. I'm just saying that striving to catch Shiny Pokemon does not satisfy my taste for something to do in Pokemon X/Y.
There is just so many things Gamefreak could have done when we beat the game.... SO MANY... Lol.