3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 8,261 to 8,280 of 18,335

AuthorMessage

Gridatttack

8,261. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

Could anyone explain friend safaris? Because I have no clue about how they work.

Its simple. They type of the friend safari will be determined by the friend code of the people you have registered.

Since they use the friendcode number, the pokemon you will ecounter there can never be changed.

Also, you cant catch the pokemon that your friend code generates.

All safaris have 3 pokemon to catch. Initially, if the person doesnt have the game or hasnt beat the pkmn league, you can only catch 2 of the 3 pkmns. The third pokemon (which tends to be the best of what you can encounter) will be accesible once your friend completes the game and they are online atleast one time.

Edited on by Gridatttack

Believe in Steven!
3DS: 4554-0649-6542

AuthorMessage

SaveLine

8,262. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

Could anyone explain friend safaris? Because I have no clue about how they work.

Friend Safari is basically an area where you catch pokemon post-game. It is accessible after beating the Elite Four and is located in Kiloude City. The pokemon you can catch there depends on the people you have registered on your Nintendo 3DS. Each person have their own types of safari in which you can find pokemon that corresponds to that typing. For example, if a person has a Dragon-type Friend Safari, the pokemon they may find could be Shelgon, Gabite and Dratini. Though, each person is limited to having a maximum of 3 pokemon that can be found in their safari. When you add someone on your 3DS (and they add you back), you will only be able to see 2 of those pokemon in their Friend Safari. In order to make the 3rd pokemon available, both persons must be online at the same time and the person you added must have beaten the Elite Four.

Pokemon in the Friend Safari are guaranteed to have ATLEAST* 2 maximum IV's per stat, You can also find pokemon here which is otherwise unavailable in the game (besides cheat codes). This is also another way to find Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities (Dreamworld Ability) besides horde battles. It is also much more likely to find pokemon with their hidden abilities when the friend whose safari you are in are online at the same time as you.

Nintendo 3DS XL Friend Code: 3754 - 6575 - 0919
Pokemon X & Y Friend Safari: Electric - Zebstrika, Pikachu, Helioptile(?)

Difference Between School & Life:
In school, you are taught a lesson and then given a test.
In life, you are given a test that teaches you a lesson.

AuthorMessage

MadameJynx

8,263. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

I'm just gonna say that you should really head on over to the friend safari thread if you don't have many friend codes registered! Everyone's really nice about adding each other there. Friend Safaris are really beneficial for breeding perfect IV pokemon (as explained above) if you're into competitive battling, completing your pokedex, and just fun in general.

Edited on by MadameJynx

I'm a strong, independent ice pokemon who don't need no trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0576-4391-5878

AuthorMessage

Metroidlink

8,264. Posted:

after some sleep I finally have trained my haxorus and Gliscor both to lvl 50 :D now off to shiny hunting in friend safaris

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

AuthorMessage

Loser118

8,265. Posted:

Does anyone know how to teach swirlix/slurpuff bellydrum?

Loser118

AuthorMessage

UnknownNico

8,266. Posted:

@Loser118 I think it's an egg move. You have to have either a male Marill or Azumarill (that knows Belly Drum, of course) and have him breed with a female Swirlix or Slurpuff. Eventually, you'll get an egg, out will pop a Swirlix, and it will know Belly Drum.

Edited on by UnknownNico

Hail Sithis.
I've got the power! The Hidden Power!
"That's the way we wash our hands, FA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!"-JonTron
Yes, yes, I run on blast processing.
Currently playing: Painkiller: Hell and Damnation, Borderlands 2
I AM STILL NEAR-PERFECT!!!

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2246-5075

AuthorMessage

Loser118

8,267. Posted:

@UnknownNico do u know who I'd have to breed by any chance?
(I'm quite new to pokemon)

Edited on by Loser118

Loser118

AuthorMessage

UnknownNico

8,268. Posted:

@Loser118. I said it above, either get a male Marill or Azumarill that knows Belly Drum, and breed it with a female Swirlix or Slurpuff. The problem is, Marill and Azumarill can't learn Belly Drum while leveling up. It's an egg move for them as well. So, what you want to do is get either a male Poliwag or Poliwhirl that knows Belly Drum (they learn it while leveling up), and breed it with a female Marill or Azumarill. A Marill will pop out (you need an incense to get Azurill), and then you need to breed the Marill with a Swirlix or Slurpuff. Keep in mind, the. Marill MUST be male, and the Slurpuff or Swirlix MUST be female. After breeding the two, a Swirlix will come out, and conglaturations! You have a Swirlix that knows Belly Drum!

Edited on by UnknownNico

Hail Sithis.

AuthorMessage

Loser118

8,269. Posted:

@UnknownNico wow, can't thank u enough! :)

Loser118

AuthorMessage

UnknownNico

8,270. Posted:

@Loser118 Sure! Have you done it already?

Hail Sithis.

AuthorMessage

Loser118

8,271. Posted:

@UnknownNico nope! But I'll give it a shot!

Loser118

AuthorMessage

distantwolfx44

8,272. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

Pokemon X/Y randomly uses all your 3DS's friends and use them as Safaris for the game. Once you finish the game, you will have access to a town called Kiloude City which is located South East of the map, it's a tiny dotted island where you can fly on it. Once you're there, you find a building named friend safari and then pick the safari you want to go into. However, the Pokemon types giving to you are randomly generated and you cannot control it nor change it. The only way to get other types i to add more people with the specific type that you want. ALSO, you cannot go into your own safari. There is also a higher chance of finding a shiny in friend safari than any other methods. AND ALSO all Pokemon in friend safari will always have 2 randomly perfect IVs, or more (I got a 3 perfect IV Ditto from Friend Safari). Have fun ;) add me btw, here's my 3ds fc: 2938 6842 2680

3DS FC: 2938-6842-2680
PSN: distantwolfx44
~HARD CORE OTAKU~
The Coldfire's Backlog
Raptr Profile/Game collection
Pokemon GL Profile

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6842-2680 | Twitter: coldfirex44

AuthorMessage

KingOfTheDogs

8,273. Posted:

Well I think I'm going start a shiny hunt while watching College Gameday.

Formerly LabradoodleKing and PugKing, now just KingOfTheDogs.

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9493-5098

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

8,274. Posted:

PugKing wrote:

Well I think I'm going start a shiny hunt while watching College Gameday.

Would you like a shiny Croagunk? Or a Eevee? Maybe we could trade but put Game Chat on.

Backlog
Games I'm buying: Super Smash Bros.(3DS got, Wii U coming up), Pokemon OR/AS, and Hyrule Warriors
HYRULE HAIR CARE: MAX VOLUME SPRAY: 95% MORE VOLUME

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother

AuthorMessage

KingOfTheDogs

8,275. Posted:

@3DSfan134 actually I gotta leave in like 2 mins and I won't have any WiFi.

Formerly LabradoodleKing and PugKing, now just KingOfTheDogs.

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9493-5098

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

8,276. Posted:

PugKing wrote:

@3DSfan134 actually I gotta leave in like 2 mins and I won't have any WiFi.

That's okay. I'll save it for later! ;)

Backlog
Games I'm buying: Super Smash Bros.(3DS got, Wii U coming up), Pokemon OR/AS, and Hyrule Warriors
HYRULE HAIR CARE: MAX VOLUME SPRAY: 95% MORE VOLUME

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother

AuthorMessage

Gioku

8,277. Posted:

Okay, went 3 hours in the Friend Safari and found nothing... but I saved in the Safari, so I'll start earlier today and go for longer today. I'm gonna get a Shiny, damnit! :D

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Metroidlink

8,278. Posted:

just me who use tons of milage points to get 30 rare candies :P?

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

8,279. Posted:

@Gioku You can get 2 shiny pokemon from one safari. Just found a SECOND shiny octillery from my little sisters safari. On a semi-related note, I have decided she is the best sister in the universe :D

There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

Arveenserrato10

8,280. Posted:

finding a person to battle and a pinsirite and charizarite x

3926-5346-1175
Water type: krabby, quagsire, frogadier ( people love frogadier )