3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 821 to 840 of 17,761

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

821. Posted:

Raylax wrote:

Tying Normal type to anything almost always seems a strange decision, since it's practically a non-type - that is, it doesn't display any special elemental properties. Seems to me that having a non-normal type ought to nullify 'Normal', biologically speaking. If it can shoot electric out of its eyes then it's not terribly normal :P

Asides that, the 4 new 'mon look pretty cool. That goat is especially rad.

He is actually the first pokemon to have normal as a secondary type.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

822. Posted:

The female trainer for this game is my favorite since Dawn! :D
Am I the only one that thinks that Elikiteru looks like Ripper Roo from Crash Bandicoot? That made me love him.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Peachy

823. Posted:

This CoroCoro did not disappoint at all :D

Yayakoma is so adorable (easily my favorite of the four), but all of them look good. Elikiteru, which looks more like a puppy than a lizard to me, is quickly growing on me as well. And I love the female trainer's design, somewhat questionable skirt length aside (which isn't anything new to the series).

firestarter2398 wrote:

if you pre order when do you get it? Cuz if you end up seeing all the pokemon way before october then what's the point in pokemon making people who can't afford it yet keep waiting for new pokemon

Pre-ordering doesn't allow you to get it before release day (unless a seller mistakenly sells it/ships it early), it's just reserving a copy so you don't have to go hunt for it and hope it hasn't sold out.

Never thought I'd love the pink/white 3DS XL ♥
Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
3DS Friend Code: I'll post it eventually xD

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

824. Posted:

The Pokedex gives me a Digivice vibe this time around! X3

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

825. Posted:

Where is the new Pokedex i cant see it?

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CM30

826. Posted:

Here's the new Pokedex:

Untitled

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:XY_Pokedex.png

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

RetroGBHippie92

827. Posted:

You know, when I saw Gogoat and that he's able to be ridden, it gave me another thought, If Gogoat is ridable on land, then there must/should be a water equivalent. That's when I thought that Lapras should be that pokemon, or at least a preevolution/evolution of lapras, this came to mind because ever since the 1st generation I wanted to ride lapras over the water areas, I mean we got something similar to this idea with Gen 3 (because if you use waimer or wailord in R/B/E you can pretend you're riding them, but the default surfing pokemon sprite remains the same no matter what pokemon you use of course) but it still didn't fullfill my desire to see a trainer riding an ACTUAL pokemon.
Well if the devs can't do that (because it may come off as animal cruelty or something PETA-related), then they should just show the trainer riding a surfboard with that pokemon.
Anyway, let's hope they bring the ability to let a pokemon follow you in real time like they did in Yellow, Heartgold and Soulsilver, I would've thought that'd be a permanent feature of the pokemon series by now.

In all honesty, I haven't seriously played pokemon since HG/SS because I can't really get used to the yearly iterations, when we got Diamond and Pearl it was ok, then Platinum came a year later (wasn't really seeing the point of it), then the remakes of G&S came out (got those), but when I went to Gen V I was starting to get exhausted and only ever bought Black because it was cheap at the time when I found it in a bargain bin. Now I'm back again because a 3D pokemon is just too tempting, can you see where i'm going with this? Yes, I really only play pokemon now when the hardware changes and there are some amazing new concepts, but after a while when we get these new concepts and we get new versions or Gens, the concepts sort of become stale and unappetising, even boring (at least to me). I'm not saying Pokemon is bad, but when we had the DS, I thought Nintendo was gonna just have one or two Gens and nothing else, while a pokemon onslaught came it was great for a while, but I only saw Pokemon getting more complicated, especially with Gen V.
I guess fans just want complexity now, but back when I played the original 4th gen it had three main reasons to be played: It was fun, it was online and it was portable, now fans want better hidden stat mechanics (EV/IV values) etc etc. Can I just say that these new iterations now seem to bring back what made Gen IV fantastic, well at least this is what it looks like from a former pokemon fans view. I know there'll be the same or similar complexity to X & Y as there is in the Black & White games, but I'm going to ignore it once again because I'm not really a competitive Pokemon fan and I like things as simple as possible.
Long story short, I'm buying X and/or Y, I've wanted a proper 3D handheld pokemon for years and now we got one, I can't complain any longer, I'mma gonna buy it.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage

Emaan

828. Posted:

All the Pokemon designs so far for Gen. 6 are solid! :D

Now if we can just get a better capture of those box arts o:

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

829. Posted:

I love the info, the panda is awesome.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

Squid

830. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Now if we can just get a better capture of those box arts o:

Why don't you use a Master Ball?
couldnt help it

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

zoroarkrules25

831. Posted:

Hey guys, you might want to read this: http://pokebeach.com/2013/05/supposed-pokemon-x-and-y-insider... oh and I'm naming the panda peter, who gets the reference.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

832. Posted:

Untitled

Untitled

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

833. Posted:

Untitled

How cant i own this guy?

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

834. Posted:

saw the pokebeach thing and the information does seem legit
but one doubt I had is that of fairy type it seems to be so over powered and this was a massive news corocoro where was fairy type, no where so could this mean it is fake. In my opinion I think I'm leaning towards fake but there is still pokemon samsh to come and this means maybe but if not the source must be fake

FC: 0018-1208-7315

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

835. Posted:

Those artist work quick!

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

836. Posted:

That PokeBeach thing -> Dual-typed moves? My head hurts already :o

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

837. Posted:

How can you have double type moves think of the type matchups there already are and let's through in complicated things double type moves
We'll see something like a water/grass move used on a ground/rock type pokemon 10X damage
I don't see the point in double type moves

FC: 0018-1208-7315

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

838. Posted:

I hope the double type moves thing isn't real. Other than that I don't have a problem with that news being real. Fairy is a weird type choice but if it gives posion a boost...

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

839. Posted:

firestarter2398 wrote:

How can you have double type moves think of the type matchups there already are and let's through in complicated things double type moves
We'll see something like a water/grass move used on a ground/rock type pokemon 10X damage
I don't see the point in double type moves

I'm sorry for being a Grammar Nazi, but it really does bother me when someone doesn't use correct punctuation.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

840. Posted:

Shadowing wrote:

Raylax wrote:

Tying Normal type to anything almost always seems a strange decision, since it's practically a non-type - that is, it doesn't display any special elemental properties. Seems to me that having a non-normal type ought to nullify 'Normal', biologically speaking. If it can shoot electric out of its eyes then it's not terribly normal :P

Asides that, the 4 new 'mon look pretty cool. That goat is especially rad.

He is actually the first pokemon to have normal as a secondary type.

What about Deerling (normal and Grass)? Or Giraffirig (Normal & Psychic)? Or all those normal and flying types?

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~