Forums

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Posts 7,781 to 7,800 of 18,307

PayMeMunna

you gotta put a move like protect with a blaziken - gives you a free speed boost and dont switch him into a hit he cant handle

I dont use one for competitive play but I've battled people who do and he can outrun and sweep you if you dont kill him first lol

Edited on by PayMeMunna

PayMeMunna

3DS Friend Code: 0576-4391-5878 | Nintendo Network ID: Selkaine

sugarpixel

Hey @DreamyViridi (and everyone else), I still can't find that quick claw! Does anyone know specifically where it is, or am I going to have to steal them from Seasels?

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Marakuto

@Gioku Get a Pokemon that has Frisk as it's ability and then use a move to steal the item if you aren't already holding one. If the Pokemon can't learn an item stealing move, try using another that is capable of doing so. I've been doing it for years and managed to get a lot of Leftovers from NPCs and other important items that are essential for Pokemon without using BP in certain places that offer the items. XD

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals ...

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

sugarpixel

@Marakuto: It just so happens that Sneasel has a 50% chance of holding a quick claw; so I can just use thief. If it has it, I get it; if it doesn't I just run away and try again! It's as simple as that; I've done it before getting Heart Scales from Luvdisc.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Snagrio

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

The leaders or the Battle Maison are so cute! Evelyn is my favorite.

They're also great for leveling up. Lucky Egg, Exp O-Power, and bam, two-three levels stronger. >:3

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

sugarpixel

WingedSnagret wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

They're also great for leveling up. Lucky Egg, Exp O-Power, and bam, two-three levels stronger. >:3

I think you are thinking of the Battle Chateau, not the Battle Maison.

Snagrio

Gioku wrote:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think you are thinking of the Battle Chateau, not the Battle Maison.

Doh! Always getting those two mixed up.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

SkywardLink98

Another newbie question: If I trade a pokemon, and trade for it back, will it get the EXP bonus? For example, if I trade my Gible to my brother for his Chestnaut and we trade back, will my Gible be considered a traded pokemon and get the EXP bonus?

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

SkywardLink98

@Gioku Thanks again for the advice! I'm still kinda new to pokemon, and I'm trying to create a decent team this time round.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

sugarpixel

@SkywardLink98: No problem! I'd definitely consider myself a Pokémon veteran; I may not play as "hardcore" as some people, but I definitely know my way around pretty well at this point.

sugarpixel

Woohoo! That team I mentioned yesterday just took down another team of legendaries! I took down Virizion, Articuno, Heatran and Suicune!
Also, Aegislash is an absolute beast, and Greninja is great as a backup guy!

turtlelink

Honestly, people that use teams with only Legendaries tend to not be good (from my experience anyway)

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't get Heatran, Suicune, or Virizion in the game yet... I think you fought a hacker.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

DreamyViridi

turtlelink wrote:

Honestly, people that use teams with only Legendaries tend to not be good (from my experience anyway)

Also, I'm pretty sure you can't get Heatran, Suicune, or Virizion in the game yet... I think you fought a hacker.

Either that or fighting Trainers in the Battle Maison. Battle Frontiers get really cheap the further in you get.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

sugarpixel

Yeah I was doing the battle test. I once had to battle two legendary trainers in a row. Beat the first one... not the second. That sucked.

TheRaven83

Ok, so I beat X long ago and I have bred 6 great IV pokemon. But, raising pokemon after the game is beat is very uninteresting and sometimes difficult when you are dealing with only wild pokemon until you get to like level 60. I was thinking of buying Y and trading them over to do the story again, but then I remembered pokedexes. Do you have to wait until you get certain pokedexes before you can get certain pokemon? Example: I don't think you can get duskull until after you beat the game, so would I have to wait until I got the national dex before I could trade it over?

Seeking Shiny Lickitung, Ghastly, Munchlax and Mareep. My FC:2036-7830-4011 My safari: Grumpig, sygliph, and xatu

Yosheel

Inverted sisters want to battle!
Untitled

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic