Forums

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Posts 7,621 to 7,640 of 18,307

sugarpixel

Okay, cool! Seems my style's been going up, anyway! I can now get into that "High Sushi Roller" place.

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Ecto-1

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Whole box and then some of tyrogue and still no shiny. I think I'm done. Maybe three more but that's it.

Hehe, I'm working on my 6th box of Charmanders (that is over 150 of them). I definitely underestimated how tedious trying to hatch a shiny would be, even using the Masuda Method. By the way, if anyone needs a Charmander, just let me know with an @Ecto-1. I have PLENTY of the little tykes.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

BenAV

I don't think I could ever be bothered breeding for a shiny.
Breeding competitively usable Pokemon is time consuming enough.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Snagrio

I've officially reached Pokemon fan status. I was watching the X and Y anime (the first I'll see all the way through), and it's fun to know the places, music and 'mon since I've actually experienced them myself for the first time. But on the other hand I've forgotten how the anime is so much unlike the games in terms of how battles play out.

Knowing typing, moves, and the Pokemon themselves, I'm already having "nerd rages" when something happens in the anime that clearly would never happen in the games. Oh well, I'll get used to it.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

sugarpixel

I just thought of a cool health restoring move! Kind of like Synthesis (which is Grass type), I think a cool Psychic type equivalent could be something called Phototherapy, which restores health when it's sunny! Maybe give it some sort of minor distinction from Synthesis...

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Joe1sPro

Hey Guys my name is Joe my friend code is 3153-4799-7354. Let me know if you added me I'll add you back

Joe1sPro

Snagrio

Gioku wrote:

I just thought of a cool health restoring move! Kind of like Synthesis (which is Grass type), I think a cool Psychic type equivalent could be something called Phototherapy, which restores health when it's sunny! Maybe give it some sort of minor distinction from Synthesis...

Isn't Rest already a Psychic move though?

Snagrio

Metroidlink

WingedSnagret wrote:

Gioku wrote:

Isn't Rest already a Psychic move though?

But rest puts you to sleep, I think what Gioku want is a move with low PP and no conditions involved

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

sugarpixel

Phototherapy would restore health only in the sun... I think Synthesis works in any weather conditions, but restores more health in the sun...

EvilLucario

Gioku wrote:

Phototherapy would restore health only in the sun... I think Synthesis works in any weather conditions, but restores more health in the sun...

And heals a paltry 33% in any other weather condition. By contrast, in the sun, 66%. Not worth it if you ask me. These weather-dependent healing moves are not the most reliable, due to low PP and easy manipulation from the opponent. I'd rather see Aromatherapy distributed better or more bulky Pokemon counteracting the power creep of Gen 5.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Marakuto

The following starters with their Hidden Abilities will be available but very rare on GTS/Wonder trade:
Hoenn starters (Japanese only all Male and can pass on their hidden ability)
Sinnoh starters (Japanese and USA only and all Male, but again can pass on their hidden ability)

Johto starters weren't released in 5th gen so if you receive one with a Hidden ability, it's hacked. Be cautious if you ever see them online, they're hard to find and you'll be lucky to get one once Pokemon Bank is released.

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

EvilLucario

Marakuto wrote:

The following starters with their Hidden Abilities will be available but very rare on GTS/Wonder trade:
Hoenn starters (Japanese only all Male and can pass on their hidden ability)
Sinnoh starters (Japanese and USA only and all Male, but again can pass on their hidden ability)

Johto starters weren't released in 5th gen so if you receive one with a Hidden ability, it's hacked. Be cautious if you ever see them online, they're hard to find and you'll be lucky to get one once Pokemon Bank is released.

I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for the initial heads-up.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

I wish Goodra could learn Follow Me. That would be perfect for it. Although, it wouldn't be able to use it with AV, hm. I really wish that move would get more damn distribution. Barely anyone knows it.

HOLY CRUD YOU CANS AVE MORE THAN ONE BATTLE VIDEO!! This game is amazing!!

So I've been wonder trading some Tyrogues. I got a near perfect Gale Wings Fletchling and a protean Froakie!! although the Fraokie has terrible Sp Attk IV's.
Edit: just got a Japanese Torchic!! Wonder trade if fun!! If anyone wants a near perfect tyrogue just let me know.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

turtlelink

@Retro, 4/6 or 5/6 ivs and what natures do you got? If Impish, I'll reserve one . I'll trade ya a Heracross or something.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Blast

Pokemon-Amie does have its cool effects. I've been getting really close to my Charizard via Pokemon-amie and I noticed cool stuff because of it. Like the dialouge during battles are changed. Example: 'You can do it, Charizard! I believe in you! Be strong!" and "Charizard is patentily waiting for his friend to make a decision..." Its really cool and I luv this. I feel more attached to Charizard

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Snagrio

Blastoise-san wrote:

Pokemon-Amie does have its cool effects. I've been getting really close to my Charizard via Pokemon-amie and I noticed cool stuff because of it. Like the dialouge during battles are changed. Example: 'You can do it, Charizard! I believe in you! Be strong!" and "Charizard is patentily waiting for his friend to make a decision..." Its really cool and I luv this. I feel more attached to Charizard

Also when you get around to 4-5 Affection your Pokemon will actually glace back at you looking for guidance when first sent out in battle. It's the little details that make something great.

Though at the same time when their health gets red the dialogue says, "(so and so) is in a pinch. It looks like it might cry." I feel so guilty when that happens. But at least when healed they become "thrilled to bits."

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

Blast

WingedSnagret wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Also when you get around to 4-5 Affection your Pokemon will actually glace back at you when first sent out in battle. It's the little details.

Though at the same time when their health gets red the dialogue says, "(so and so) is in a pinch. It looks like it might cry." I feel so guilty when that happens. But at least when healed they become "thrilled to bits."

Oh man that is adorable and awesome at the same time!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

turtlelink

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

@turtlelink majority ended up 3/6 actually, lol. I'll see if I have a 4/6. They're all Adament but I can get you an impish one.

Alright thanks man. idk if you know, but Destiny knots help pass down more ivs so that can help you with your IV breeding.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic