3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 7,601 to 7,620 of 18,291

AuthorMessage

Gioku

7,601. Posted:

So, in the Battle Chateau... how high will the levels of opponents eventually get? They're around 25-30 right now...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Blast

7,602. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

So, in the Battle Chateau... how high will the levels of opponents eventually get? They're around 25-30 right now...

You gotta keep battling over and over. Then you gotta upgrade your status aka Writ so you can fight really strong trainers like Gym Leaders again.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Gioku

7,603. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Gioku wrote:

You gotta keep battling over and over. Then you gotta upgrade your status aka Writ so you can fight really strong trainers like Gym Leaders again.

Well, I already knew about that... I'm just wondering how high the levels will get.

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

7,604. Posted:

If I'm not wrong, they reached around 50 to 55. And I fought Gym Leaders and the Elite 4 there. :3

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

Buduski

7,605. Posted:

@Marakuto, , thanks I appreciate it, if you happen to know anybody that might have that hidden ability abra please refer them to me, I really am having a hard time finding one.

Buduski
3DS FC: 2079-6736-7036

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6736-7036 | Nintendo Network ID: Buduski

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

7,606. Posted:

There's one feature I really wish was implemented better. You know the option to have one of your Pokemon follow you out of its ball from previous gens? Why was that left out? Furthermore, I wish you could ride your own Pokemon around instead of a couple places with random Skiddos/Gogoats. Sure there would be limitations as to what can be ridden (no way a Caterpie can carry you for example), but it still feels like a missed opportunity.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Gioku

7,607. Posted:

@WingedSnagret: It felt more like an experiment to me than a major new game mechanic. It felt like they were trying out having rideable Pokémon. And, if people like it, they can always do more with it in the future! :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Metroidlink

7,608. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

@WingedSnagret: It felt more like an experiment to me than a major new game mechanic. It felt like they were trying out having rideable Pokémon. And, if people like it, they can always do more with it in the future! :)

maybe if HGSS and XY morphed your pokemon walked behind you and if you wanted you could ride your pokemon :D

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

AuthorMessage

kwesdog

7,609. Posted:

Feel free to add. FC below.

Kwes

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7866-1813

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

7,610. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

The fact that Zygarde didn't get any kind of Arc or backstory is just...terrible. I luv PK X/Y but there are just some really stupid flaws in the game.
Gamefreak needs to throw in a difficulty setting... oh wait a sec... They did that with Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 but they didn't do it for X/Y....

Oh you mean like every other other Pokemon game ever? Zygarde will have it's own game!

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CM30

7,611. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

The fact that Zygarde didn't get any kind of Arc or backstory is just...terrible. I luv PK X/Y but there are just some really stupid flaws in the game.
Gamefreak needs to throw in a difficulty setting... oh wait a sec... They did that with Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 but they didn't do it for X/Y....

Oh you mean like every other other Pokemon game ever? Zygarde will have it's own game!

This. Rayquaza, Girantina and Kyurem had no backstory in their initial appearances, but the third version/sequels gave them both a unique story related purpose and in the case of the latter two, new formes.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Gioku

7,612. Posted:

Kyurem had a bit of a story in BW... you know, the town whose residents hid inside at night to avoid the monster from space? That was Kyurem. ;)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Blast

7,613. Posted:

If Zygarde's backstory is the only thing added in Pokemon Z or Pokemon X/Y 2 then that it not enough to get me to buy the game. I already have Zygarde. Giving me another one with a backstory in a later game doesn't do anything special for me.
A chance to see another region with Pokemon X/Y's graphics would be enough to buy PK Z or PK X/Y 2.
A chance to experience Battle Frontier remade in Pokemon X/Y's graphics would be enough to buy PK Z or PK X/Y 2.
A chance to play the game with a much higher difficulty setting would be enough to buy PK Z or PK X/Y 2.
Actually answering the fans complaints about PK X/Y would be enough for me to buy PK Z or PK X/Y 2.
But a game with just Zygarde's backstory? I don't care how amazing the story is. I already have Zygarde. The oppourtinity to have a legit backstory for Zygarde was lost as soon as I caught him.

AuthorMessage

CM30

7,614. Posted:

I wouldn't worry about that. Third versions/sequels always add a lot more, and the general trend has been increased differentiation between each 'sequel' game in the series.

Emerald changed the story, added special battle features.
Platinum changed it more, added new Pokemon form, Distortion World, etc.
Black and White 2 changed the gym leaders, added new forms for Kyurem, changed the Elite Four/champion, new towns/areas, new soundtrack...
My bet is that W and Z add either a new region, new Pokemon or both.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

7,615. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

If Zygarde's backstory is the only thing added in Pokemon Z or Pokemon X/Y 2 then that it not enough to get me to buy the game. I already have Zygarde. Giving me another one with a backstory in a later game doesn't do anything special for me.
A chance to see another region with Pokemon X/Y's graphics would be enough to buy PK Z or PK X/Y 2.
A chance to experience Battle Frontier remade in Pokemon X/Y's graphics would be enough to buy PK Z or PK X/Y 2.
A chance to play the game with a much higher difficulty setting would be enough to buy PK Z or PK X/Y 2.
Actually answering the fans complaints about PK X/Y would be enough for me to buy PK Z or PK X/Y 2.
But a game with just Zygarde's backstory? I don't care how amazing the story is. I already have Zygarde. The oppourtinity to have a legit backstory for Zygarde was lost as soon as I caught him.

Well, with each "sister game", there was always a hook to it.

Yellow was loosely based on the anime.
Crystal first introduced the idea of the Battle Tower and the female character.
Emerald put both opposing teams on the same side, while completely expanding the Battle Tower.
Platinum introduced the idea of new formes of Pokemon that actually mean different playstyles (Shaymin-S) in combat.
Black 2 / White 2 were direct sequels to Black 1 / White 1, with different plot progression and sequence of events.

We don't know anything about Z, but knowing Game Freak, they'll always find some way to tempt us older Pokemon fans.

EDIT: Greninja'd.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

Blast

7,616. Posted:

EvilLucario wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Well, with each "sister game", there was always a hook to it.

Yellow was loosely based on the anime.
Crystal first introduced the idea of the Battle Tower and the female character.
Emerald put both opposing teams on the same side, while completely expanding the Battle Tower.
Platinum introduced the idea of new formes of Pokemon that actually mean different playstyles (Shaymin-S) in combat.
Black 2 / White 2 were direct sequels to Black 1 / White 1, with different plot progression and sequence of events.

We don't know anything about Z, but knowing Game Freak, they'll always find some way to tempt us older Pokemon fans.

EDIT: Greninja'd.

I hope you're right. Pokemon Platinum is one my favorite games of all time, by the way.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

7,617. Posted:

Has anyone else noticed that you can make Pokemon forget HM moves via the Move Deleter guy? I keep hearing complaints about HMs being permanent, but I've removed all the ones I don't need with the Deleter a long time ago. I guess most haven't found him or something?

Edited on by WingedSnagret

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

7,618. Posted:

Permanent in that you can't remove it by naturally forgetting. That's the main complaint of HMs. We all know about the Move Deleter since Gen 2, and HMs should have been changed long ago.

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)

DESTROY THEM ALL!!

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

7,619. Posted:

EvilLucario wrote:

Permanent in that you can't remove it by naturally forgetting. That's the main complaint of HMs. We all know about the Move Deleter since Gen 2, and HMs should have been changed long ago.

Oh, okay I understand now. The way everyone was talking it sounded like you couldn't forgot an HM period (Pokemon newbie here). But still, I know how annoying they are...

AuthorMessage

EvilLucario

7,620. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

EvilLucario wrote:

Oh, okay I understand now. The way everyone was talking it sounded like you couldn't forgot an HM period (Pokemon newbie here). But still, I know how annoying they are...

Stop. Don't give me Gen 1 / 4 flashbacks.

DESTROY THEM ALL!!