3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 761 to 780 of 18,197

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

761. Posted:

@CM30 - Adding more things can help some things but cause more problems than it's worth. Out of interest; how can Dragons be nerfed or improve on Ice- Types?

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Rensch

762. Posted:

The game is already unbalanced. The grass and ice types are weak against too much. Dragon is overpowered.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

763. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

The game is already unbalanced. The grass and ice types are weak against too much. Dragon is overpowered.

True, Poison is also really bad. Only effective against one type and weak to two, both of which are kinda common.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

764. Posted:

They just need to make Stealth Rock not broken. I'm barely starting to learn competitive, but anyone can see, it's a huge factor against many Pokémon's ranking. I'm not saying every Pokémon has to be OU, but there's an issue when one hazard move takes one turn to set up fully, and another two take multiple turns, and the former still does more damage and isn't avoided by any types too. The only upside to using either Spikes is that Toxic Spikes afflicts Poison.

Edited on by Drawdler

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Squid

765. Posted:

I'm hoping that they don't shut down the Pokémon Global Link once X/Y are out. I still use that a lot and it would stink if they don't allow it with X/Y and shut it down for B/W. I plan on keeping those games. :( But I guess it's gonna happen eventually.

Edited on by Squid

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

MrMario02

766. Posted:

Rensch wrote:

Ice is one of the best offensive types according to bulbapedia.

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

767. Posted:

MrMario02 wrote:

Rensch wrote:

Base stats aside and the focus on typing, the only fully-evolved Pokemon to bare simply the dragon type is Haxorus and Druddigon, and the latter is easily outmatched by other choices; all the other ones are dual-typed.
As for ice, having its moves at your access is very useful, but at the top of my head I can't think of a great one to use in the standardized metagame...

Edited on by KiwiPanda

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

3DS Friend Code: 2020-0178-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

768. Posted:

Basically what @RedPanda said. Ice is great for attacking a bunch of types but sucks defensively. Even the STAB can't make up for it, just being super effective gives it a better boost than being an Ice type and hitting something neutral anyway. Not to mention Hail is a rare weather condition. Being an Ice-type is also not that great against other type options anyway, because Water-types get boosted by the common Rain, and many of those already learn Ice moves.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

MrMario02

769. Posted:

RedPanda wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

Rensch wrote:

Base stats aside and the focus on typing, the only fully-evolved Pokemon to bare simply the dragon type is Haxorus and Druddigon, and the latter is easily outmatched by other choices; all the other ones are dual-typed.
As for ice, having its moves at your access is very useful, but at the top of my head I can't think of a great one to use in the standardized metagame...

Ice has moves that freeze people as well making it more useful offensively.

Edited on by MrMario02

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

770. Posted:

Hail was usable from Abomasnow in the average metagame before DW Politoed came in, although even then Tyranitar and Hippowdon were usually better for the many extra abilities having to do with sand. With gen six I'm hoping for new abilities based on hail and just a few support/offensive ice 'mons, because that could really spice up the competition. As of now, rain is way OP. A good rain team can practically only be beaten by Trick Room teams...

Previously RedPanda.
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
~
~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

771. Posted:

I'm hoping Poison can get some sort of boost this new gen.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RikuzeYre

772. Posted:

So planning on downloading one version and buyin the other?

RikuzeYre

AuthorMessage

NoUsernameHere

773. Posted:

Fingers crossed for a Grass/Steel Starter Evolution,Fire/Ground Starter Evolution,and a Water/Rock Starter Evolution.

Buying: SSB4 (3DS and Wii U), Pokemon OR/AS (3DS) The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
T3H K00L KR@B
Formerly PSI_King, WarioMan and Ace_The_Elf.

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

KiwiPanda

774. Posted:

RikuzeYre wrote:

So planning on downloading one version and buyin the other?

Yep.

Previously RedPanda.
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
~
~

AuthorMessage

Rensch

775. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

If there is a Fairy type, I think that it will be weak to Electric(there's an Eeveelution chart on Pokémon.com and Eeveelutions are adjacent to ones that they are weak/strong against). Still, every rumour is a tall tale to me.

I actually think it should be the other way around. Electric is strong against three different types, yet only Ground-type moves provide an effective counter to it. Apart from Normal, there's no other type with only one weakness.

AuthorMessage

KryptoKrunch

776. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'm hoping Poison can get some sort of boost this new gen.

Same here. I always thought Poison should be super effective against Water. They could always take from Gen. 1 and have Poison super effective against Bug but I think Poison SE against Water would be better. Water only has 2 weaknesses anyway, a third weakness would match the number of weaknesses Fire types have.

http://www.prizerebel.com/index.php?r=KryptoKrunch

[3DS Friend Code: 2793-1322-9869] Pokemon X/Y FS Type: Bug.
[NNID: KryptoniteKrunch]

AuthorMessage

RikuzeYre

777. Posted:

Electric needs to stay that way.

RikuzeYre

AuthorMessage

Rensch

778. Posted:

Normal is a weird type as well. It does have a weakness to Fighting, but Normal attacks don't hit for Super Effective damage against anything. I guess it is that way because Normal-type moves are so common and there's much more of them than in any other type (not all offensive off course, but still...). Anyway I think it would be interesting to see a new type that is weak to Normal.

Incidentally, there's a lot of info coming up today about these new versions. Look it up at Serebii.

Edited on by Rensch

AuthorMessage

Lalivero

779. Posted:

Not today but we'll get info from CoroCoro next week and Smash will likely go over all of it.

...formerly - Chriiis

3DS Friend Code: 4742-6833-4680 | Nintendo Network ID: Lalivero

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

780. Posted:

I've only seen that there will be a huge announcement on pokemon smash but will be corocoro probally
Because they say massive and lots of information my guess is we get more about the new mewtwo form and sylveon's type and evolution method
xerneas and yveltal types and more pokemon hopefully at least 3

FC: 0018-1208-7315