3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 7,561 to 7,580 of 18,248

AuthorMessage

Blast

7,561. Posted:

Wonder_Mask wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Pokemon X/Y is a step in the right direction for future Pokemon games. Beautiful world, great music, and interesting story. It just been coulda more. ALOT more. I look at Pokemon X/Y as a really good game that has flaws.
The next Pokemon game oughta be really good. :)

The only thing I found to be lacking was the amount of content post-game.

Agreed fully. I couldn't help but wonder... Why didn't we get our own house? The Looker Arc is fun and awesome but its the only Arc after we beat the game. We can't explore cool places after the game besides Kiloude City (which wasn't that pretty). There's just a huge feeling of: "Why didn't Gamefreak add this?" as I look at Pokemon X/Y after beating it.

I know I keep saying this but I really wish they had thrown in Battle Frontier instead of Battle Miason.
I wish we coulda seen past gym leaders from different regions.
And there are so many empty loopholes in the game that aren't explained at all.

If I was Gamefreak, I woulda been like: "So the gamer just finished the main story. They are hungry for more. We gave them this Looker Arc. But we gotta do more. How about we insert any epic thing here that Gamefreak didn't do but should've done"

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Gioku

7,562. Posted:

So in case you were wondering, here's what StreetPass does:

• When you get a StreetPass from another Pokémon player, you get Pokémiles.
  • Pokémiles can be exchanged for items on pokemon-gl.com.
  • You can collect your received Pokémiles under the Holocaster option in the PSS menu.

...and that's it. ;)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Blast

7,563. Posted:

The Pokemon formula is golden. I just think they should use aspects from Harvest Moon (give it a more "life" feeling, Shin Megami Tensei (can add a gritty presence, Persona (just play Persona 4 Golden and you'll see how Pokemon could take some notes from that game), Kingdom Hearts (great voice acting and you feel like a pivotal character in a grand story) and.... Tales series (huge developed worlds with a wide variety of characters with rich pasts).
Lol am I the only one who thinks the interior of the Elite 4 building reminds them of Kingdom Hearts? XD

AuthorMessage

Marakuto

7,564. Posted:

@Blastoise-san Yeah I kinda got the KH vibe too.

I started chaining today and failed at 36 because of going to help someone. I decided to try out the Pokeradar in Pokemon Diamond again and since the game was slower paced, it made it very easy to reset the radar in odd spots, but not the chain. I got shiny Floatzels and one Dusclops which was a buttwad for breaking the chain. I'll hopefully do better this time around since I was closer than ever to get shiny Litleos.

Edited on by Marakuto

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage

Blast

7,565. Posted:

Marakuto wrote:

@Blastoise-san Yeah I kinda got the KH vibe too.

I started chaining today and failed at 36 because of going to help someone. I decided to try out the Pokeradar in P

LOL I KNOW RIGHT?!?!? Have you ever played Kingdom Hearts 1 or Kingdom Hearts 3D for 3DS??? There are areas in those games that look incredibly similar to the interior of Elite 4.
Heck, as soon as I entered that blue and black color dominated area in Elite 4... I was half expecting a voice from Kingdom Hearts to say in Pokemon X/Y, "Don't be afraid. You are the one who will open the door."

AuthorMessage

Gioku

7,566. Posted:

I'll just go all out: here's my dream Pokémon game (that I've spent a lot of time thinking up!):

Main idea: instead of setting out to stop the villains from taking control, they've already won. And you decide to set out to fix the world.
So, for convenience's sake, lets just say it was Team Rocket who took over (we don't really need a new villain team, Team Rocket is plenty good enough). So Giovanni is now a dictator.

You were born and have lived in the underground. Your character is a bit older than the usual Pokémon protagonist; maybe 19-21 years old. You get your starter Pokémon from your mentor, who in turn got it from the black market. As usual, there are three to choose from; and you have a "rival" who gets one of them. Although, he's less of a rival and more of a partner.

You have to bring along your own PC storage device and your own Pokéballs; Team Rocket can track your use of both. You must stay out of Pokémon Centers, they can track you there, too; instead you must go to underground healers. You must stay out of the cities as much as possible, instead taking back routes.

All the new Pokémon of this game would be genetic experiments from Team Rocket; otherwise the amount of Pokémon is low, due to Team Rocket's doings. Pokémon like Koffing, Grimer, and Trubbish still abound, however.

Instead of Gym Leaders, the bosses of this game would be key members of Team Rocket. Because of the lack of gyms and thus badges, you gain the use of higher level Pokémon with respect points, eventually maxing out and allowing use of Level 100 Pokémon.

Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobalion would feature heavily in the story, being important in the climax (they appear whenever Pokémon are being oppressed, as they are now). Your Rival is valiantly killed in an intense battle at some point in the story.

...and that's the jist of it! ...I hope somebody reads all that and/or thinks it's a good idea! :D

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Blast

7,567. Posted:

@Gioku Thats...actually a very interesting concept and I would happily play it if the story was amazing :) Nice idea, man!

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

7,568. Posted:

@Gioku Interesting. I can see such a plot idea in a spin-off or crossover, but as an installment in the main series it seems a bit too drastic a change. But that's just me. But overall I like the difference of story.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

BieGamer

7,569. Posted:

have you guys seen the news about the mega evolution of Latios and Latias?

Name: Bie
Friend Code: 0834-1814-5131
Friend Safar: Ghost-type with Shuppet, Phantump and Drifloon

AuthorMessage

DaveGX

7,570. Posted:

@Goiku: Interesting idea. I don't know if any exist yet, but mine would be a similar concept, but rather than focusing on battling it'd more or less focus on Pokémon using abilities, (like what you'd expect from the Stadium series mini games or TV series), and a quest/vision for freedom as to coexist or simply be companions rather than caught/owned by trainers or as pets. So there could still be gyms but they'd be like exercise and recreational. Pokéballs would banished/outlawed and be on the deactivation list. I don't know that I'd do the whole underground thing, though and/or Team Rocket being in complete control; That's actually more similar to the old CBS Saturday morning Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon. (before Sonic X, Underground, etc, and 2nd to Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Archie comics also extended it into a series of comics but i'm not exactly sure if and how far the story is completed and ended that series) However, Team Rocket's existence wouldn't be completely out of the ?, perhaps it'd be them who goes underground? All in all, we'd see Pokémon in a whole new light and age, not too sure what I'd do different for a plot, though. If any other changes, I'd wish this for console release, with (limited) handheld support and definitely liven up the environments and Pokémon; I know people will argue this 1, but I feel a sense of realism honestly couldn't hurt the series as long as we're not completely re-imagining them. More or less it would be retexturizing/reskinning them to look modern/more natural.

3DS FC: 4768-7451-8056
3DS Mii QR code: http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h447/DaveGX2/HNI_0002.jpg

AuthorMessage

Metroidlink

7,571. Posted:

@Gioku Interesting story, much darker than any previous pokemon games. I would personally loved this game and just keep restarting my game just to relive the story over and over and ovar again :D

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

AuthorMessage

KingOfTheDogs

7,572. Posted:

@Gioku it sounds interesting but I think it might be kinda of boring to only have those pokemon.

Formerly LabradoodleKing and PugKing, now just KingOfTheDogs.

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9493-5098

AuthorMessage

Gioku

7,573. Posted:

Thanks for the feedback guys! Mainly, the idea is of a post-apocalyptic scenario in which you have limited resources - I imagine doing things like hijacking old pickup trucks or breaking into convenience stores at night for supplies - i think that would be cool. As well as carrying around your PC with you - I imagine it as a laptop your character carries with extra wires and devices sticking out if it. And you can only use black market Pokéballs, because Team Rocket can track the use of normal Pokéballs. I'd want Mega Evolution to play an important role as well; possibly make it so that Team Rocket has invented new Mega Evolutions, along with their genetic experiments.

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

7,574. Posted:

Pokémon should be more like this.
Untitled
Tools for war, not your best friend.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

7,575. Posted:

@Gioku - The concept's awesome, it's a rather dramatic change though. Maybe the game would be like XD or Colosseum and be its own thing.

...Well, that happened. Breeding Eevees for a Hidden Ability Female with a decent nature. Hours of breeding, all dudes but now... Well, I guess I have my first bred shiny (making it my third shiny encounter ever) in my hands! I got a shiny before a female, don't know what to say about that...
I'd love to use it, though the ability is normal and the nature is questionable. Hmmm....

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Gioku

7,576. Posted:

I remember hoping that this is what Spritzee would evolve into:
Untitled
...and being a bit disappointed by Aromatisse... :|

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

7,577. Posted:

...Aromatisse looks like more of a natural progression than that.
But yeah it disappointed everyone.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

7,578. Posted:

I was reminded by reading on Bulbapedia that Spritzee was partially based on a plague doctor... I wish they would've gone more with that than ending up only vaguely referencing it in Aromatisse... but oh well. Aromatisse is OK too.

Edited on by Gioku

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

7,579. Posted:

Robo-Knight wrote:

Nintendofan134 wrote:

Robo-Knight wrote:

Would anyone here like too trade a Level 1 or any low level Bulbasaur for a Level 1 Charmander please?

I would! Does it have the mega stone inside it?

@Nintendofan134
No, it does not, but if you go too Lumiouse City's Stone Store, one of the NPC's will sell you the remaining 1st Gen Starter Mega Stones for 10K each, IE, I chose a Squirtle & got the Mega Stone for Blastoise from Prof. Sycamore at some point in the Game so the NPC from the Stone Store sold me the Mega Stones for Charizard & Venusaur.

My Friend Code's 2750-1893-4742 if you still want too trade.

Added you. But I have to get a Charmander right now.

Ganon confirmed to be 2handsome4u.
My Backlog of Handsome Ganon
Games I'm hyped for: Super Smash Bros for 3DS(obviously), Mother 4(fan-game), Hyrule Warriors(Ganonstyle), Super Smash Bros for Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and more to come.

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

7,580. Posted:

Robo-Knight wrote:

Nintendofan134 wrote:

Robo-Knight wrote:

Would anyone here like too trade a Level 1 or any low level Bulbasaur for a Level 1 Charmander please?

I would! Does it have the mega stone inside it?

@Nintendofan134
No, it does not, but if you go too Lumiouse City's Stone Store, one of the NPC's will sell you the remaining 1st Gen Starter Mega Stones for 10K each, IE, I chose a Squirtle & got the Mega Stone for Blastoise from Prof. Sycamore at some point in the Game so the NPC from the Stone Store sold me the Mega Stones for Charizard & Venusaur.

My Friend Code's 2750-1893-4742 if you still want too trade.

Added you. But I have to get a Charmander right now.
Edit: I've saved my game in Glitch City,but it didn't freeze thanks to the patch I downloaded.:D

Edited on by 3DSfan134

Ganon confirmed to be 2handsome4u.
My Backlog of Handsome Ganon
Games I'm hyped for: Super Smash Bros for 3DS(obviously), Mother 4(fan-game), Hyrule Warriors(Ganonstyle), Super Smash Bros for Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles X, and more to come.

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother