Forums

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Posts 7,441 to 7,460 of 18,307

Swiket

Apparently, EVs now max at 252 instead of unnecessarily maxing out at 255.

Swiket

EvilLucario

Indeed - it removes another factor of potential mistakes when EV training.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

Just a random question, does Gooey go both ways (you use an attack that makes contact with the opponent and vice versa) Or just one of the 2?
Im asking because i just bred a Goomy with an perfect Attack nature per accident, and an Speed-lowering Outrage sounds amazing.

Vibes and low lights

DreamyViridi

Y'know, now that I think about it, some of my Pokémon over at Black 2 have 255 EVs because I couldn't be bothered to count. What do you think happens when I transfer them over here? Will some stats be redone to 252?

@CorporalPegasus - Contact with the Pokémon lowers the attacker's Speed stat. So it probably doesn't go both ways, but you can always experiment.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

edhe

I'm now entering Route 12 from Shalour City and the lady sitting down is speaking in German. Anyone else experiencing this?

"Pokémon sind im Pokéball. Ich sitze auf dem Stuhl."

Weird...

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

EvilLucario

You know, I think I found a plausible ingame reason why there's only 72 new Pokemon in this game: the Great War 3000 years ago wiped most of them out.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Swiket

edhe wrote:

I'm now entering Route 12 from Shalour City and the lady sitting down is speaking in German. Anyone else experiencing this?

"Pokémon sind im Pokéball. Ich sitze auf dem Stuhl."

Weird...

lol, that's intentional.

Swiket

sugarpixel

Goomy is doing well! She's up to level 31 already (from level one), and already knows one of the final moves I want her to know (Sludge Wave). It can't learn Flamethrower yet, though. Oh well. Anyway, it's already showing amazing potential in Special Defense, it's its second highest stat (behind HP). I've been EV training it in HP and Special Attack, with a little bit put into Special Defense and Defense (just for a little help).

Also, Restaurant Le Wow is awesome for training pokémon, guys! It's the best!

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

Metroidlink

Gioku wrote:

Goomy is doing well! She's up to level 31 already (from level one), and already knows one of the final moves I want her to know (Sludge Wave). It can't learn Flamethrower yet, though. Oh well. Anyway, it's already showing amazing potential in Special Defense, it's its second highest stat (behind HP). I've been EV training it in HP and Special Attack, with a little bit put into Special Defense and Defense (just for a little help).

Also, Restaurant Le Wow is awesome for training pokémon, guys! It's the best!

@Gioku As I asked earlier, can I get one without nickname or one specialised for me? I am available now

Currently playing:
Pokemon X
Bravely Default
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The metrologgery

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3777-0646 | Nintendo Network ID: Metrolink

sugarpixel

Okay, so Trick-or-Treat is the best move ever; its description is:
"The user takes the target trick-or-treating. This adds Ghost type to the target's type."

That is the best description of a move, ever. 'nuff said!

Edited on by sugarpixel

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

firestarter2398

EvilLucario wrote:

You know, I think I found a plausible ingame reason why there's only 72 new Pokemon in this game: the Great War 3000 years ago wiped most of them out.

Well that's a good point.

FC: 0018-1208-7315

Happy_Mask

So, monochrome Pokémon rumor. Prolly false.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

CorporalPegasus

DreamyViridi wrote:

@CorporalPegasus - Contact with the Pokémon lowers the attacker's Speed stat. So it probably doesn't go both ways, but you can always experiment.

I have given it Power Whip, Earthquake and Aqua Tail, but none activate Gooey. Not sure if Outrage is any different, but i doubt it. Still an amazing abillity. Great special wall, and most physical attacks will result in lower speed. Might still train it further, if just for the element of suprise. (Opponent switching into a special wall, because most Goodra run special sets, go Outrage)

@Wonder_Mask Its real, but just unofficial, its caused by a glitch. GF likely will patch it silently (If they haven't already.)

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Vibes and low lights

Ecto-1

Gioku wrote:

Okay, so Trick-or-Treat is the best move ever; its description is:
"The user takes the target trick-or-treating. This adds Ghost type to the target's type."

That is the best description of a move, ever. 'nuff said!

Lol, no kidding! I actually find the move pretty useful in battle too!

On an unrelated side note, if anyone needs a Charmander, let me know. I currently have about 120 of them...

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

sugarpixel

Another weird side note about Trick-or-Treat (and Forest's Curse) is that it doesn't replace the type; it adds a type, even if the opponent is dual type. In the case of a dual type, you end up with a triple type pokémon, which I might imagine has some possibly interesting implications...

Twitter | ko-fi | YouTube | Backloggery

Add me on Nintendo Switch! SW-5806-7479-1875

Switch Friend Code: SW-5806-7479-1875 | 3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | My Nintendo: FlutterBug | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku | Twitter:

TeeJay

So Tyranitar can't learn the moves I was hoping to have it learn, so...I guess I have to go with Goomey like the rest of the world.

Sigh...the breeding process begins...

TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LordJumpMad

TeeJay wrote:

So Tyranitar can't learn the moves I was hoping to have it learn, so...I guess I have to go with Goomey like the rest of the world.

Sigh...the breeding process begins...

Stop being stupid Teejay

(︺︹︺)

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Holy crud I just had the most annoying battle ever! Some dude had a hidden ability Dragonite so my super effective hits wouldn't do much at all. He would roost back to full health and so again its hidden ability kicks in. Then he goes for substitute and then thunderwave. He kept alternating be substitute and roost for effing 10 minutes. Jesus! He couldn't even hurt my team. I'm assuming his strategy was to bore opponents into forfeiting!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic