3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 7,421 to 7,440 of 17,792

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ilovegaming

7,421. Posted:

@Gioku Well, they pair up pretty well, especially since the lowered speed from Goodra's gooey will allow Metagross to outspeed other pokemon and hit them hard! I also want to ev train a Goodra but there are so many possibilities that I don't know where to start! :P

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

7,422. Posted:

One last Goodra question: how does it learn Sludge Wave? Is it just by level up, or do I have to do something special?

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EvilLucario

7,423. Posted:

Gooey doesn't seem as good as an ability as Hydration. Instant recovery in the rain when using rest sounds better than lowering the Speed of the opponent when Goodra gets hit or dies, as Goodra would still be slow enough to go last with minimal Speed investment.

That's what I think, anyways. Gooey might be a better choice.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EvilLucario

7,424. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

One last Goodra question: how does it learn Sludge Wave? Is it just by level up, or do I have to do something special?

TM34.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ilovegaming

7,425. Posted:

@Gioku It learns it with TM34, which is a prize in the Battle Maison- however, I would suggest that you instead teach it Sludge Bomb (also a TM, TM36, found in route 19) . Sludge Wave has 95 base power and a 10% chance to poison, whereas Sludge Bomb has 90% base power (only slightly weaker) but it has a 30% chance to poison, which is a great plus! I really think that the 5 drop in power is worth the 20 increase in the chance to poison an opponent! :)

Edited on by ilovegaming

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ilovegaming

7,426. Posted:

EvilLucario wrote:

Gooey doesn't seem as good as an ability as Hydration. Instant recovery in the rain when using rest sounds better than lowering the Speed of the opponent when Goodra gets hit or dies, as Goodra would still be slow enough to go last with minimal Speed investment.

That's what I think, anyways. Gooey might be a better choice.

I agree. I also think that with Goodra's great defenses and with a little help from the EVs it can take hits, then rest to recover to full hp and wake up instantly during rain. It's an amazing pokemon and all 3 of its abilities can be used in teams to provide support.

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage
Avatar

feelthesarcasm

7,427. Posted:

Hey I'm a little late to the party (just got Pokemon Y today) but feel free to add me. FC is in the sig.

Currently playing: M&L: Dream Team. Ace Attorney Dual Destinies

Waiting for: Kirby Triple Deluxe, Super Smash Bros, Puzzle & Dragons Z, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney

3DS Friend Code: 4484-9013-4735

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EvilLucario

7,428. Posted:

ilovegaming wrote:

@Gioku It learns it with TM34, which is a prize in the Battle Maison- however, I would suggest that you instead teach it Sludge Bomb (also a TM, TM36, found in route 19) . Sludge Wave has 95 base power and a 10% chance to poison, whereas Sludge Bomb has 90% base power (only slightly weaker) but it has a 30% chance to poison, which is a great plus! I really think that the 5 drop in power is worth the 20 increase in the chance to poison an opponent! :)

I beg to differ. Normal poison is VERY weak and not worth inflicting on a Pokemon. Instead, two layers of Toxic Spikes should be layed down for Toxic poison if you want to spread poison. Not to mention, you're going to spread paralysis or sleep most of the time if you're not running Toxic Spikes. So Sludge Wave is worth using over Sludge Bomb for me.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

7,429. Posted:

Goodra is too slow to put Weakness Policy to good use. Assault Vest is the better option.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Marakuto

7,430. Posted:

I think that I'm going to lay off competitive battling for a while and just focus on chain breeding and EV training 6th gen only Pokemon, then transfer 1st - 5th gens and EV train their offspring too. I think I should have done this in the first place, so that I could just simply wait in the meantime for December. :S

3DS games:

Mario Kart 7

Zelda OoT 3D

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadow Wars

Pokemon Black FC: 2666 2484 8599

Kid Icarus Uprising

Heroes of Ruin
and more.

Crime doesn't pay, unless you are really good at it then those who are legal criminals will pay you to keep their stolen goods safe.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2450-6702

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ilovegaming

7,431. Posted:

feelthesarcasm wrote:

Hey I'm a little late to the party (just got Pokemon Y today) but feel free to add me. FC is in the sig.

Added you so add me back if you want!

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

7,432. Posted:

Does Sludge Wave hit multiple opponents? That'd be the deal breaker, if so... otherwise I guess I'll go with Sludge Bomb!

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

7,433. Posted:

I never really expected Vivillon to be so useful, especially with it's horrid defensive typing.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ilovegaming

7,434. Posted:

@EvilLucario Well, I don't know the whole team structure, so I suggested the move without considering anything else... :P However I still stand by my choice- Goodra has amazing bulk so poisoning an opponent then taking hits as they lose health seems pretty good. If he has a pokemon with toxic spikes in his team then maybe Sludge Wave will be better, but since toxic spikes can go away with rapid spin, defog or if an opponent's poison type switches in and absorbs them, I would like to have that 30% chance to poison in the worst case scenario. As for sleep or paralysis being better, that depends heavily on the team- I personally love paralysis, because it allows other powerful but slow pokemon to outspeed opponents and hit first, but if it's just between Sludge Wave and Sludge Bomb, I think the second is better! But that's still an opinion and he should just go with whatever he prefers! :)

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ilovegaming

7,435. Posted:

@Gioku Yes, Sludge Wave hits everyone- even allies, just like surf does!

Edited on by ilovegaming

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EvilLucario

7,436. Posted:

@ilovegaming Sure, to each there own - but that extra 10 base power can mean life or death, especially if you're lucky to get a critical hit or something.

Finished breeding my perfect Riolu - time to move on to a Dragonite. Sorry Goodra, you're very interesting to use, but Dragonite's better offensives and priority work better for me than your bulk.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

7,437. Posted:

Well boom! That's perfect! Stick Goodra next to Metagross, and free use of Sludge Wave! :)

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ilovegaming

7,438. Posted:

EvilLucario wrote:

@ilovegaming Sure, to each there own - but that extra 10 base power can mean life or death, especially if you're lucky to get a critical hit or something.

Finished breeding my perfect Riolu - time to move on to a Dragonite. Sorry Goodra, you're very interesting to use, but Dragonite's better offensives and priority work better for me than your bulk.

The difference in base power is 5 if I remember correct, but you're right: to each their own! :) And I totally agree that Dragonite is better- he even has multiscale which is amazing!

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta

AuthorMessage
Avatar

EvilLucario

7,439. Posted:

ilovegaming wrote:

EvilLucario wrote:

@ilovegaming Sure, to each there own - but that extra 10 base power can mean life or death, especially if you're lucky to get a critical hit or something.

Finished breeding my perfect Riolu - time to move on to a Dragonite. Sorry Goodra, you're very interesting to use, but Dragonite's better offensives and priority work better for me than your bulk.

The difference in base power is 5 if I remember correct, but you're right: to each their own! :) And I totally agree that Dragonite is better- he even has multiscale which is amazing!

Sorry, you're right. It is 5, but I said 10 because you're not going to use it on anything but Fairies.

Games I'm getting: None

Favorite Games: Super Metroid (SNES) / Mother 2 (Super Famicom) / Pokémon LeafGreen (GBA) / RuneScape (PC)
Playing: Pokémon X / Y (3DS) / Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Nothing interesting happens.
DESTROY THEM ALL!!
RuneScape ID: Evil Lucario

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter: EvilLucario

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ilovegaming

7,440. Posted:

@EvilLucario I can't argue with that! :P

FC: 1504-5926-3130
Expanding my Friend Safari! :D
In game name: Maiden
Safari type- Fire: Braixen, Charmeleon, Ponyta