3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 3,241 to 3,260 of 18,236

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,241. Posted:

Nintendo isn't going to mention pokemon anymore than just the release date. They may talk about it but they're certainly not revealing anything. One pokemon if they do though, nothing big.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,242. Posted:

I'd rather they didn't spoil the final evolutions, personally. I always look forward to those so hard, I love the surprise since they're almost always cool.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,243. Posted:

So that picture of Fennekin's final evo floating around if fake, right? The one with the blatant witch hat? It looks so stupid that I'd normally call it fake, but it fits the graphics style so much more than the badger fake,

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

3,244. Posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bLEOdxAUxY

Here's just some proof that some people are just geniuses when it comes to copying stuff...seriously, that probably took him 15 minutes at most in normal time...

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Vizard17

3,245. Posted:

11 days left! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! >.<

Name: Nathan
Current games:
~The legend of zelda OoT 3D
~Mario Kart 7
~Pokemon Y

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4094-0912 | Nintendo Network ID: Ittoryu67

AuthorMessage

MadameJynx

3,246. Posted:

I'm really excited about... everything! But especially excited about being able to customize your character. I didn't actually think there'd be so many outfit choices but the Japanese trailer really proves otherwise :O

Untitled

hats, shirts, pants, dresses, SOCKS, shoes, purses & bags, accessories..!!!

I hope its not an unlockable feature and you can customize from the get-go? Well, I mean, from the first pokemon center you visit.

Edited on by MadameJynx

I'm a strong, independent ice pokemon who don't need no trainer

3DS Friend Code: 0576-4391-5878

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

3,247. Posted:

i just want to get going on my adventure. I might customise a few things but if there's anything that makes me look like B/W male I'll use it cuz I have my own little storyline planned with that I'll be him. Actually BW and XY males look really similar. I'll do an Ash and change my clothes for a region change

FC: 0018-1208-7315

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

3,248. Posted:

I love how customized characters are becoming one of the more common features in games.

12 days, 12 days, 12 days .... I must sleep for 12 days!

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

3,249. Posted:

It's very cool that you'll be able to customize your characters. I just hope though that the clothes for the female trainers doesn't only include short skirts, trousers, shirts etc. I've not been too fond of the previous female outfits, just don't understand why girls have to show so much skin in video games...:/

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

3,250. Posted:

DdFixen wrote:

It's very cool that you'll be able to customize your characters. I just hope though that the clothes for the female trainers doesn't only include short skirts, trousers, shirts etc. I've not been too fond of the previous female outfits, just don't understand why girls have to show so much skin in video games...:/

It's all cultural. Those of us of European decent shun any type of skin showing, while in Japan they're a lot more open to it.

Edited on by BlatantlyHeroic

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

3,251. Posted:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

DdFixen wrote:

It's all cultural. Those of us of European decent shun any type of skin showing, while in Japan they're a lot more open to it.

Erm, nope. In the US the "prude" age went out several decades ago. In some European countries there are nude beaches, and most beaches there are topless beaches. In Mexico, if you're willing to risk a sun burn or skin cancer, they don't really care what you show. In Canada it's kind of hard to tell what they tolerate, being so cold and always jacket weather up there.

My point, in case you missed it, is that the "of European decent" encapsulates almost half the population of the world. Not to mention, until recently Japan had a tradition of layers for women, only whores showed leg, their culture has changed more in the last 50 years than any other culture in the world, really. The problem is that the US has the superstition believers who think they can, and should, tell everyone else what to do, and they have a lot of money. So it was not until recently that we were able to abolish most of their stupid censorship laws, the rest will dissolve once businesses realize why the internet media is more popular than other forms of media, and the superstitious nuts lose enough power and money.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

3,252. Posted:

KittenKoder wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

DdFixen wrote:

Erm, nope. In the US the "prude" age went out several decades ago. In some European countries there are nude beaches, and most beaches there are topless beaches. In Mexico, if you're willing to risk a sun burn or skin cancer, they don't really care what you show. In Canada it's kind of hard to tell what they tolerate, being so cold and always jacket weather up there.

My point, in case you missed it, is that the "of European decent" encapsulates almost half the population of the world. Not to mention, until recently Japan had a tradition of layers for women, only whores showed leg, their culture has changed more in the last 50 years than any other culture in the world, really. The problem is that the US has the superstition believers who think they can, and should, tell everyone else what to do, and they have a lot of money. So it was not until recently that we were able to abolish most of their stupid censorship laws, the rest will dissolve once businesses realize why the internet media is more popular than other forms of media, and the superstitious nuts lose enough power and money.

You're using trivial things that about only 10% of the population of the United States would participate in. The big picture is that nudity and showing skin is generally shunned in most European culture. Also, I'm not talking about the old Japanese tradition. I know what it was, I know the history of my people. I'm talking about the culture they have now.

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

3,253. Posted:

Don't get me wrong, you guys. It's just nudity itself that I have a hard time with, it's just the fact that female characters often tend to wear so little clothes compared to male characters (in video games and other medias as well). My feminist side just finds that a bit offensive and sexist.

But enough of that. I'm really looking forward to this game, all things considered. Don't know when I'll be able to buy it though, because I'm moving out from my apartment soon, and my job will get pretty hectic the upcoming weeks, so I think I'll have to lay low and wait for a month or so (pretty annoying, but that's how it is).

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

3,254. Posted:

DdFixen wrote:

Don't get me wrong, you guys. It's just nudity itself that I have a hard time with, it's just the fact that female characters often tend to wear so little clothes compared to male characters (in video games and other medias as well). My feminist side just finds that a bit offensive and sexist.

But enough of that. I'm really looking forward to this game, all things considered. Don't know when I'll be able to buy it though, because I'm moving out from my apartment soon, and my job will get pretty hectic the upcoming weeks, so I think I'll have to lay low and wait for a month or so (pretty annoying, but that's how it is).

I personally feel that everyone should wear suits. Not with skirts, with actual pants.

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

3,255. Posted:

DdFixen wrote:

Well, a large number of gamers are male, so they try to appeal to that audience. If we eliminate everything that offends someone, though, we lose everything, literally, everything. Not to mention, there are games which do have scantily clad males as well, though they are few, male barbarians tend to wear less clothing than their female counterparts, it all depends on the genre. Not to mention, who doesn't like wearing a cute outfit that shows legs off? I do, even in the winter, my legs are my best looking asset, ironically. Basically, play the game, enjoy the game, and stop worrying about how other people think.

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

3,256. Posted:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

I personally feel that everyone should wear suits. Not with skirts, with actual pants.

Suits, even on guys, look horribly bland, boring, and destroy any form of individuality. The suited masses here all look like robots, with no character, no flavor, no emotion. Blech, no, the suit is the worst modern invention to date.

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

3,257. Posted:

KittenKoder wrote:

DdFixen wrote:

Well, a large number of gamers are male, so they try to appeal to that audience. If we eliminate everything that offends someone, though, we lose everything, literally, everything. Not to mention, there are games which do have scantily clad males as well, though they are few, male barbarians tend to wear less clothing than their female counterparts, it all depends on the genre. Not to mention, who doesn't like wearing a cute outfit that shows legs off? I do, even in the winter, my legs are my best looking asset, ironically. Basically, play the game, enjoy the game, and stop worrying about how other people think.

Most of the gamers at my High School are females. I really don't see the big deal about wearing skirts, as long as they're fingertip length. If guys can wear shorts, females should be allowed to wear skirts, now it's when the skirts are a lot shorter that problems can arise...
Edit: There are many different styles and colors of suits and under shirts. I personally wear black dress pants, a purple undershirt, and a black vest with a black or white tie. Sometimes I wear a cape when I feel like I'm better than everyone else.

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

3,258. Posted:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

KittenKoder wrote:

Most of the gamers at my High School are females. I really don't see the big deal about wearing skirts, as long as they're fingertip length. If guys can wear shorts, females should be allowed to wear skirts, now it's when the skirts are a lot shorter that problems can arise...

The market has changed, a little bit. While the audience has increased in female count a lot, female gamers are sold on content, not imagery, more than male gamers. Males are all about visuals, so to appeal to the male audience, which are still the majority for certain genres, RPGs they are the vast majority in the total market, they have to make it visually appealing to them. Take WoW for example, the majority of players are nerds, unpopular yet craving attention, so the game tailors it's appearance to them. Pokemon it's school kids, and school kids are all about fashion, even though the market has changed and now includes all ages, the appeal will always be to school kids, it's just how the game is.

As for skirt length, I have a lot of miniskirts in my collection, it's not how long the skirt is that matters, but how you wear it. Yes, my clothing is a collection, not a wardrobe, because I take fashion seriously, as in I don't follow trends, I set them. ;)

AuthorMessage

Gioku

3,259. Posted:

I wear graphic tees all the time... the one I'm wearing right now has Kirby on it! :D

...oh, and 11 days to go!!! :D

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

3,260. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

I wear graphic tees all the time... the one I'm wearing right now has Kirby on it! :D

...oh, and 11 days to go!!! :D

Must find a way to sleep for those 11 days! >.< I wish I was a bear.