3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 301 to 320 of 15,955

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

301. Posted:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Looks legit to me.

That was pretty obvious to me, but then again, I looked up myths about Yggdrassil last week.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Emaan

302. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

wouldn't gen 6 be the bridge generation. It's coming out only a year later after B/W 2 and seems to be adding the least new Pokemon of a generation ever.

While I sort of agree. Gen 6 is adding new to the series beyond just new Pokemon. It's a major visual leap for the series, not to mention the Real Play feature seems interesting. That, and all the other 3DS capabilities implemented such as Street Pass and Spot Pass will really push the Pokemon series forward like never before.

We could be proven wrong, in the sense that, perhaps a new generation doesn't always have to be classified as dumping heaps of new Pokemon designs on us. Maybe a little more new Pokemon than what we know would be great, but the improvements present here in X and Y seem to be more than enough to justify there being new games.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Arcamenel

303. Posted:

Where are people getting this "least number of new Pokemon" stuff from. The only thing I've read on multiple sites is that there will be at LEAST 50. Not just 50. Not no more than 50. AT LEAST. It could very well give us the most yet.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

AuthorMessage

Emaan

304. Posted:

Arcamenel wrote:

Where are people getting this "least number of new Pokemon" stuff from. The only thing I've read on multiple sites is that there will be at LEAST 50. Not just 50. Not no more than 50. AT LEAST. It could very well give us the most yet.

That's the thing though. They wouldn't say "at least 50" if it was around 100 or so new Pokemon, which has been the minimum for each new generation. I don't think anyone believes there will be exactly 50 new Pokemon, but still that much less than the usual will be different.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

305. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

wouldn't gen 6 be the bridge generation. It's coming out only a year later after B/W 2 and seems to be adding the least new Pokemon of a generation ever.

While I sort of agree. Gen 6 is adding new to the series beyond just new Pokemon. It's a major visual leap for the series, not to mention the Real Play feature seems interesting. That, and all the other 3DS capabilities implemented such as Street Pass and Spot Pass will really push the Pokemon series forward like never before.

We could be proven wrong, in the sense that, perhaps a new generation doesn't always have to be classified as dumping heaps of new Pokemon designs on us. Maybe a little more new Pokemon than what we know would be great, but the improvements present here in X and Y seem to be more than enough to justify there being new games.

I wouldn't call it a major leap visually. It's the same engine with cell shading. Real Play, from my understanding, is basically just data from others put into NPC's(correct me if I'm wrong) Black/White had a pseudo-Streetpass, and that was two years ago. What's Spotpass going to do? What are they sending out? I'm just not impressed by what I've seen. This, and the inevitable Pokemon Z/ XX and YY, mean I'll most likely pass on this. Don't get ne wrong, I love pokemon and I've been saying for years it needs to go full 3D, but I just don't think GameFreak tried hard enough.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

306. Posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if the next titles were XX and XY :P

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

307. Posted:

Yeah, but I'm still guessing it'll be under 100 new pokemon, which is still less than we've seen before IIRC. Though I'm not sure exactly how many new pokemon we got with Ruby and Sapphire.

I'm not complaining, though. We have too many pokemon as it is. Seriously, I was overwhelmed by the 300 different pokemon I had to choose from in Black 2, especially since there were so many old favorites. I hope this one doesn't pack in much more than 200 altogether...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Emaan

308. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I wouldn't call it a major leap visually. It's the same engine with cell shading.

Perhaps you should look over the screens of each generation and then confirm how this wasn't much of a graphical leap... :O

@CanisWolfred, Ruby and Sapphire introduced the most Pokemon besides Black and White.

Edited on by Emaan

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

309. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I wouldn't call it a major leap visually. It's the same engine with cell shading.

Perhaps you should look over the screens of each generation and then confirm how this wasn't much of a graphical leap... :O

I saw the trailer the day it came out. As I said before, it's the same engine with cell shading. It's not impressive at all. GameFreak should've hired someone else to take care of visuals, they don't have the skills.

EDIT: I'm talking about from Gen 5 to Gen 6, 4 and below are irrelevant.

Edited on by TheLilK98

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

310. Posted:

Doesn't look like the same engine to me. And the cel-shading works well.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Emaan

311. Posted:

Not to mention what we've seen lacks the polish they are most likely working on.

It even says footage not final.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

312. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I saw the trailer the day it came out. As I said before, it's the same engine with cell shading. It's not impressive at all. GameFreak should've hired someone else to take care of visuals, they don't have the skills.

If they were using the same engine, do you know how pixely/crappy it would look?

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage

Emaan

313. Posted:

Someone just posted this in the Pokemon General Discussion. :O

Untitled

It almost makes me wish we were still going to have sprites <3

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

314. Posted:

L-Lawliet wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

If they were using the same engine, do you know how pixely/crappy it would look?

Let me reiterate. An updated version of the same engine. and it still looks pixilated.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

315. Posted:

I love Chespin. Someone already mentioned it but it's so adorable how it looks just like if he wasn't going to be the starter but said "oh heck no!" and got himself a little leaf hat to sneak in and become the grass starter! X3
Froakie's still number one though baby! :D

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

316. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I love Chespin. Someone already mentioned it but it's so adorable how it looks just like if he wasn't going to be the starter but said "oh heck no!" and got himself a little leaf hat to sneak in and become the grass starter! X3
Froakie's still number one though baby! :D

Lolno, Fennekin FTW

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

BlatantlyHeroic

317. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

L-Lawliet wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Let me reiterate. An updated version of the same engine. and it still looks pixilated.

Have you played OoT 3D? They're both just as pixilated.
Either way, we can't say anything about it anyway, seeing as of how we have ten months until we can actually play the freaking game. This argument is pretty pointless.

Edited on by BlatantlyHeroic

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

318. Posted:

Anyone notice this! :O ...
Untitled
I thought that was water gun... It has to be. Why use ice type attack against pansear?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

PSI_King

319. Posted:

Untitled

Buying: Octodad: Dadliest Catch (Steam), Retro City Rampage (3DS), The Wonderful 101 (Wii U), DKC: Tropical Freeze (Wii U), Rune Factory 4 (3DS)
My new BL
Me vs. 3DSFan134
My Bio by Dark-Luigi
"Want a cookie? So do I. Let's Pokemon battle for it!"

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

320. Posted:

L-Lawliet wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

L-Lawliet wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Emaan wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

Have you played OoT 3D? They're both just as pixilated.
Either way, we can't say anything about it anyway, seeing as of how we have ten months until we can actually play the freaking game. This argument is pretty pointless.

OoT 3D isn't nearly as pixilated as this, but yes, this argument is pointless.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery