3DS Forum

Topic: Pokemon X and Y

Showing 2,841 to 2,860 of 18,292

AuthorMessage

MonocledMetroid

2,841. Posted:

MrMario02 wrote:

Guys, I just found out how many pokemon have been revealed. First, take the ones we know about (39), and add the Mega Evolutions (I guess they count too.) (11) That adds up to 50.

Also I've found the origins of Honedge. His German name is Gramokles, which comes from Gram and Damoklesschwert(Sword of Damocles). Gram (as I recall) Was a sword owned by a king. One day the sword was shattered. As his final wish he asked his wife to rebuild the sword for their son. She did this(and after being reforged it could cleave an anvil in half) and gave it to her son, but later on Sigurd(the prince) abandon the sword in favor of a legendary sword called Balmung. This is also supported by the fact that this guys names usually involve words like one and single. So maybe the king's soul is in the sword?

The other part, Sword of Damocles Is the nickname for Damocles, a king usually depicted in fine linen (Like this Honedge's hand). So that's it for Honedge.

That may be the origin of the German name, but considering its Japanese name is Hitotsuki that's unlikely to be the inspiration for the monster itself.

This stuff is probably where the idea came from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsukumogami

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_sword#Japanese

Also from the History section of that Magic Sword article:

"The Samurai of Japan believed that their swords had their own soul that could possess them. It was not the wielder but their swords that desired to kill; Samurai were just the instrument that the sword used to complete that task. Since most of them were Buddhists (a religion that finds violence and murder abhorent) that train of thought gave them some peace of mind in their killing vocation."

MonocledMetroid

AuthorMessage

MrMario02

2,842. Posted:

@MonocledMetroid Hitotsuki means one stab.

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

2,843. Posted:

Yay a japanese lesson...Japan news:As they have done for the last 3 years with a special Audino, the Pokémon Center has announced the special gift for you to receive in the various Pokémon Centers across Japan for your birthday. This time, you have a choice of ten Pokémon: Pikachu, Eevee, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon, marking Sylveon as the first Kalos Pokémon distribution. This distribution runs from October 12th for Pokémon X & Y
(serebii.net)

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

MonocledMetroid

2,844. Posted:

MrMario02 wrote:

I wasn't asking what it meant, I was merely pointing out that since its original name is Japanese that it was most likely inspired by Japanese lore.

Edited on by MonocledMetroid

MonocledMetroid

AuthorMessage

MrMario02

2,845. Posted:

MonocledMetroid wrote:

MrMario02 wrote:

I wasn't asking what it meant, I was merely pointing out that since its original name is Japanese that it was most likely inspired by Japanese lore.

If the region is based on France why use Japanese lore? And besides Around the same time, the french name was revealed.
EDIT: Ya know what? This argument is dumb.

Edited on by MrMario02

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,846. Posted:

@Sleepingmudkip: Aw, so that's only for Japan? It'd be cool if they did that worldwide...

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage

Pokefanmum82

2,847. Posted:

I know global link had something like that on their site for when it was your birthday. I just can't remember what it was though.

EDIT: yeah global link have you a togekiss for your birthday. I know because I got one. It was from 2010 on so maybe we will get something like that for X & Y on the global link site.

Edited on by Pokefanmum82

looking forward to Yoshi's Woolly World, OR/AS, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Pokémon Art Academy, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, and The Lost Valley.
3DS Friend Code: 5155-3206-9001
NNID: mumof3kids

AuthorMessage

MrMario02

2,848. Posted:

Here's an idea: we want pokemon with mega evos Right? So shouldn't we be out catching those pokemon?

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

2,849. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

@Sleepingmudkip: Aw, so that's only for Japan? It'd be cool if they did that worldwide...

I know right seeing that we still don't know ho to get Sylveon it could be hard so a birthday Sylveon would help but alas with it only a japan thing I can' get it oh well!

FC: 0018-1208-7315

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,850. Posted:

@firestarter2398: That's a strange thing to say, seeing as how, when the game comes out, we'll almost instantaneously have almost all information about it revealed to us, so I think that once we actually have the game, we'll know how to evolve Eevee into Sylveon, along with everything else! ;)

Edited on by Gioku

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

KittenKoder

2,851. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

@firestarter2398: That's a strange thing to say, seeing as how, when the game comes out, we'll almost instantaneously have almost all information about it revealed to us, so I think that once we actually have the game, we'll know how to evolve Eevee into Sylveon, along with everything else! ;)

Not to mention, the game guide comes out at the same time. Serebii and other pokemon wikis will be flooded with updates and corrections on the release date, it may crash the internets! But on the more serious side, other than what I see the creators announce themselves, I just consider the rest ony speculation anyway, so even if someone did announce the method of evolving it, I wouldn't pay much heed.

Friend list is full, I will be clearing room for Bravely Default soon though. Colors! 3D Gallery, My Blog
NNID: KittenKoder ..... what else would it be?

3DS Friend Code: 3497-0224-3414 | Nintendo Network ID: KittenKoder | Twitter: KittenKoder

AuthorMessage

Sleepingmudkip

2,852. Posted:

@Gioku i know its never fair...and why did they stop the togekiss...I guess this is the bad side to living in USA,Canada or europe

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

The Final 2 Great Turn-Base RPGs Pokemon and Fire Emblem

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

2,853. Posted:

I've finally seen the XY trailer on serebii, brothers always on the computer and 3DS doesn't play videos, it pretty confirms Froakie is Ash's never gonna evolve water type

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

2,854. Posted:

firestarter2398 wrote:

@notshadowing. First, grammar! Second don't even try to "leak" cuz thaat was stupid. The only thing that might happen is Oorotto being called Ghostree

I wonder how many new pokemon there are this region. I've got eye set on 128-132 taking the nat dex to 777-781

First: I was joking. Based on my previous comments do you really believe I would stoop to such low grammar without reason? (And why do you of all people suddenly care about grammar?)

Second: I don't believe there will be any more than 725 pokemon, because the Gamestop description for the game says "Over 700 Pokemon"
and if there were any more, they would have said "Over 725 Pokemon".

Edited on by iwanttodie

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,855. Posted:

NOT_Shadowing wrote:

Second: I don't believe there will be any more than 725 pokemon, because the Gamestop description for the game says "Over 700 Pokemon"

Ew, that's creepy! That means they'd be adding hardly any! (compared to other generations) :O

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,856. Posted:

Haha, I just found this old thread, that contained this link, which led to a whole bunch of rumors about X & Y. I think it's been debunked by now, simply because of this paragraph:

Heibai wrote:

Xerneas is Ice/Steel, and Yveltal is Fire/Dark. They have a unique ability where they can shift types with each other, Xerneas becoming red and Fire/Steel, and Yveltal becoming blue and Ice/Dark. Supposedly, Game Freak chose the typings in part due to members of the team being fans of R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire, among other reasons.

It's still fun to look at old rumors, though, and see what people thought before there was very much information. :)

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery

AuthorMessage

firestarter2398

2,857. Posted:

NOT_Shadowing wrote:

firestarter2398 wrote:

@notshadowing. First, grammar! Second don't even try to "leak" cuz thaat was stupid. The only thing that might happen is Oorotto being called Ghostree

I wonder how many new pokemon there are this region. I've got eye set on 128-132 taking the nat dex to 777-781

First: I was joking. Based on my previous comments do you really believe I would stoop to such low grammar without reason? (And why do you of all people suddenly care about grammar?)

i was ina rush making that post but the grammar was alright just a mispelling and 2/3 missing words no big deal. i don't know if they'd say more than 725 because, and correct me if i'm wrong, sinnoh didn't say over 475

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

2,858. Posted:

Gioku wrote:

Haha, I just found this old thread, that contained this link, which led to a whole bunch of rumors about X & Y. I think it's been debunked by now, simply because of this paragraph:

Heibai wrote:

Xerneas is Ice/Steel, and Yveltal is Fire/Dark. They have a unique ability where they can shift types with each other, Xerneas becoming red and Fire/Steel, and Yveltal becoming blue and Ice/Dark. Supposedly, Game Freak chose the typings in part due to members of the team being fans of R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire, among other reasons.

It's still fun to look at old rumors, though, and see what people thought before there was very much information. :)

Gioku wrote:

I bookmarked that other page so that when this kind of information actually comes out, I can compare it to what we really get.]

Oh wow, you weren't kidding, lol

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

2,859. Posted:

firestarter2398 wrote:

NOT_Shadowing wrote:

firestarter2398 wrote:

i was ina rush making that post but the grammar was alright just a mispelling and 2/3 missing words no big deal. i don't know if they'd say more than 725 because, and correct me if i'm wrong, sinnoh didn't say over 475

I think you might be on to something. I went back and counted all the Pokemon we know about, added for what evolutions they will probably have, and I got about 50. I don't think we know all the Pokemon, so I will retract my previous statement.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

Gioku

2,860. Posted:

@Retro_On_TheGo: haha, nope, I wasn't kidding! :P

Also, for no reason this time, I've added Aurorus to my avatar! :P
Untitled
Next update will be at the 19 day mark, and I'll add my starters! :D

I am now an eShop Guru!
The Flutterloggery